First Round: New York - Randy Savage vs. Kane

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Randy Savage

• Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the New York City Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

madison-square-garden.jpg

Randy Savage

Wrestl14.jpg

Vs.

Kane

2122-kane-wallpapers.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Very intense matchup. Could eventually end up being a brawl. But Kane can not dish out enough punishment to keep the Macho Man down. Body slam leads to elbow drop, Savage with the victory.

Macho Man. He was just an overall, better competitor. While Kane is infamous for being a jobber and putting people over. Savage was a household name in the 80's. He was an icon to little children everywhere just like Hogan and Warrior were. He has also paved the way for many superstars today.

Savage gets it here

Do we even need to argue this?

Randy Savage any day, Kane in his prime or any given day wasn't superior to Randy, while you'd think that "Oh but Kane was dominant like hell (no pun intended)" but Randy Savage was just that much more, Kane is and almost always has been a glorified jobber with a few title-reigns here and there, as opposed to Randy who held numerous titles, so it's really hard to vote against Randy, so I'm not going to.

Randy gets my vote here.

Randy savage was awesome and he still is. Kane would never accomplished anything more than what Macho man accomplished. Randy used to get over the crowd heel or face he was just lovable by any wrestling fan. Kane is a jobber and Kane will never be in the same level as macho man Randy Savage.

Kane was always booked as a behemoth that would come out and level everyone in the ring, but in terms of actually winning matches, he was never the best. He may have seemed unstoppable when he debuted, but ultimately, he didn't really beat anyone and was stopped fairly easily, after beating jobbers extrordanaire in Vader and err... Chainz. Savage beat pretty much everyone there was to beat in his era, and he deserves this one.

Kane started off hot, but fizzled real quick once he got into his feuds with Taker and Austin. As guys like the Rock, Foley and Triple H came up out of the midcard, Kane became a jobber to the stars, and never really recovered. He had the inevitable mask removal, which sparked a little bit of life back into him, but once he feuded with Taker again, the mystique was gone once again. I'm a fan of the man, but he's hardly an elite level wrestler.

There really isn't too much to say about Savage here, especially considering the competition the next few rounds for him. You don't want to give everything away to early for the guy. The man is simply one of the best in ring workers I have ever watched, and he should move on.

Kane is a favorite of mine, but in the end he will fall short to my go to drunk impersonation (Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh) Randy Savage. Savage was considered the best at a time when Hulk Hogan was running rampant, that is saying something. Kane has never been the best. It is a shame he had his one day world title run and it wasn't longer, but Savage had a title run of almost a year and another of close to 150 days. Savage could excel no matter where you put him on the card and while Kane can do the same to some extent, he is no Macho Man.

Savage all the way here. Not only was he a bigger star, and not only is his impact on the business far more important, but he is just the ultimate entertainer. I'll never get bored watching old footage of Savage, and Kane just hasn't caught my attention for years. I've got a lot of respect for what Kane was and what his role is in the WWE today, but that's just nowhere near enough for me to vote for him over a legend like Savage.

My vote goes to Savage here, Kane was a fucking monster back when he debuted up until around the time he took off the mask, but in that time he only held the WWF title for one day and won it because of the Undertaker in the first place. Savage wins this one.

Kane was a guy that started out hot and seemed unstoppable on the surface. Like Bill Goldberg, Kane made a lot of his reputation, particularly the first year, by destroying jobbers. However, by the time his first feud with the Undertaker was over, Kane's sizzle quickly went out and he was no longer this unstoppable juggernaut. Kane is someone that's been a great addition to the WWE's mid-card and upper mid-card scene now for close to a decade. He has a lot of power, can move well for a guy his size and is an overall very good wrestler when compared to most other big men.

Randy Savage was tenacious and is still thought of as one of the greatest of all time. Savage will go over Kane but he won't have an easy time with it. Savage will spend a good portion of the match being tossed around like a ragdoll and just physically overpowered. I can see Savage managing to avoid Kane's chokeslam long enough to get the job done. I wouldn't be surprised if it took more than one elbow from the top rope to do it, but, eventually, the Macho Man would come out on top in this one.

I hate to vote against Kane, but I'd hate to vote against Savage even more, a man who is widely considered to be the greatest all rounder of all time. Kane spent a lot of his early career destroying jobbers and mid-carders, but in big match situations, as in his first match with Undertaker for example, opponents generally found a way to beat him.

Matches dont come much bigger than when your against Savage, and being the crafty bugger that he was, he would always find a way to beat someone like Kane.

I am saddened about the results of this. I think Randy Savage was good an all, but I found him to be quite boring. Not sure what it was about him that bored me, he just did. Kane is pretty boring too, so thats not helping Kane out. So I guess Ill vote Savage here, even though Kane could put up a great fight.

Savage gets my vote here, for sure. Kane was dominant in the beginning of his run, and was one of the few people who could make Undertaker doubt himself. Sadly, after his one world title reign, he pretty much went downhill. Savage is still considered one of the best wrestlers overall, whether a face or heel. His wrestling ability is largely underrated, and his promos speak for themselves. One of the most popular characters of the 80's, there's a reason people compared him to Hogan in terms of a fanbase. He easily beats Kane here.

When I think of Kane I think of the 2001 Royal Rumble, where despite killing everything in his path, he lost. I think of that last man standing match with Jericho, despite murdering Jericho (over a fucking coffee if I remember right), Kane lost. Then we have Kane vs Undertaker.

Kane is the best at losing the big match, sure he will put up a fight, but Savage would get the feeding here. While I quite enjoy a dominating Kane, I even moreso enjoy the classic matches Savage has given us. Savage in my eyes was the better star, and kayfabe wise as well as otherwise, he should win this.

As others have said, Kane tends to lose. Alot. To wrestlers that he shouldn't be losing to even in the cases of guys like X-Pac getting more than one pinfall victory over Kane in the winter of 99/spring of 2000. If he can't beat the likes of X-Pac, he definitely isn't going to take out a multiple time world champion in the Macho Man Randy Savage. Hard fought contest I'd imagine, but eventually Savage would simply outwrestle Kane on the mat and get the victory. Savage advances.

For some reason, Kane has never been anything special. He was never an exceedingly significant worker to professional wrestling, as he never seemed to get the spotlight nor did he show he wanted it. Consequently, he lost a lot of matches and seemed more focused on putting others over as opposed to himself, particularly in his later years. Whereas, in Savage, we have a firmly solid main eventer that has wrestled classic with a wide array of opponents and has a pretty high success rate. Additionally, Savage is the better all around worker. When you combine all of this, it makes one easy vote.

I voted for Kane, to make it a little bit closer than it should look. Everyone cites Kane's debut, but he was at his absolute best when he returned from injury, between 2002 and 2003, and oddly enough, during the period when he lost his mask. In that period, he managed to beat RVD to a bloody pulp, come as close as anyone ever had to unseating Triple H from his year long reign as anyone ever had, won both the IC And Tag Team Championship, and was an absolute monster. He was the focus of Raw. He actually beat, singlehandedly, RVD and Jeff Hardy, Bubba and Spike Dudley, and Christian and Chris Jericho, in a TLC match. This man was an absolute beast at this point, and had *alleged* politics not taken place, he may have been World Heavyweight Champion.

That said, Savage is the best big man wrestler in history. Bar none. He can always work a good match with a big wrestler, and is a multi time World Heavyweight Champion. I've always found him overrated, and found he was not that good without Hogan. Still, he was one of the WWE's most decorated wrestlers, and a fantastic champion when given the chance. His promos.... Eh... I never liked them. But his intensity and passion should be accredited for, and thus, I'll give him the win over Kane. It's closer than most people think, but I'll go with Savage to win. Still, I'll vote for Savage, to make it closer

Kane's not going to be anything but a cup of coffee, YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!

But seriously, Savage is an excellent wrestler and has beaten bigger, stronger, and much more talented wrestlers than Enak the Techno Viking. Kane loses to X-Pac at what was supposed to be his peak. That alone should be grounds for Kane to be blown out of this match up.

Savage is a better all around wrestler and picks up an easy win. DIG IT?!

I've seen some excellent, and very entertaining matches from Savage, most notably his match with Ricky Steamboat at Mania 3, the retirement match with Warrior, and his match with Hogan at Mania 5. However, I'll admit that the Savage train had long left the station by the time I started consistently watching the product in 1997. Kane was an instant favorite of mine from the beginning; as I'd go well out of my way not to miss any of the shows, just to see him fight. Even today, though Kane's credibility and image have decreased, I still find myself going out of my way to watch his matches.

I'm voting Kane here; I've found his matches and storylines far more entertaining than Savage's; and as a consumer, have been entertained by the latter far more than the former.

Kane is a wrestler that you could send out there and squeeze watchable matches out of anyone. His feud with the Great Khali and the like featured Kane as the main attraction carrying their arses. However, the man has hardly been able to keep up at the top. He won a world title in a ridiculous match stipulation and lost it the next night! He won the next "world title" via sneak attack on someone 1/2 the size of him.

Randy Savage was a name everybody knew, and many fans of today still remember him. His world title reigns, though only two, were pretty lengthy... something more than we can say for Kane. If Savage can step up to the plate when it counts, theres a good chance that he'll take Kane down, a jobber for the stars.

Oh Yeah.

Macho Madness here. As dominant as Kane was, and you can take any time period you want, from 1997 to 2010, he has never truly matched the greatness of Savage as a worker, in terms of opponents beaten, abilities in the ring or match quality. I challenge you to think of a really great Kane match. Pretty hard isn't it? There are a bucket load of Savage classics, but Kane is simply solid. Dominant, for sure, but solid. That's what gets Savage my vote, the fact that he was more than solid, he was excellent.

Im going to have to say savage here because his body of work is that much greater than kanes kane has been a jobber for close to 10 years now ever since he removed his mask the only reaon hes even in the tourney is because of the early parts of his career were as savage was on the top from beginning to end during his career

I figured I would be seeing the grossly overrated Savage giving Kane a shellacking here, fair enough.

What exactly did he ever win? One big match? Ever? Was he ever the forefront of the company? Fun, super choreographed matches, sure, you bet.

Kane, at one point, was about as dominant as anyone has ever been. Lack of titles, sure, but he was an absolute fucking unstoppable juggernaught when he first came onto the scene.

Kayfabe, I give it to Kane, Savage may have the slight edge in contribution, but its by much less than people are likely trying to put over, here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back