IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

WrestleZone Rock Tournament Final Four - Match #1

80's Champion
Metallica
VS.
90's / 00's Champion
Foo Fighters

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Polls will be open for 5 days. You don't need to vote right away - let's see some debate on these two bands before you all vote the winner in!

.... How do i put this without getting Red Repped or flamed lol....

I am going with the Foo Fighters here. They are both graet bands and have contributed a fuck load of stuff to the Music Industry. and for me this is the hardest Matchup i have voted in. So i am going to have to go with a Personal vote becouse i just cant decide when it comes to who deserves it the most.

Im not a big fan of Metallica. I recignise what They have done and they have done alot. There Music is good but i prefer Foo Fighters. I like their style of music much more and their music (to me atleast) sounds better and is more entertaining then Metallica. as i said im not a big fan of Metallica and they Deserve to be the winner but as a Foo Fan i think they should win.

I have been against the Foo Fighter's winning the 90's / 00's Region from the start. I'm shocked that they did as well as they did, and I honestly didn't expect them to last 4 or 5 rounds, let alone knock off everyone and anyone to win an entire region. Defeating the Chili Peppers was a HUGE shock to me.

I voted Metallica. I am not their biggest fan either, but the music speaks of amazing musical composition, a melding of progressive rock, metal, thrash and speed rock, and symphony. They've inspired more musicians that I can count. They've stood the test of time and experimented with some fine music. They win this round and stand as the future Silver Medalist in the tourney.

I voted for Metallica as well, on the belief that Cinderella's dream has to end some time. Granted, Foo Fighters are fun to listen to, but, how can I in good conscience, vote for them over Metallica? Have the Foo Fighters made a bigger mark on the music industry? NO. Have they influenced more bands/lyrics/music than Metallica? NO. Metallica is one of the most influential hard rock bands of all time. They belong in the same sentence as Led Zepplin, The Who, and Black Sabbath. Foo Fighters have good songs, they are fun to listen to at times, but, against Metallica? C'mon! I expect Metallica to win this round over Foo Fighters, Queen to win the other matchup against Led Zepplin, and in the finals, Queen beating Metallica.

I voted Metallica as well. Foo Fighters are a good band, they have some sweet songs, including one of my all time favorites with My Hero. However, as Dee Snyder from Twisted Sister once said: "Dude, it's Metallica." That sums this whole thing up. They are the kings of metal and one of the few 80s bands that have survived to this day. Simply put these guys blew the doors off of music and never looked back. Every song they have have perfect rhythm, great lyrics and just blows you away. It's loud, aggressive and ear splitting greatness. Metallica wins here, and rolls into the finals to do what the Patriots couldn't: Dominate from beginning to end.

Like Sparky, this was a personal one for me. And a hard personal one at that.

Metallica, god, Metallica. There is not ONE thing I could probably say about them that hasn't been said before. They're a combination of metal, hard rock, even alternative. They've placed their influence in the Metal genre for sure, and there is no doubting that they deserve everything they get in this tourney.

But the Foos, man, this sounds just like the 90s finals, but the Foos just blow me away. I don't know why, but a lot of Metallica just sounds so damn similar. I ask you, listen to Everlong, then Miracle, then The Pretender. Three completely different songs by the same band, and they all rock.

It boiled down to personal preference, and I went with the Foo Fighters. I know completely that Metallica is going to win this match, and I could've accepted that and voted for them. But, every fight's worth fighting, and I'm going with the Foos until they're done.

It would be difficult for me to vote for the Foo Fighter's. They're up against the pioneers of thrash metal, who happen to be one of the best bands in rock history, ever. I have no idea how the Foo's have made it this far, they're a good band, but shouldn't have won the 90's/00's final, not to mention beat Metallica in the semis. The Foo's are just a fun band to listen too, but you can't take them seriously as being called the second greatest band in rock history.

Metallica is simply Metallica, they are amazing. "One", "Enter Sandman", "For Whom the Bell Tolls", and many, many more hits just prove that they deserve a spot in the final. Metallica is one of the few 80's bands who have such longevity. Even their newest album "St. Anger" still doesn't fail to impress me.

When you're about to vote for the Foo Fighter's ask yourself, in 15 years will people talk about the Foo's as they talk about Metallica today.

Metallica should win by a margin of at least 20. They are simply outstanding. Although whoever wins this match will have a difficult time against either Queen, or Led Zeppelin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back