• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those with-out the benefit of seeing this

Definately wasn't aired. But you are pretty harsh if you are calling that bad.
They guys career is done, what's wrong with people showing respect?

And if it was so bad why did you bother to tell anyone

I don't know what gameover is referring to, but I saw the sequence and if you are an Edge fan it was a both a sad moment and a great moment. Say what you want about the WWE, but they do a great job of paying tribute to those that have sacrificed their lives and their bodies for the business. I got nothing but respect for Edge and I hope he continues to work with the WWE in the background cause it will only make them better.

It wasn't aired in Australia for some reason but thank you very much for sharing the link. That was history right there. Had tears in the eyes

@gameover....where did I say it was bad? Re-read my post because I said it was sad with him crying and me thinking about missing him when he is gone. I put it up so other wrestling fans that appreciate Edge could see what WWE didn't show on tv. @hollowpoint I agree I hope he sticks around in some capacity even if he made appearences like HBK did when he was on the shelve for that lengthy period. I'm happy he is walking away but for selfish reasons I am sad as well as feeling sad because you can really tell he doesn't want to give it up yet.

I remember seeing the vignettes about edge when he was to first debut....i remember when his first match with the wwe. I've always loved to watch a person evolve and tonite brought everything full circle...from day one to the last day, he had been a consumate professional. He made you love him, and he made you hate him, there was no in between. He was that good. Though we have lost a lot of great ones in recent years whether it be due to retirement matches or injury, I didn't see this coming. But as much as I would like to see him stay, I am a happier fan knowing that this man accomplished all he had accomplished and can WALK away and spend time with his family. It's a bittersweet moment that can only be softened by the fact that I believe with my entire heart that 1. this man has earned the hall of fame, and i'm positive that he's going to get in. and 2. that he will see his best friend soon become world champion. I will definetly miss Edge, and I pray nothing but the best for him and all he endeavors to do from this day forward. God bless you man~

@gameover....where did I say it was bad? Re-read my post because I said it was sad with him crying and me thinking about missing him when he is gone. I put it up so other wrestling fans that appreciate Edge could see what WWE didn't show on tv. @hollowpoint I agree I hope he sticks around in some capacity even if he made appearences like HBK did when he was on the shelve for that lengthy period. I'm happy he is walking away but for selfish reasons I am sad as well as feeling sad because you can really tell he doesn't want to give it up yet.

Yeah you can tell he doesn't want to let it go and for me that is why I have much more respect for him because he isn't risking further permanent injury to himself by staying too long. He deserves the respect from all his peers, both past and present for everything he accomplished in the ring. Some of his matches are legendary and will never be forgotten.

@cl, I thought about that myself, the WWE honoring Edges last WWE wish, letting Christian win his first real World title.(Not counting the ECW title) then have Del Rio finally complete his destiny. I wanted to save this for a new thread but since this is an Edge thread anyway, did anyone think it was tasteless to have Del Rio smack talking about Edge or was it a good idea to let Del Rio get one last heat rub courtesy of Edge?

Yeah, awesome Video.. And you can definitley tell he doesn't wanna give it up right now.. I am gonna miss his work in the ring and selfishly wish he could continue wrestling. I hope he enjoys his retirement and all that ice cream, he's deserved it.

@cl, I thought about that myself, the WWE honoring Edges last WWE wish, letting Christian win his first real World title.(Not counting the ECW title) then have Del Rio finally complete his destiny. I wanted to save this for a new thread but since this is an Edge thread anyway, did anyone think it was tasteless to have Del Rio smack talking about Edge or was it a good idea to let Del Rio get one last heat rub courtesy of Edge?

I think it was okay for him to talk a little more trash only because Edge is able to retire in one piece. Now if Edge had gotten seriously injured in a match w/Del Rio & Del had continued in keyfabe like he was happy about him being really hurt then I think that would have been taking it to far. Also seeing as Del Rio hasn't been w/the company long that gave them an opportunity to play on the fact that he doesn't care about Edge because they never had a chance to build a relationship of respect for one another behind the cameras.

Awesome man thanks for posting it, deffinatly wasn't aired in Australia thanks again
Thanks edge we will miss you

The Edge send-off was done beautifully. Videos people had made with their cellphones had leaked on the Internet beforehand. I was surprised to see that in the version of Smackdown I saw the whole thing was included.

I like how Edge apologizes that he is going to ruin Kane's reputation before revealing that they are the best of friends. :) Don't worry, Edge. He did that himself a few weeks back when he did the Santino Happy Dance on RAW.

I do believe it was only aired on UK Sky Sports, but I may be wrong.

Gotta love Edge :) and loved how Del Rio was able to put him over and still somewhat maintain his character. Brilliant :)

Yeah WWE should have gotten more time to air this on SmackDown because it was amazing and very well done. Thank you Edge we will all miss you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back