Football Manager

Tequila Dave

Flame on.
Back in 2003, when I was a young 'un, I walked in on my brother playing Championship Manager, a football simulation game. I was never a huge fan on football (and when I say football I mean the kind where you use your feet to kick a ball) but I instantly fell in love with game/series (which is now called Football Manager.)

I was curious if anyone else on these forums shares my love for this game, and if you have stories to share  I am currently in my second season as Swansea, having narrowly avoided relegation last year.

I do, but your completely wrong about it being renamed Football Manager. It's made by the guys that created the Championship Manager games(the name was owned by the publisher) but they broke off to form their own studio because of a difference of opinion with their management.

I'm still playing FM11 at the minute, I didn't like the demo for '12 at all. I'm currently managing Bolton imy second season an we are sitting in sixth place in the EPL.

Im not a huge fan of football, i watch a few games every now and then on the tv. But i really enjoyed playing Fifa 12 on my PS3 on manager mode.

So i was thinking about buying/trying a FM game for my iPod touch. So in your opinion, what FM is best to get? Fm 10 / 11? etc.

I do, but your completely wrong about it being renamed Football Manager. It's made by the guys that created the Championship Manager games(the name was owned by the publisher) but they broke off to form their own studio because of a difference of opinion with their management.

I'm still playing FM11 at the minute, I didn't like the demo for '12 at all. I'm currently managing Bolton imy second season an we are sitting in sixth place in the EPL.

Nope sorry dude. Football Manager kept the game engine Championship Manager kept the title when they split a few years ago.

I adore Football Manager I still refer to it as 'Champ' :)

Im not a huge fan of football, i watch a few games every now and then on the tv. But i really enjoyed playing Fifa 12 on my PS3 on manager mode.

So i was thinking about buying/trying a FM game for my iPod touch. So in your opinion, what FM is best to get? Fm 10 / 11? etc.

Best FM to get is always the latest ones. But if you want a classic it's champ manager 01/02 for me.

Ok cheers mate, ill take a look in the App store soon. Ill probs just try FM to start of with like.
Cheers for the reply and Happy new year mate.

Basically the people who used to make championship manager(sports interactive) changed publisher in 2005 and by doing so lost the rights to the name "championship manager" so the games they made from 2005 onwards are now called "football manager" so it is a name change.

There are still championship manager games being made but are nothing like the older ones and are pretty shit.

The latest one is Fm 2012 but you need to be connected to the internet every time you want to load your save so if that's a problem for you then i would suggest 2011 due to some of the newer players being available. They also brought in some new features in that game that the old ones don't have like dealing with agents in contract negotiations and press confrences.

To answer the OP's question i first started with championship manager 04 and have been hooked since. I would say my best achievement was taking West brom from the championship to the premier league title in 5 seasons in football manager 10. If only they accepted my c.v instead of Hodgeson's last year :rolleyes:

Basically the people who used to make championship manager(sports interactive) changed publisher in 2005 and by doing so lost the rights to the name "championship manager" so the games they made from 2005 onwards are now called "football manager" so it is a name change.

There are still championship manager games being made but are nothing like the older ones and are pretty shit.

The latest one is Fm 2012 but you need to be connected to the internet every time you want to load your save so if that's a problem for you then i would suggest 2011 due to some of the newer players being available. They also brought in some new features in that game that the old ones don't have like dealing with agents in contract negotiations and press confrences.

To answer the OP's question i first started with championship manager 04 and have been hooked since. I would say my best achievement was taking West brom from the championship to the premier league title in 5 seasons in football manager 10. If only they accepted my c.v instead of Hodgeson's last year :rolleyes:

Lol. Cheers mate, yea i think i will try out 2011 as you stated. When im out and about, i probs wont get a connection like.
Thanks for the info.

And Happy new year mate :D

I used to love the LMA Manager series, but the last game they released was LMA Manager 2007. I stopped playing just a few months ago. I loved creating my manager, and watching games whilst telling my players to "push forward" or "defend". I can remember winning the Conference, League 2 and League 1 with Oxford on the bounce, before making the decison to move to Birmingham in the Championship. It was my favourite series for years.

My friends have been pestering me to make the swap over to Football Manager, I tryed the 2009 edition I think, but never really got into it, I missed watching the matches in LMA. I am considering giving the game another go though.

I used to love the LMA Manager series, but the last game they released was LMA Manager 2007. I stopped playing just a few months ago. I loved creating my manager, and watching games whilst telling my players to "push forward" or "defend". I can remember winning the Conference, League 2 and League 1 with Oxford on the bounce, before making the decison to move to Birmingham in the Championship. It was my favourite series for years.

My friends have been pestering me to make the swap over to Football Manager, I tryed the 2009 edition I think, but never really got into it, I missed watching the matches in LMA. I am considering giving the game another go though.

I loved it too, but I got into Football Manager earlier than that. I honestly preferred LMA over FM just because it was a casual management game. FM can be REALLLLLLY frustrating at times whereas LMA was much user friendly when it came to the tactical side of the game.

You should try out Football Manager 2011, it has a 3D match engine ala LMA, and it's better(i think) than LMAs match engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back