• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Final Resolution: Knockouts Title - ODB (c) v. Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
As a result of winning the Battle Royal on Impact, Tara receives the title shot at Final Resolution.

Tara and ODB have worked decent matches in the past, but I believe this is their first one-on-one. With ODB's momentum leveling off, I think Tara will pull off the victory, and go into 2010 with the belt.

I'm not expecting a technical masterpiece, but this could be decent 4 or 5 minute filler...

My big hope is that Tara will take the KO Title from ODB, which then opens the door to Kong taking it back early in the new year.

As for Tara getting the shot at Final Resolution, there's nobody in the division who deserves a title shot more at this point. Tara has been a dominant force in the Knockouts Division since early summer, and having just gone over Kong recently, she's definitely deserving of the shot.

ODB's popularity seems to have run its course. She's become all that she's likely to ever be, so short of doing something new and interesting to breathe added life back into her, she's pretty much plateaued. Meanwhile, Tara's popularity seems fairly high and she's put on some great matches of late.

This one should be a pretty decent match -- somewhere in the 5-6 minute range -- with Tara pulling out a clean win, I'd think. The only way I imagine the title not switching is if Kong does a run-in, beating both women down in a continuation of her monster heel rampage.

Tara is probably the best female wrestler going for about the past decade, so, yeah, definitely should get another title run here. I would love at some point down the future to see her also join up with Daffney as a "Scary girl" tag team and win the KOTT titles.

Also, I think Hamada should be next in line for a push, maybe a feud with her and Kong for number one contendership.

I think ODB should win the match. I don't think Tara should win the title against ODB in her first 1 on 1 title shot against her. I think Tara should have 2-3 more tries against ODB. Maybe this feud can help ODB as well because both Tara and ODB are faces, so maybe through this feud, they can turn ODB's character heel and help rejuvenate her a bit from all the juvenile nonsense her character does.

I'm hoping as well Tara takes the Knockout title. Not saying that Odb is bad champ because she is decent. But I think it would be the right call for Tara to pick up the title up here and push on the momentum she got when she beat Awesome Kong in the Six Sides of steel.

Maybe this feud can help ODB as well because both Tara and ODB are faces, so maybe through this feud, they can turn ODB's character heel and help rejuvenate her a bit from all the juvenile nonsense her character does.

I'm thinking they already started turning ODB heel with that segment she did with Homicide. Considering her feud with the Beautiful People, I doubt she'll ever be a full-fledged heel, but a match with 2 tweeners would be interesting.

As far as it being their first 1-on-1, I don't think it'll matter too much. They've been in the ring together enough for people to forget that fact, and just want a clean win. Their work together at Bound For Glory was good, so I'm expecting more of the same here.

Tara has a lot of momentum going her way after beating the best Knockouts wrestler in the division Awesome Kong which not many have done in since the inception of the Knockouts division. That was also one of Kongs best matches in TNA which will probably sway management to give Tara the belt.

that was probably Taras best match in TNA so far and with ODB having a comedic charachter which is becoming stale and repugnant i'd expect Tara to pick up the win and grab her second Knockouts championship and go onto feud with Kong or ODB heading into the new year.

I'm not really too excited about this match and I'm expecting about 5 minutes of filler primarily. Tara has a lot of momentum going for her and is among the best overall female workers in TNA right now.

The novelty of ODB has long since worn off for me and I'm hoping that TNA has started the transition of ODB into a heel character. The comedic aspect of her character is tired, stale and redundant for me and I'd like to see her character taken in another direction if possible.

Well, that was interesting.

ODB finally made the leap to be a full heel, and Tara got teary-eyed shooting on the WWE. I like to see the emotion added into the feud, and that tells me it ain't over after this match. Tara should get the win, and have ODB keep after the title.

They're building up a decent story here, with Tara being a former Diva, and ODB being an original Knockout...

I'm a big fan of Tara's so I'm excited for this match up, ODB made it pretty interesting with her interview thingy, its a decent story to be honest with the Knockout annoyed at the diva coming in and trying to steal there spotlight kind of thing. I think Tara should win here as she's been on a pretty decent roll as of late and will be fitting for her too win plus I dont find ODB to be that good of a champ.

I thought Tara wanted to concentrate on MMA and TNA was just a side project sort of thing.

Anyway it could go either way, Tara showing she can be a Knockout by winning the belt or ODB showing her dominance in beating someone who thought they could come into TNA and take her belt

I was thinking this could be decent filler, but after tonight, I'm really worried about what could happen. Obviously the feud gets some more build to it, but having them in a drunken brawl really doesn't show the best of either of them.

This could be what we expected (decent filler), or it could be trash...

:lmao: Tara has a "black" eye, and ODB lost...This has "must see" written all over it. I'm still into seeing this match, as I'm sure we'll get a decent fight out of it, but I'm not thinking it will live up to title fight standards, no matter what belt it is.

Tara should really get the win here, because saddling her with another loss sets her too far back to be considered a threat for another shot. ODB has held the belt long enough, and would be much better as a "chaser", trying to boot the "Diva" out of the Knockout Division.

This should be an alright match, but I don't think it will be as good as the match they had on Impact recently. That will be hard to live up to, but we will see. ODB will probably win because it will solidify her heel turn if she prevents Tara from getting another title win and keeping "the diva", as she called Tara, away from the Knockout Championship. Not sure who either of them will feud with next, but I expect their feud to end after this match with ODB winning.

DAGGER DIAS PREDICTION
ODB will retain the Knockout Championship.

This was a solid match, even if teh fans couldn't let you know. It went from Point A to Point B, and left out all the flashiness that would have ruined it. Tara winning was a great move, and leaves the feud with something to go once the new year hits.

This could also make that New Year's Eve show interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back