For some it's all about the opposition.

RedRegan1005

Leading A Revolution
Everybody on this forum knows who John Cena is. Whether you love him, has him, or are on the fence, most people respect him. One criticism of john Cena that has been the center of fan arguments ever sense he became a WWE Champ is his wrestling ability. Many feel he's not good in the ring. People always talk about his five moves of doom and say he's nowhere near as good in the ring as many other top superstar of the past and present. I'm here to somewhat defend the man from outside of Boston, and trust me, I'm from Buffalo, NY so my instincts immediately tell me to consider him evil. John Cena has put on some great matches in his career even if his strongest of haters refuse to admit it. I'm not going to say Cena is amazing in the ring and can carry anyone to a five star match, but he is better in the ring than many believe, but in a certain way. What I see in Cena is a man who can hang and keep up on his end against all competitors. For him it seems to be all about who he's wrestling. Put him in the ring with a really bad worker and you should probably be prepared to see a bad match. Put him in there with a great in ring guy and you'll usually get a great match. Some people will come back to this by saying "yea that's cause the guy he's facing is so good he can carry Cena to a good match", but that's not the case. When Cena is placed in a match with a man who is superior in the ring like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Shawn Michaels, or The Rock he always steps up and brings his A game. He doesn't let his dance partner carry him, rather he busts his ass to hang with him through out the match and actually contribute. This was something I started to realize this when he face Shawm Michaels at WM23. That match was unbelievable and proved to me that some of the Cena match bashing was unwarranted. Would I use the infamous line of " he could have a good match with a broom" to describe him? Hell no, but would I would say he can keep up his part of the deal against some of the greats and help to deliver a memorable match. Maybe it's just me who feels this way what do you guys think? Also are there any other wrestlers, past or present, who you feel also fall into this category?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back