• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fond Memories: Maven

Darkshot77

Pre-Show Stalwart
Every once in a while, I feel motivated to make a thread discussing ones fond memories of a wrestler long released form the company. Todays subject is Maven. First a brief overveiw of his careere in the E.

Maven started his carrere in the amazingly successful(NOT) Tough Enough, reality show compititon, which he won. He holds a distinct honor among the tough enough members as being one of two to ever hold a title, Hardcore it may have been, the other member is John Morrison.

Maven's bigest push came when he beat Batista and participated in survivor series and ended up controlling RAW for a day. Where he had a match for the title against Triple H, which he lost. After wards he had an unsuccessful feud with Shellton Benjamin. He then went on to tag with Simon Dean, and shortly afterwards he was released for "decreased revenue and a lack of enthusiasm with respect to Maven's in-ring ability as the cause of his release"

So on with my memory, the moment that defines Maven the most happened at the 2002 Royal Rumble, where he eliminated the Undertaker via a dropkick. At this point the Undertaker elimiated him and preceaded to beat his arse all over the arena. Then he shoved his head through a popcorn popper and then took a hand full of the popcorn (some bloody) and ate it.

So this was my best memory of Maven what of yours.

Saw him at a RAW show in Winnipeg. It was a pre RAW heat match. I remember the crowd really being against Maven, and this was back when he was a face. He hit his signature drop kick and the guy beside me booed him the whole match and remarked about the drop kick being Maven's only good move. Yup, everyone hated Maven. and that's my fondest memory of him.

You might know him as Eyebrows Huffman.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Awesome!

I enjoyed Maven. I was even a Maven mark. His elimination of The Undertaker from the Rumble and subsequent beating at Taker's hands was awesome. I did respect the kid, and my fiancee and I were both HUGE Tough Enough fans.

In fact, when my fiancee Becky, NorCal, and I took over Fan Slam and met Al Snow, we asked about Maven.

My fondest memory was watching him on Tough Enough, the Rumble, and a strong match w/ HHH on RAW.

Funny thing - his original theme song was by a band called Big Mother Thruster (the song was called Tatoo), who also did themes for the TV show. Thruster redid the song Tatoo and renamed it "Memory" around the name time they changed their band name to "Mercy Drive." And you may know them...

I remember when Hardcore Holly kicked his ass one time. Or was that several times? Anyway, he had 3 Hardcore Championship reigns so he's a future HoFer.

I'd have to go with him losing the Hardcore Title at WM18 to Crash while he was in the middle of defending it against Goldust (24/7 rules in full swing back then of course), who kept using Gold painted weapons. Crash then avoided some 5 or 6 other guys, and then got taken out by the Hurricane who then won the title. He then hid in the Godfather's Ho's dressing room, and then just when he thought he and Mighty Molly could run off into the night, she clocked him with a frying pan and won the title from him.

THEN, Molly's running around to find safe ground and the top half of a half door gets slammed in her face. You see the assailant's legs and it turned out to be Christian, who had lost to DDP earlier during the night, and he was in the middle of his 'cry like a little girl when he loses' angle.

THEN having acquired a title by doing nothing, Christian was about to hop in a cab to go home, puts his suitcase in the trunk, and then Maven runs up, rolls him up, ref counts to 3 and then Maven jumps off in Christian's cab with his luggage in the boot, leaving Christian to throw a tantrum for the 2nd time that night.

Only a Maven memory at the beginning and the end really, but still a good one.

Does anyone remember how he actually beat Taker for the Hardcore title?

The only time i've EVER seen Maven wrestle is the first time i had EVER watched Raw. It was right after Batista won the Royal Rumble and he came out and beat Maven in a squash match.

My best Maven is my only Maven memory, Survivor Series Maven gets the hot tag and takes out the opposition using signature moves. You could hear the crickets.

Wait, are you talking about the guy who only got onto The Surreal Life because stripped down to a thong and the guy who he was up against in the final round of the pose off had a skid mark down the back of his underwear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back