First Round: Lexington - Chris Benoit vs. Desmond Wolfe

Discussion in 'The Tokyo Region' started by klunderbunker, Apr 19, 2010.

?

Who Wins This Matchup?

1. Chris Benoit

2. Desmond Wolfe

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

[​IMG]

Chris Benoit

[​IMG]

Vs.

Desmond Wolfe

[​IMG]

Voting is open for 4 days.

2. a0161613

a0161613 WZCW's Mr Excitement

McGuinness is great but he would do what he has done very well in TNA - and that's lose. Benoit was awesome and would be an instant HoFer if that night hadn't happened.

3. INDYjon22

INDYjon22 Nome is where your heart is

Desmond Wolfe is good but Chris Benoit was great. Anything and everything Wolfe can do, Benoit can do it much, much better. Benoit would out wrestler Wolfe until he was worn down and then finish him off with the crossface. The winner here is Chris Benoit.

4. Ferbian

Ferbian Has Returned.

Chris Benoit by a LONG shot, he could easily outwrestle, outperform and make Desmond tap pretty fast I bet.

Chris Benoit is by a long shot superior to Desmond, both title wise, wrestling ability, experience, all around I have a very hard time seeing Wolfe winning this one.

5. Mr. Truth

Mr. Truth Real American Hero

I've let it be known that Benoit is one of "my boys" for this year's tournament. Negate the fact that he was a horrible member of society and you've got one of the best guys in the business. Desmond Wolfe has shown me that all he's good at in the Big Leagues is making the Elijah Burke look like the greatest ever.

6. CH David

CH David A Jock That Loves Pepsi

Benoit all day baby. Wolfe is good, but Benoit would wear him the hell out. Benoit knew where to attack, was conditioned to go for long periods of time, and was vicious. Wolfe can wrestle, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he is as rabid as the Wolverine. Wolfe taps to the Crossface.

7. Blade

Blade "Original Blade"

Can you say classic?

Two superb technical wrestlers who would go at it for an hour, no problem. Both men are versatile, intelligent and have a good array of counters and reversals.

Benoit made it to the top of the biggest wrestling company in the world at Wrestlemania 20 and held the title for about 6 months, so one's immediate reaction would be to vote for him.

But if we're talking about in a match who would win... Well, here's an interesting point. Whenever a wrestler who was destined for greatness but had limited experience came into the WWE, Benoit had trouble with him. Benoit lost to Angle at Mania X7 and again at the 2003 Rumble. And he lost to Orton at Summerslam 2004. And I'm pretty sure he lost to Lesnar some time in 2003, too. Like I said, wrestlers who are destined for greatness but have far less pro experience than Benoit went over him. Now you could argue whether or not Desmond Wolfe is destined for greatness like Angle, Lesnar and Orton were in their early years, but it's still something interesting to think about.

At the moment, leaning towards Benoit. And to be honest, I don't think there'll be many who argue for Wolfe.

8. Baller

Baller WZCW Veteran

Chris Benoit wins here. He is one of the best technical wrestlers of all time, and Desmond Wolfe is a very good wrestler but he is just starting his career in a big promotion and can not handle Benoit.

9. Scotty

Scotty I have a PHD in Horribleness

Wolfe is good. Damn good.

Having said that I believe that if this was Benoit vs McGuinness then it would be closer, but Benoit is better then Wolfe. Plain and simple. He is a better technical wrestler and a better power wrestler. It takes a lot longer to hit the Tower of London then the Crippler Crossface that comes out of no where.

10. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

I think listing him as "Desmond Wolfe" is what makes a major difference here. As Nigel McGuinness, he's well-liked and good, but as Wolfe he's really a jobber. When was the last time he won a match?

Benoit is a highly controversial figure, but he's still known as a technical master and has won world championships and was involved in great matches and high-profile feuds. He could make Wolfe submit quite easily here.

11. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

Wolfe, McGuinnes, it doesn't matter, he's good, I'll go as far as to say he could be great one day but Benoit was amazing. Benoit made Angle tap. Benoit made The Rock tap. Benoit made Triple H tap. Benoit made Brock Lesnar tap. Benoit made Shawn Michaels tap and the list goes on. A great match no doubt but Benoit would win all day long.

12. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

You could list Chris Benoit as the Pegasus Kid, and Nigel McGuinness as himself, and Chris Benoit would still win in a walk. I'm not going to bash Nigel, I happen to think his ROH stuff was okay to good, but he's completely outclassed here.

Take Benoit in Japan, WCW, ECW, or the WWF/E, and his worst match is probably better then anything Nigel has provided. It's not a knock on McGuinness, he's just completely over matched here. Would it be a good match, hell yes, but Benoit wins.

13. GenMe

GenMe GenMe

Chris Benoit wins this match by a mile. Not to say that WOlfe is not good, He's good don't get me wrong, But Benoit was one of the best technical wrestler in the wrestling business. So my vote here goes to the Rabbit Walverine.

14. TLC

TLC Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

If this match were to happen in real life I'm sure it would be a classic. Both wrestlers are great technical wrestlers whom know a lot of ways to hurt their opponent but I don't think Wolfe has proven himself yet. Benoit has beat some of the greatest competition in the world in numberous companies whilst Wolfe in TNA has only a hand ful of matches. Wolfe will do what he has been doing for a while and this is lose.

15. Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra

Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra Kinda Sorta Old School

Benoit wins this match by way of the Crossface, You don't have to like him but when he wrestled you had to respect him. Wolfe is a jobber and this match won't change that, he jobs to Benoit in this one.

16. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

It's pretty unanimous it seems that Benoit should be the winner.

McGuinniess/Wolfe has some impressive stuff, but we're talking about Chris Benoit, you're going to need a lot more than some cool moves to beat him. Fact is, Benoit has beaten guys that McGuinness is lights years away from defeating. Also, McGuinness's affinity for using the lariat works in favor for Benoit, because you know that's the kind of shit he loves to counter into a crippler crossface.

Vote logically, vote Benoit.

17. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Truly not a Chris Benoit fan, and it has nothing to with him killing anybody, just never got his overall performance at all. That being said, the man was clearly capable of some of the best matches of his epoch, and more to the point he took the scalps of a lot of huge names. McGuinness had a good run in ROH, and is on the right track in TNA, but he's not in the world champion category that Benoit finds himself in.

18. Benoit is just ridiculous in the ring he would sell the shit out of wolfes moves and make his comeback although i see this one ending with a diving headbutt and not a crossface

19. Hulkamaniac

Hulkamaniac Vote Hogan, Savage, Rocky and Thesz

Sorry, I just can't bring myself to vote for Benoit in anything. Ever. I wasn't a fan of his before he brutally murdered his wife and son. I don't think Wolfe is any great shakes either, but i'll be voting against Benoit in every round he makes it to. People who do what he did don't deserve ANY type of honor.

20. Theo Mays

Theo Mays Part Time Poster

This would be a technical duel and a great one at that. However there is no way Benoit loses this match. Benoit could make a nice little run in this shindig and his first victim is Ruffy. Onto round 2 goes Benoit.

21. Sharp_Shooter

Sharp_Shooter Dark Match Winner

My feelings exactly. I imagine this match to be a 12 minute chain match. Dudes going back & forth with reversals, a la Benoit/Malenko. But the chain wrestler would end as a brawl with Wolfe going for his lariat, while Benoit ducks it and hits him with 3 suplexes and a crossface.

I've always been a big Benoit fan, but Hulkamaniac's comments do ring alarms in my head. But I'll keep what's out of the ring out of it and give the Crippler the submission victory.

22. ZeroVX

ZeroVX 2-Time WZCW Mayhem Champion

This isn't a "who's a better person" contest. It's a wrestling tournament. You shouldn't let outside circumstances affect your vote.

Having said that, sweet Jesus, this is a tough one. In terms of appearances, both guys look like cold-hearted badasses. Both guys are also very underrated in terms of promos as well. So it comes down to wrestling ability. Make no mistake, both guys are incredible in terms of in-ring skills. They've both held the top titles in their respective companies (WWE and ROH). They've earned immense amounts of respect from people all over the world, purely due to their abilities. I'm willing to bet that in a few years, Wolfe could easily be the world champion in one of the big two companies, but I think his status in TNA right now hurts him a bit. So, it's very, VERY close for me, but Benoit wins it here.

23. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

Wolfe has pretty much became a jobber in TNA while Benoit was a World Champion in the two biggest promotions at the time in WCW and WWE. He was also a huge part of the rejuvinated Stampede Wrestling, was a massive part of the Super J Cup the year he won, beating Eddie Guerrero in it as well.

For those who are voting against what Benoit did in his final days, I advise against it. It isn't the point of this tournament.

24. Muffin Top Merkley

Muffin Top Merkley Be a man!

This match would be a solid, back and forth, technically sound dream match with excellent mat based wrestling, stiff looking shots and numerous counters. McGuiness/Wolfe, would look good in this match because Chris Benoit made him look good.

Everything Wolfe brings to the table, Benoit brings more.

25. Mr. Truth

Mr. Truth Real American Hero

I've made it be known that I don't like HBK, but I'm going to need a reason to vote against him in every match he's in. Just because you don't like a guy doesn't mean you should vote against him. This tournament isn't a "Who is was a good human being and a contributing member of society" contest. It's a wrestling contest.