• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Final Resolution: Feast Or Fired Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
MODERATOR'S COMMENTS said:
SAMOA JOE v. ROB TERRY v. ROBERT ROODE v. KIYOSHI v. JAMES STORM v. HOMICIDE v. SHEIK ABDUL BASHIR v. ERIC YOUNG

World Title Shot – Matt Morgan
--
IMO, his program with the ECW Old Guard should be over soon (seeing as it doesn't really have all that much steam as it is), and his best of three with A.J. Styles from a few weeks/months ago was one of the best carry-over segments on iMPACT! in some time now. I've always been a huge fan of pure-wrestling "best of" rivalries, like the one between Benoit & Booker T, and to me, this would in essence be a continuation of that, as well as a major push for Morgan whether he wins the title or not.

X-Division Title Shot – D'Angelo Dinero
--
His Pope gimmick is over with the TNA fans, and especially with the live crowd – there's usually at least one "Pope Is Pimpin" chant for each of his matches – so I see no reason why TNA doesn't continue the push he's gotten as a face by awarding him the X-Division title shot. I'm not sure how much longer Red will carry the title, but even if he drops it between now and whenever Dinero cashes in, I still like the idea of giving Dinero the prop push more than anyone else in the X-Division right now.

Tag Title Shot(s) – Motor City Machine Guns
--
Come on, has anyone cut their teeth more than these guys have? They absolutely deserve a legitimate run at the titles; not the bullshit they had to job to from Turning Point. I just don't understand why management continues to bury them they way they do. The crowd is way over for them, and before the match even took place at Turning Point, they were chanting "Motor City", yet Beer Money, Inc. and The British Invasion continue to dominate? They won a number one contenders match on iMPACT! prior to Turning Point, and for no reason other than to get Beer Money, Inc. back into the title picture, they made the title match a three-way and left MCMG out to dry for the last 5/10 minutes of the match. Enough. Give them their break.

Fired – Suicide or Big Rob Terry
--
You all know how I feel about the Suicide character – who's been buried in recent weeks entirely, might I add – so there's just no point in explaining why I feel he should be the one to be fired, but just so I don't walk the spamming line, I'll say the reason why is becuase it would give Frankzy Kazarian a springboard back to relevance (perhaps). Somehow, fire Suicide, and have Suicide unmask himself to be Kaz, and come back under a "technicality" that "Suicide" is the character who was fired, not Kaz. Something like that.

Otherwise, I say Rob Terry for obvious reasons. There's clear cut dissension in the ranks of the British Invasion, and Terry has been made to be a scapegoat twice now in as many weeks. His ring work is as weak as it can get, and he just has no purpose. A total warm body. This gives him the perfect opportunity to get shit-canned without dropping off the radar entirely.

Thoughts?

World Title Shot – Matt Morgan
--
IMO, his program with the ECW Old Guard should be over soon (seeing as it doesn't really have all that much steam as it is), and his best of three with A.J. Styles from a few weeks/months ago was one of the best carry-over segments on iMPACT! in some time now. I've always been a huge fan of pure-wrestling "best of" rivalries, like the one between Benoit & Booker T, and to me, this would in essence be a continuation of that, as well as a major push for Morgan whether he wins the title or not.

On the surface, Morgan looks like he'd be the most likely choice. However, I can't help but wonder if TNA is going to do with him what they've done at various times with A.J. Styles. In the past, there are times that TNA have pushed Styles only to seemingly drop it all of a sudden, then build it back up within a few months. A few months ago, Matt Morgan was wrestling at a TNA ppv main event for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Last month, he was wrestling in a ppv against Kurt Angle and, while not in the main event, still on the fringe of the main event/world title scene. And last night, he was firmly back in the lower mid-card scene wrestling in a six-man tag match in which he was on the losing team.

X-Division Title Shot – D'Angelo Dinero
--
His Pope gimmick is over with the TNA fans, and especially with the live crowd – there's usually at least one "Pope Is Pimpin" chant for each of his matches – so I see no reason why TNA doesn't continue the push he's gotten as a face by awarding him the X-Division title shot. I'm not sure how much longer Red will carry the title, but even if he drops it between now and whenever Dinero cashes in, I still like the idea of giving Dinero the prop push more than anyone else in the X-Division right now.

I can see Pope with the title shot. Amazing Red, while he can do some great things in the ring, is a spotmonkey with no charisma and the rest of his offense seems pretty weak to me. Pope is pretty well over with the TNA fans and does have some charisma about him, and he's not bad in the ring.

Tag Title Shot(s) – Motor City Machine Guns
--
Come on, has anyone cut their teeth more than these guys have? They absolutely deserve a legitimate run at the titles; not the bullshit they had to job to from Turning Point. I just don't understand why management continues to bury them they way they do. The crowd is way over for them, and before the match even took place at Turning Point, they were chanting "Motor City", yet Beer Money, Inc. and The British Invasion continue to dominate? They won a number one contenders match on iMPACT! prior to Turning Point, and for no reason other than to get Beer Money, Inc. back into the title picture, they made the title match a three-way and left MCMG out to dry for the last 5/10 minutes of the match. Enough. Give them their break.

I wouldn't mind seeing them get a legitimate shot or run with the titles. In my opinion, TNA has used the Guns atrociously over most of this year and I'd like to see it changed. The triple threat match last night was a perfect example of a match that could have been great and made legitimate contenders out of the Guns but was typically overbooked and the focus was shifted from the match in and of itself to Kevin Nash's involvement.

Fired – Suicide or Big Rob Terry
--
You all know how I feel about the Suicide character – who's been buried in recent weeks entirely, might I add – so there's just no point in explaining why I feel he should be the one to be fired, but just so I don't walk the spamming line, I'll say the reason why is becuase it would give Frankzy Kazarian a springboard back to relevance (perhaps). Somehow, fire Suicide, and have Suicide unmask himself to be Kaz, and come back under a "technicality" that "Suicide" is the character who was fired, not Kaz. Something like that.

Otherwise, I say Rob Terry for obvious reasons. There's clear cut dissension in the ranks of the British Invasion, and Terry has been made to be a scapegoat twice now in as many weeks. His ring work is as weak as it can get, and he just has no purpose. A total warm body. This gives him the perfect opportunity to get shit-canned without dropping off the radar entirely.

Thoughts?

I've never been a fan of the Suicide character. The character was initially used to help promote the TNA video game, the game flopped but the character is still around. As far as Kaz himself, he's said to be quite unhappy with TNA but that's not really saying much since he always seems to have something to complain about. As far as Rob Terry goes, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see him gone. He's the male equivalent of Lacey Von Erich really. He has a great look for a male wrestler, but his in-ring ability is completely weak.

World Title Shot: I wouldn't say morgan only because It appears that A.J. Is gonna hold on to the belt for a good amount of time, and morgan just turned face a couple months ago. But thats just me. I really think it should be Tomko. Because as far as I can tell, the masked attacker angle is about ready to explode. and giving him that title shot after just coming back would give him major heat in the crowd cuz no one would think he deserves it. And actually, he really doesn't. But with Russo writing, who knows what stupid shit they'll do?

X Division Title shot: Im not gonna say D'angelo cuz I'm still holding out hope that he will turn heel again real quick. I really think it should be Desmond Wolfe. Cuz like it or not, even if he's in a tag match against Angle thursday, he was sort of buried last night. He should have won that match if they wanted us to think he and Angle can keep their feud going. So he needs to be lifted up some other way, might as well have him beat up a cruiserweight or 2.

Tag Title Shot: We all know It should be MCMG. But we know they'll just be buried AGAIN. So why even entertain the possibility? Give it to Hernandez and Morgan. Cuz their feud with 3D is already stale. Might as well spice it up and give them a title match out of it. That is, If that briefcase applies to the IWGP titles.

FIRED: You know what? I'll just stick with Kaz here. He needs to go back to being Frankie. Plain and simple.

In all honestly i think that this concept is old and overused.I like the fact that it sets up new rivalries but the fact that someone is going to get "fired" either leaving the company or their gimmick getting repackaged is just lame.I really like the Suicide character although previously stated that it was pretty much made to promote a video game,but i think that he needs to be "fired" because he is very upset with the company.As they say if its not broke don't fix it so bring back Kaz.

world title shot-Matt morgan for sure he is possibly the future of the business and is in need of a 1 on 1 title match
tag belts-either mcmg or lethal consequences and they can fued with each other for them as they put on great matches together
x division-D'angelo or 1 of mcmg to win this 1 they put the best shows on
fired-suicide or id like to see rhino or jesse neal going if it is rhino they could have him return after a while and screw team 3d and turn back face.
maybe they might add a briefcase for the legends championship and have mick foley or abyss make a surprise addition to the match

World Title- Daniels

Reason- He is just as good if not better then AJ, that triple threat match at Turning Point was amazing and he was a big reason why.

X-Division- Awesome Kong

Reason- I know this is a long shot, but TNA has been copying WWE since day one, and we all know Chyna held the IC title in WWE, so y cant Awesome Kong go out there squash all the little X-Division guys like Amazing Red????

Tag Team Titles: Motorcity Machine Guns

Reason: Cause are the best tag team TNA has and its a shame that dont already have these belts.

Fired- Kip James or That dude that won a date with ODB

Reason- Kip only exsists for TNA web matches now, and a part of me is selfish and want the WWE to bring him in and put him with DX...BRING BACK THE ASS MAN!!! And i think the guys name is Cody Deaner or something like that but my god is he awful you mine as well have Mae Young in there wrestling, cause she would put on a better match then that guy

World Title Shot-I'm going to also have to say Matt Morgan. I hope TNA will put him in a one on one match up if and when he cashes it in, and not do something like they did with Hernandez. I hope AJ will hold onto the belt a little longer, so that we can see him and Morgan go at it again. Both of these guys are the future of TNA, and would be great to see them showcased. Besides, they managed to put on series of pretty good matches a while back on IMPACT.

X Division Title Shot- Going to have to go with Desmond Wolfe. It would be a great way for him to make a splash in TNA. Seeing as he didn't beat Angle last night.

Tag Title Shot- Beer Money is going to have to be my pick for this one. I love Roode and Storm as a tag team, and the crowd is way over for them. I know most people will say The Guns,but Beer Money just has that swagger and presence that the guns don't have.

Fired- Rob Terry Or Kip James. I think Big Rob would be least likely to get the boot seeing as he's the muscle of the British Invasion, and he does have the "look", but seriously this guy's awful in the ring, and has no charisma. It seems to me that TNA is just keeping Kip James around because he's a veteran. Other than that, I don't really see the point of him being in TNA.

World Title Shot:

It should go to either Morgan or Hernandez. However, I think it’s very doubtful they’ll go with Hernandez. It looked as if he was going to be catapulted into the main event but then nothing happened. Hopefully he’ll get his chance in the future but right now the best choice is to give Morgan the briefcase. Over the last several weeks, I’ve noticed more improvement from him. His promos are better and he is still a solid wrestler. If they do give him the briefcase then hopefully they won’t do what they did to Hernandez to him.

X-Division Shot:

It would be pretty cool if they re-signed someone like Petey Williams or Sonjay Dutt and have them win this match. But I think that too is doubtful. So I guess they’ll probably go with Jay Lethal since they seem to be doing something with him right now. If only they could remove the “Macho Man” gimmick from him then I would probably enjoy watching him wrestle more.

Tag-Title Shot:

PLEASE TNA, give the MCMG the briefcases and let them run with the ball. They are a great tag team that has been misused for a long time now by TNA. They always deliver in their matches and are always entertaining. I see nothing wrong with them but I wonder why TNA obviously sees the opposite of me. I hope they get their chance to run with the ball sooner rather than later.

Fired:

There are plenty of guys they could fire. But in reality, they would probably say they fired them and repackage them with another gimmick. Anyways, I have a feeling that it’s going to be Suicide that gets fired if he’s participating in this match. There have been recent reports that Kaz is unhappy and went as far as asking for his release until AJ and Daniels talked him out of it. So maybe TNA will remove the silly mask and try to please him so that he would stay. Kaz is a solid wrestler who I thought a couple of months ago would be main eventing right now. This is probably the most intriguing briefcase even if they won’t actually fire anyone.

World Title:
I'm probably the only one who's mentioned it, Eric Young. He can just come down and swipe one and leave with it. Let's face it, right now TNA only has Samoa Joe as a credible main event heel (boy how times change). Eventually they are gonna run out of stories to keep him battling Styles for the belt. Eric is gaining heat by the week and has a hell load of backup, so why not have him use the briefcase to feud with AJ in the future?

X Division:
I would say Suicide. He needs relevance pronto. Changing him back to just Kaz would only make things worst and remove the one thing that has made him charismatic. Maybe feud against Homicide, after all, he was the one who dethroned him in the first place.

Tag Team:
The Guns should already be above this but they aren't. Damn. But my pick would be Hernandez and Morgan. They are working pretty well together and I think they could use something to occupy them while the main event becomes less crowded.

Global:
Don't forget about this belt. They might add it. I would pick The Pope. He's getting popular in a hurry, he would make a great face champion who can make that belt look like the epicenter of his "congregation".

Fired:
Unfortunately, Rob Terry. I'm giving up hope on this poor fellow. He has a great body, but he can't even speak for himself. Oh well. Maybe they "fire" him and dump him at Team 3D's academy where they can take a crack at becoming miracle workers.

TNA Championship - Hernandez

Sure, he already won it once, but it was done all wrong, and he's better suited for a run at the title now. He's been at the top of the card, even if he's working a mid-card feud, so giving him the case again gives him a reason to go from fighting 3D, to fighting AJ.

X Division - Amazing Red

"What the f*ck?" you say? Well, I don't think they can give him a long run with the belt, and add to his character. We need to see how he handles a loss, and how he bounces back. Dropping the belt also gives Don West a chance to mentor him some more, and that can't be a bad thing.

Global Championship - Desmond Wolfe

Of course, this is of they add it, and I'm thinking they could. Desmond is doing great right now, and is on his way to big things. I don't see him being a main eventer at this point though. Putting him in this match, and letting him get this case would be great. It gives Eric Young an opponent for the Australia tour also.

Tag Team Championship - Motor City Machine Guns

I'm agreeing with the masses here. There's no reason to not give them the cases. In one of the LDs, Gelgarin (a well-respected poster) said that the Guns winning the belt will be a huge event, because it's been built that they haven't won the belts. Let them win the cases here, and then put them in a match at Victory Road or Slammiversary, where they take the belts in grand fashion.

FIRED - Scott Steiner

Honestly, I think this feud with Lashley is his last in TNA. It's a good feud, but Lashley will be on to other things after this, and then Steiner has nothing left. He's been great lately, but how long can they ask him to perform at this level?

It looks like I forgot to name someone for the Global Champion. I guess Desmond Wolf is a good choice but I hope that if he wins it then he doesn’t join World Elite/British Invasion. TNA hasn’t done the best they possibly could with that stable so I would be afraid for Desmond to join knowing that they could mess things up. Or maybe they’ll have someone in the stable win the title shot therefore developing a new storyline.

Also, I was looking at TNA’s roster and I noticed that there really is a lot of people that they could fire…even if they are only “firing” them for storyline purposes. Some of those people include Kiyoshi. Honestly, I think he’s useless and he’s just taking up space. What the hell has he done in TNA anyways? And when was the last time he wrestled? He doesn’t add anything to the show or the World Elite so he should go…go for real. There are others but those others seem unlikely to happen...too bad they'll probably keep Kiyoshi.

Ok, firstly, Cody Deaner must be fired. Just give him the Fired briefcase, and let us try to forget him forever.
Now, that's out of the way....

For the tag team title shots, I think they'll go to Beer Money. Personally, I don't wanna them to go to BM because Roode and Storm have got themselves so over that they could go on to be successful singles stars. But TNA probably doesn't have the room in the midcard or the main event for 2 more guys, so they'll get the tag team title match briefcase. Personally, I'm hoping for Lethal Consequences. I think it could be interesting if they had a decent run with the tag belts.

X Division title case will most likely go to a heel, since Amazing Red is the champion. I'm thinking someone from World Elite. Bashir, Homicide or Kiyoshi... If I had to pick now, I'd say Homicide.

World Title match is weird. Joe is the only real choice for it. Nash and Young are still having their feud. Beer Money don't seem to be splitting up yet. All the other guys are pretty much jobbers. So I'm guessing Joe is the only logical choice here.

Now, this is just based on who's already qualified for the match. I'm not sure if more people will be added to the match, but i'll change my predictions accordingly.

I'm with Blade. Anyone who doesn't see Deaner grabbing the Fired case needs to just give up on life.

The tag titles are pretty clearly reserved for Beer Money as well. They really don't need the case, but it would help to give them a title shot without coming up with some stupid reason for them to still be feuding with the Brits.

I'm hoping Homicide doesn't get the X Division case...He's already worked with Red, and I just couldn't get into the matches as much. I'd say Bashir can work the best match with him, so he should get the case, and work towards making himself relevant again.

Samoa Joe seems to be the clear cut winner for the Heavyweight Title shot. I don't see anyone else in that match being worthy at the moment. Lethal and Creed just haven't done enough lately to suddenly be in AJ's league.

This is looking rather predictable, but looking at the competitors, it should still be a fun watch.

Deaner is still around? I haven't seen him in weeks, I had totally forgotten he even had a job with TNA still. Thank God they've stopped using him. So yeah, they should fire him for real. He is a waste. He isn't entertaining or good for anything. The roster spot and money he is taking up could go to hire some good talent from Mexico or Japan or maybe even wrestlers from the indies here in the US. He just isn't needed and if they really did fire the wrestlers that get the pink slips...then Deaner is my first choice.

So, the card for Final Resolution doubled tonight, and we got absolutely no word on this match. I'd expect it to get a little more hype leading into the PPV, and give us some reason to think that anyone but the obvious will win.

It's clear that Deaner will be gone, but I'd like to have more of a reason to care about this match...

Well, look at that...we finally got some build for this match. Samoa Joe and Beer Money are the only ones named on TV, but the rest have been listed for a while. Pretty much everyone saw Joe grabbing the title case, and Roode or Storm grabbing the tag title case, so there's not much build, but it's at least starting.

I can see Samoa Joe grabbing the World Heavyweight title shot and going on to be dominant for the next couple of months, leading up to him cashing in the case somewhere around Lethal Lockdown. As for the X title shot, I'd like to see Bashir grab it, as I loved his run with the belt, plus it would really make him relevant and spread some more focus onto World Elite. The tag title shots, as much as I wish the Motor City Machine Guns would stay relevant and in the title picture, it just seems like TNA doesn't want it, so I'm guessing James Storm will get that case, just so Beer Money can continue their feud with the Brits and put me to sleep a bit. Deaner is hopefully getting the fired case, as I can't really see anyone other then him really " worthy " of it other then Kiyoshi, who isn't used too often either.

So little has changed, it seems. Samoa Joe still seems to be getting the Heavyweight Title shot, and Beer Money seems to get their chance at the tag titles. Rob Terry being added to the mix just shows i was right, and he was on his way out, so expect him in a WWE ring near you by the time Easter rolls around. I'm still not sure what happens for the X Division though.

Well, originally, I figured Homicide would win, but I'm thinking he has a bigger (better?) feud with Suicide ahead. This opens the door for Kiyoshi or Bashir to grab the case, and actually set up an old-school style X Division feud, with two guys that can actually put on a show with little feud to go on. It will simplify everything, and bring the belt back to the public eye. It's a lot like how the WWE started to rebuild credibility to the mid-card titles, and it may work.

So the big news to me is that Big Rob is now in the match. They have clearly been trying to bury him a bit the last couple of weeks and it is well deserved because the man is shit. I really think and hope he will be grabbing the "fired" case.

The only other prediction I can base on any fact is that Beer Money will be breaking up. They have really been the only people other than Joe talking about the match. Look for 2 of the 3 to get cases to challenge for singles titles, with one of the Beer Money guys getting a World Title shot.

The only other prediction I can base on any fact is that Beer Money will be breaking up. They have really been the only people other than Joe talking about the match. Look for 2 of the 3 to get cases to challenge for singles titles, with one of the Beer Money guys getting a World Title shot.

I really hope they don't split up. They're a damn good tag team, and they still have a long road ahead of them as a team. Niether man will do better as a singles star than they are doing right now.

However, you're apparently hinting at Joe getting the X Division title shot, and that I like. He was there for a brief time a few months ago, and it would be great to see him go back, and really give the division some credibility again. He'd definitely beat Red, and since the division is almost devoid of heels, he'd have a pretty good roster of faces he can take on before dropping the belt. This also gives him something a bit more credible to do until the main event clears up.

I really hope they don't split up. They're a damn good tag team, and they still have a long road ahead of them as a team. Niether man will do better as a singles star than they are doing right now.

I also like them as a tag team, but you can't deny that their promos the last couple weeks have pretty much screamed "We're breaking up!" Hopefully it is just a trial run and they can reunite later, after the main event trial.

However, you're apparently hinting at Joe getting the X Division title shot, and that I like. He was there for a brief time a few months ago, and it would be great to see him go back, and really give the division some credibility again. He'd definitely beat Red, and since the division is almost devoid of heels, he'd have a pretty good roster of faces he can take on before dropping the belt. This also gives him something a bit more credible to do until the main event clears up.

I'd love for Joe to go back to the X Division. There are way to many guys to challenge the champ right now. There is the loser from Sunday, the guy who gets the World Title case, and Lashley. Let Joe go back to the X Division and put on a great feud with Red and help show that Red is a credible champ.

I always look forward to the "Feast or Fired" match. There sure are a lot of guys in it this time, it's going to be really tough to predict the winners because of how many are involved.... but I'm going to give it my best shot to predict who grabs each case. I can't wait for the match itself because it is always interesting to see who wins what.

DAGGER DIAS PREDICTION
Cody Deaner will get the "Fired" case.
Robert Roode and James Storm will get a Tag Team title shot.
Consequences Creed will get an X Division title shot.
Samoe Joe will get a world title shot.

So we have our finalized line-up, as everyone has seen:

Samoa Joe/Beer Money/Nash/Young/Bashir/Kiyoshi/Homicide/Lethal/Creed/Deaner

***PLEASE NOTE: According to TNA's website as of the night before the event, Rob Terry is NOT listed on the card. I know...I'm as sad as you are.***

First and foremost, its extremely valuable to review the history of this match before making predictions for the "usual suspects."

Turning Point 07
Participants: Steiner, Senshi, BG James, Petey, Shark Boy, Hoyt, Daniels, Skipper, Homicide, Hernandez, Kip James, Jimmy Rave, Chris Harris, Sonjay Dutt
Winners
World Title: Petey
Tag Title: BG James (and did NOT choose Kip as partner)
X Title: Steiner
Fired: Daniels

So we can see that the divisions did NOT stay entact. If anything, it was all scrambled.

Turning Point 08
Participants: Homicide, Hernandez, Lethal, Curry Man, Sabin, Shelley, Rave, Rock, Dutt, BG Games, Creed, Kip, Shark Boy
Winners
World Title: Hernandez
Tag Title: Lethal
X Title: Homicide
Fired: Curry Man

Here they broke up a tag team, as was the case the previous year. I can't be 100% certain, but we may be seeing a few trends. So here's my picks.

World Title: Eric Young
Tag Title: Nash
X Title: Kiyoshi
FIRED: Creed

This match has all the makings of a World Elite festival. I know the standard booking strategy with this sort of arrangement is for the heels to dominate the match, then all drop like dominoes, but I believe this is TNA's chance to give this group the push they've been craving to give them.

Eric Young
Disregardless of what some may say, Young's mic skills are phenomenal as a heel. He makes you want to see him lose, even in the role of the pipsqueak boss. No one thinks he's legit with the Global Title. Now imagine that heat with a World Title case. He won't win the belt, but it will make the group more legit.

Nash
I need not educate anyone on Nash as a tag wrestler, but I can him holding a briefcase having somehow outsmarted someone. This also lets him give World Elite another tag title shot against the Guns (and possibly cause dissension with the Brits).

Kiyoshi
This guy has yet to get to truly shine. From what little I've seen, I think given a 10-15 minute match with Amazing Red, we may be granted a wrestling clinic.

Creed
The pattern from Curry Man is in place. Guy is on every other week, then vanishes. Lethal has been given his own segment, while we have NEVER been given a reason to believe in Creed. Lethal Consequences held the belt for 5 seconds, and his firing could be the "Russo moment" with the look on his face and Lethal's face. It'd be another bad night for Lethal in what I believe is an ongoing heel turn.

And one final note: I don't see Deaner leaving. He appears to be playing the Shark Boy role, that being the easy pick, who the bookers have to know we hate, but will live to fight another day (probably in 3 months in a squash match).

In my opinion, this is the most unpredictable match of the year in pro wrestling, even above the Royal Rumble. Love it.

Bashir is gone :( I know I shouldn't be surprised, but from the people grabbing the cases, I'm more than shocked. Kevin Nash grabbing the tag titles case, and I can't wait to see who he chooses as his partner. If it's an "outsider", I'll be pretty pissed off. This has the potential for a decent storyline, and that would kill it. Samoa Joe grabbing the case is a non-event, since we all knew it would happen.

Here's what really got me...Rob fucking Terry got the X Division title shot. Really? The X Division is all about speed and impact, and he can't sell anything, and has no basic wrestling skills. He could seriously hurt himself, or whoever he faces, and the booking behind this really has me puzzled.

Knowing how well TNA is tapped into the internet/pro-wrestling relationship (Vince Russo, anyone?), retrospectively speaking, this doesn't really surprise me as much as it did at first. Everyone and their mother wanted one of Deaner or Terry to get shit-canned, and we were thrown a total curveball with him ending up with an X-Division title-shot. Not sure what the immediate (or long-term) plans are regarding how he'll utilize it, but at this point it doesn't really surprise me that TNA ended up going the opposite way everyone figured they'd go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back