• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Former WWE Star severely injured!

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
Former WWE wrestler Dalip Singh Rana, better known by his ring name 'The Great Khali', suffered a severe head injury during the Continental Wrestling Entertainment show at Haldwani, Uttarakhand.

Khali sustained a head injury last night during the first show of 'The Great Khali Returns Series' while fighting against foreign wrestlers - Mike Knox and Brody Steel at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Gaula Par, Haldwani.

He is presently admitted to ICU. Seriously shocked to know such news.

khali-m.jpg

Got to know that he has got a fracture in shoulder and a bunch of injuries on head, brain, chest and neck.

Wishing all good for him and his family. :worship:

Thats sad to hear man, I'm an Indian and I have got to tell you he has a pretty decent fan base here to the point that people like my Grandma can recognize him. Injuries are bad no matter who they occur to and I wish Khali all the best and a speedy recovery!

On a side note, Khali was part of a really good cement add last year.

Muh kayfabe is tingling. it's actually pretty awesome that the kayfabe is so strong in India still.

What would a wrestling message board be without ill-informed and snarky comments... :rolleyes:
The mainstream media has caught on to this story; The Deccan Chronicle is reporting that he was airlifted from Haldwani and flown in to a speciality hospital in Dehradun.
www.deccanchronicle.com/sports/in-o...-serious-head-injury-and-it-s-not-staged.html
The Indian Express too has covered this news: indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/the-great-khali-suffers-head-injuries-hospitalised-in-fight/

I was never a fan of Khali's wrestling style or his crlebrity status, but it sucks to see a wrestler getting legitimately injured while wrestling, especially when the injuries are serious. I hope he has a complete and speedy recovery.

If this is not kayfabe, im really sad to read about it and i hope khali get well as soon as possible.

Seems legit. I can't really imagine a world where the audience thinks it's real, but thanks to India, I don't have to imagine it.

In the highly unlikely event that he did hurt himself, get well soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back