Who Wins This Match?

• Goldberg

• Big Show

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Flair Region, Atlanta Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

phillips-arena2.jpg

Goldberg%2B7.png

#7. Goldberg

Vs.

13ElWMn2.jpg

#10. Big Show

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've seen this movie before and Goldberg went over. And that wasn't slow out of shape Big Show. That was athletic, former WCW WHC Giant. Don't get me wrong, Show is one of the greatest big guys to ever do it, but Goldberg's short lived impact was greater than anything Show did.

Vote Goldberg.

I know Goldberg wasn't the greatest, but he was definitely one of the most dominant. So was The Giant. Big Show hung around a lot longer, but Goldberg was unstoppable at one time, and he beat The Giant during that time.

Goldberg wins.

Goldberg's undefeated streak was mostly against jobbers and consistently it had been always one minutes matches. But Big Show is the one to win Hulk Hogan, in his debut match and that too for the World Championship. Big Show himself had a dominant career which was plagued by poor booking. But Goldberg's career was short lived, albeit making an impact on that. But you see, Big Show almost had won all the titles and awards in WWE. Big Show goes over here

Goldberg's undefeated streak was mostly against jobbers

One of those "jobbers' he beat during his streak was The Giant.

But Big Show is the one to win Hulk Hogan, in his debut match and that too for the World Championship.

Well Goldberg wasn't given a World Championship opportunity in his first fucking match but still, he beat Hogan to win his first World Title too in a much more dominant fashion.

A more viable comparison would be their WWE debuts where both of their values were known coming in. Show took nearly a year to win a World Title whereas Goldberg was given the title in less than 6 months.

Big Show himself had a dominant career which was plagiarised by poor booking.

I think you mean plagued. I hope you mean plagued.

The way Show has been booked his whole career suggests he would be Goldberg fodder in this match, he's exactly the type of big man that would be an obstacle for Goldberg to overcome, probably why Big Show was Goldberg fodder during his World title run. I'm not voting based on that 1 match but considering Goldberg did more business and got over more than Show could ever dream of in just 1 short year I see no reason to vote against Goldberg. Yeah Big Show had some big victories against some big names but he's always been the guy who falls to juggernauts in big matches. He's a very skilled giant but he never reached the heights of Goldberg, not even close.

Vote Goldberg, there's really no reason to go against him here.

Usually I would argue about Big Show's career and the championships he's won, and the big moments he's been a part of...but we've seen this match, prime v prime, and Goldberg won them all. That's about all that needs to be said here.

Unless you want to argue that Giant was thrown off the roof of a building and was okay to wrestle later that night.

We've seen this before, and Goldberg hit the Jackhammer on the 500lb IN SHAPE Big Show. He couldn't stop Da Man, WCW's home grown megastar.

If we are looking at guys when they were in their primes, Big Show lost regularly, Goldberg didn't. He smashed everybody, and would no doubt put The Giant down for a 3 count again, with another Spear/Jackhammer combo.

Vote Bill

Goldberg with an easy win.

A kick, spear and Jack-Hammer for the pin.

Big Show is annoying now as is his continuous heel-dace turns.

Goldberg's streak is enough to go over Big Show.

I think Big Show is hugely underrated as a talent, I really do, but Goldberg was a guy that the crowd latched on to in a manner unlike anyone else. I'm surprised that the result is such a landslide towards Goldberg, but in truth, his 1998 is probably better than any year in Big Show's career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back