• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Film Throwdown with IC25

Better Film Team?

• The Goodfellas

• The Good Cops

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Week One - DeVito and Conway vs Riggs and Murtagh

top-30-gangsters-00-420-75.jpg

VS.

arma-letal-riggs-murtaugh.jpg

DeVito and Conway

Tommy DeVito and Jimmy Conway, played in the film Goodfellas by Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro, respectively, were two of the three main members of Paulie's crew. Tommy was the Sicilian born hothead - Vinny Delpino on steroids - who eventually murdered Billy Batts and got himself whacked. Conway was the Irish hitman with a penchant for stealing and tipping with big bills. Along with Ray Liotta's Henry Hill character, they ran the streets.

Riggs and Murtaugh

Ah, the good guys. The redefinition of the inter-racial buddy crime fighting team that was taken from 48 hours and repackaged again in Rush Hour. Through all 4 Lethal Weapons, these two have shot thousands of bullets, blown loads of shit up, and taken down drug trafficking rings, drug rings, counterfeiting rings, and the guy who owned the hockey pro shop in Mighty Ducks.

So who's the better tag team in this cinematic showdown?

I think GoodFellas is the far better film, but I have to go with Riggs and Murtaugh as the better team. Tommy DeVito died in his movie. Riggs and Murtaugh survived more movies than they should have.

If we were to go by actors, then there really is no debate. Pesci and De Niro are miles and miles better than Gibson and Glover.

Man, I love Goodfellas and I'm not a fan of Lethal Weapon in the least bit, but you have to pick Riggs and Murtagh here, if you go strictly by IC's question. I mean, these guys did the impossible in four straight films, whereas all DeVito and Conway did nothing worth noting was rob an Airport. That's it. Not shoot outs, no fights... basically, they weren't ever challenged, whereas the Lethal Weapons boys got past a seemingly impossible challenge in four fucking films.

However, you also have to keep in mind that Riggs and Murtagh were two fictional characters, whereas DeVito and Conway actually existed in real life at one point, which makes this completely unfair. Just watch Last Action Hero for proof of this.

That said, I'll watch De Niro and Pesci on the screen together over Gibson and Glover any day of the fucking week. Those Lethal Weapons films, in my opinion, are highly overrated and completely illogical/ridiculous, whereas the films De Niro and Pesci have partnered in are some of the greatest movies in the history of cinema. And that's why I voted for THEIR movie, lol.

As far as a TEAM goes... there aren't many better than Riggs and Murtaugh. I'm pretty much in agreement with what the first reply to the thread said. Goodfellas is way better than all the goodness of the Leathal Weapon franchise put together. Sure they worked as a "team" in Goodfellas as far as Pesci and DeNiro go, but they just don't quite match the chemistry of Mel Gibson and Danny Glover despite both being better actors than Gibson and Glover. Riggs and Murtaugh should win here hands down. You have to look at the TEAM and chemistry of the actors... not the films themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back