Foo Fighters Last Night!

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Well, I was talking about it for the past two weeks and last night it finally came. Saw the Foo Fighters at the Roundhouse, for the iTunes Festival. They broke all curfews and didn't finish playing till 12:15am. I didn't get home until 2:30 this morning and I have no voice and cuts and bruises everywhere. But, it was an amazing night, with many guests both on and off the stage. Joining the Foo's on the Stage during the night were;
  • Lemmy.
  • Brian May...&
  • Roger Taylor

Then, I took a walk around the area and the first man I see, is Seasick Steve. Funnily enough, he recognised me from when I saw him live last week, so we had a chat. Then, I went out the doors of the staging area just to go and get something to drink and who happens to be the man buying a drink in front of me? None other than fucking Jimmy Page. Again, I was starstruck, it was just brilliant. So, just when I think it can't get any better, I look up onto the Balcony just before going back to the stage and I spot Robert Trujillo, the bassist of Metallica. He wasn't alone though, because from the door in front of me come James Hetfield, also from Metallica. He stopped to chat to me and a few others for about 5 minutes, but wouldn't do photos, because "otherwise everyone's gonna want a piece of this shit", as he said. However, I did manage to snap a few great photos, which I'll show you now.

(Note: Jimmy Eat World were supporting, they were pretty good too.)

10nccbk.jpg

(This is my favourite picture from the whole night.)

2q1z121.jpg

4shg6a.jpg

(There's Brian May, Roger Taylor, Dave Grohl with Taylor Hawkins on Vocals).

(Apologies for the pictures being so huge, but this way you can see how good they were).

So How much trouble did you get for breaking curfew?

Well, around 10:50, Dave pretty much said, "They told us that we gotta finish up here by 11, but we got a Set-list that's not gonna fit those constraints, so we're gonna play every fucking song we got on this list, no matter what time we finish!"
He then looked over to what must've been the "main man", who gave him a thumbs up. It felt slightly planned, yet simultaneously didn't.

There was one dick though, who started a fight in the moshpit, but Dave stopped the whole to confront him. I took this bit from the Yahoo review;

"Get the fuck out of my gig!" he said to huge rapture as security staff quickly evacuated the main offenders. "You don't come to a Foo Fighters gig to fight, you come to dance!"

But yeah, it was still great.

That sounds an amazing gig, and you got to see Lemmy and talk to Hetfield

Fantastic

What did the Foos play, all the hits or the majority of the new album?

I FUCKING HATE YOU! Fuck man! That was sick! I was hoping to see them on my itunes but my fucking country doesn't have itunes so I couldn't see the damn thing!

BTW Fuck those assholes that like to fight in concerts. Reason #329549693 why Dave Grohl is my hero (pun intented)

263859_10150712280680545_25098475544_19283440_2372194_n.jpg

That's the setlist Naitch. Nice name change as well.

I had lost my voice by the time Monkey Wrench was over.

Nice set list!

All my favourites in there I think, and I am guessing Lemmy sang Probot's "Shake Your Blood" as he and Grohl were in the band?

Wish I had been there to see the show, I would love to see Foo Fighters live

Great set. Theyre playing Pittsburgh in September and I already have tickets. They closed with Everlong when I saw them 3 years ago as well.

It's more than likely you'll get that set-list as well. They've been playing it for a while now.

All my favourites in there I think, and I am guessing Lemmy sang Probot's "Shake Your Blood" as he and Grohl were in the band?

Indeed he did.

Pah, I saw them at Milton Keynes last week.

I saw John Paul Jones, Seasick Steve, Butch Vig and Bob Mould

Would've been awesome. But I had my fair share of famous names that night, think having Krist might've just blown my head off. There were rumours Josh Homme was around too, but no-one confirmed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back