• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Final Resolution: The Feast or Fired Match.

morrisonfan

Dark Match Winner
At the event, we will see the return of the "Feast Or Fired" competition, where 14 TNA Superstars will battle to get shots at the TNA championships! However, one unlucky superstar will also be FIRED! The names set to compete are as follows: The Motor City Machineguns, The Latin American Xchange, Rock N' Rave Infection, "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt, "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams, BG James, Consequences Creed, Curry Man, Cute Kip and Shark Boy!

This is my first topic thread, so I thought I'd start off with something simple. This is the second ever feast or fired match. It could be okay with some spots, but it will be too crowded. But looking at the participants, it looks like someone could get a big push with whoever has the world title case, although it could be a shot used at a wrong time or be something like Sting vs Lethal a couple of weeks ago.

I'm saying that in this match, BG James will be the one to get the pink slip and be fired, it makes sense and is the most obvious choice, the only other I can see is Curry Man getting it to be Christopher Daniels again.

Now the title shot cases could be anyone, maybe Sonjay will recieve a push getting an X Division Title shot, which I would like to see. I see maybe either Homicide or Hernandez getting the tag title shot case in a result to break up or go back to the tag titles, or maybe they'll push Rock N Rave or something. And the world title one I see going to someone like either Lethal or Petey.

Your thoughts on this match?

Well the first one was that good, may as well make it annual. A poor mans Money In The Bank title shot. It lessens the impact when you know none of the wrestlers are going to win the world title, and there are 3 title shots, or 4 this year because of the Legends title.

One of the wrestlers involved wins the world title shot, yet they'll never get the title. At least with the MITB you genuinely think the winner will get a title run. But with this you're not even sure if they'll get a run with the tag titles.

Talking of the tag titles, a tag wrestler will win, then pick somebody different to his usual partner, just like last year.

In a way I like the concept of the match but in a way I don't. I like that a lower guy is going to get a world title shot. Of course they want actually win it, but it could give the guy some experience and fan support to have a title match(sort of like Kaz). I also liked the whole "firing" stipulation. I can see Lethal, Petey or maybe a member of LAX/MCMG winning the world title shot, thus breaking the team up. This will also be a good time to get rid of the Curryman gimmick if they did indeed want Daniels to return to be in the mainevent feud. We'll probably see some good matches and it should be sort of exciting. Kute Kip, BJ James, Sharkboy and Jimmy Rave are also guys who could get fired.

It's a weird concept of a match but one that doesn't surprise me with TNA. Yes, no-one's really going to actually win the TNA belt out of that crowd involved, but at least it'll be someone different. It's a bit of a chaotic match where no-one can tell what's actually happening. To be honest, I can see Curry Man being fired and coming back as Christopher Daniels just to keep things unique

I think its an intresting concept but certainly a rip-off from the WWE match Money In The Bank. I can't really see any of the guys involved winning a championship whoever they face if they win in this match. It seems this is just another match to fill the card up and make it look presentable.I have a feeling this will be way to many wrestlers in one ring so i'd expect we'll see plentyof spots with ladders or any type of weapon. Hopefully its a decent match but i'm not getting my hopes up. Most TNA PPV matches this year have been awful. The only guy i can see benifiting from this match would be Sonjay Dutt, maybe he could go after a title if he wins in this match.

There's a variety of options here. Let's discuss the world title shot, first off.

I don't see anyone in the field actually winning the title, especially given the weak field. I think the winner of the world title case may well just pass it off to Styles in a match, but in this field it seems like Lethal could be the one to hold it. It seems like TNA wants to push Lethal, and I could see this happening. Even a PPV match against Sting (or, potentially, Styles) could help him a lot, although he will probably lose. There's really no one in this field I can see actually winning the title, but Lethal is my pick to at least get the case.

The tag title shot can go one of two ways, either the obvious one member of the tag team grabs the case and uses it, or some singles wrestler picks a random partner. I feel like the Guns are getting pushed, so it seems like one of them is a good choice. Of course, it also seems like Shelley is bordering on a heel turn, so maybe he'll win and pull the same "new partner" deal. I don't know who, but picking a good singles heel could be worth it. Sabin could always go back to being an X-division contender. Alternatively, the same situation could happen to LAX, given the mutterings that they want to break them up. But then, I have no idea who Homicide or Hernandez would pick as a new partner.

X-Division Title shot, who knows or cares. I guess Creed would work, to reignite the thing with Bashir, or Petey Williams, who also has the connection from losing the title to Bashir. I think Shark Boy is also a thought, as he's been off TV for a while. He may have a ******ed gimmick, but it would be fresh blood in the X-Division scene. But the truth is, he's probably just there to job. I pick Creed or Williams.

The fired has a likely choice and an unlikely choice. The unlikely choice is Curry Man, which is what I'm hoping for. Surely TNA has realized Curry Man is idiotic, and that Christopher Daniels is far, far superior? One of TNA's greatest talents, in fact? And that putting him in his comedic Japanese gimmick in TNA will never work? So, hopefully, Curry gets fired and returns as Daniels. But the likely choice? Gee, maybe the guy who hasn't been on TV for months, has been talking about retirement, and gets thrown in a match where somebody gets fired. BG James, of course, and the likely contender to be fired, so he can retire.

i did like this last year and its good their bringing it back i think curry man is gonna get the fired briefcase to bring back daniels so it would be a reverse of last year i can see a tna orignal getting the world shot maybe it could be lethal but loses it to a main eventer x divison will be a main eventer to show it can be anyone who can get the breifcases but gets swapped some way i think it would be cool to put the legends belt

Well this will be the very first 'Feast or Fired' match that I've ever witnessed before. I really don't know what to expect but from what I can tell, I'm assuming that there will be more than 1 winner of the match so a tag team can get a shot at the World Tag Team Championships, an X Division wrestler can challenge for the X Division title, and maybe somebody like Jay Lethal or Eric Young can challenge for the TNA Heavyweight Title.

I except Suicide to make his "debut" here as it would make perfect sense. I can see either BG James or Shark Boy being hopefully fired from TNA. Or as mentioned before, Curry Man could lose the match to become 'fired' so he can return as Christopher Daniels again. So I guess this should be a decent 10 minute match full of absolute chaos. I expect Petey Williams to win the X Division title shot, LAX for the Tag Team title challenge and I'm predicting that either Jay Lethal, Eric Young or even Alex Shelley to win the World Title shot.

With the way Shelley has been booked as of late, I seriously wont be surprised if he wins the big one in all honesty. He won't win the title though. But I'd be interested in a Sting vs Alex Shelley match. The match concept does sound unsurprisingly confusing though.

This match is a prime example of TNA trying to come up wtih a gimmick match that means something but in the ends boils down to nothign at all. I mean does anyone think that anything but maybe the X-Division Title is going to even come close to changing hands. The World Title is completely safe and the only thing that is interesting at all in this is the fired aspect, which is all it should be. Drop the title matches aspect and make it simply the get a paycheck or fired match. It eliminates the pointless part of this and makes things a bit more believable. Match should be a classic TNA clusterfuck that adds up to nothing at all and ends with BG getting to retire and hopefully moving to the announcer's booth.

It's another example of TNA trying to be WWE. This is their Money In The Bank. The problem is that like Klunderbunker said, the world title is safe. At least the Mania MITB matches have several wrestlers who you could see winning the title. That's just not the case as anybody who's even close to a title shot is in an important match.

The concept is dumb and it makes the wrestlers look the same. Would they really risk losing their job so they could get a shot at an unimportant title?

So this match is done. For the match itself, it's not like anyone was expecting anything outside of a spotfest, and that's what it was. A few interesting spots, nothing spectacular, and I will say that Lethal's case grab was pretty amusing.

We've got Lethal with the tag title shot case, and it looks like he's going with Creed, as he was posing with Creed and Creed was doing the whole "This is where I'll put my belt" gesture. So I take it they'll have it, and given that it feels to be about time for TNA to have a new tag team and new champions, why not Creed and Lethal. I like them both, I enjoy their work, I enjoy their gimmicks, rip offs they may be, and have always felt they'd do well as a team. I see no reason not to work them out as the new face tag team, especially since it looks like we're headed for the last days of LAX.

So as we speak of LAX, we've got Homicide and Hernandez with a case each. Certainly one of these is the X-Division title shot, and the other is probably the world title shot, but I'm reasonably sure the world title shot case is changing hands. I can see Hernandez getting the X Division title shot and potentially winning it, but then with this whole tournament business happening for that title, I wonder about whether he has any kind of chance. He could pull out a decent match with the top contenders, at any rate.

The world title shot case will likely move, though I can't say to whom. Styles seems to be a contender as it looks like they're teasing him as champ. I could see Styles vs Homicide, Styles gets the case, open it up, emotional moment, etc., etc. I honestly couldn't pick someone besides Styles to win it and make something of it. Any other winner will just result in a hopefully entertaining match.

The fired case is, in my estimation, in Curry Man's case and because I am a giant mark, I wholeheartedly believe he will be fired and return in glory as the Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels.

Alternatively, Homicide might have the fired case and wind up passing it off to someone else who gets fired, a la Low Ki to Daniels last year, and Curry Man will have the world title case, win the title, and then unmask as Daniels. I can't see any way this situation ends with Daniels' return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back