Fights Where the Wrong Guy Won

gd

Plump, Juicy User
I was watching UFC 75 the other day and got the idea for this thread. When a fight ends with a knockout or submission, not only is it more exciting, but it gives us a concrete winner. You don't have to rely on the judges to make the determination. Even in many fights that go the distance, the winner is obvious. However, there are some fights that go to decision and it is much harder to determine a winner. Sometimes I'm watching a fight, and I completely disagree when I find out who the winner is.

I think the best example of this is the Micheal Bisbing/ Matt Hamill fight from UFC 75. Part of it may be because I don't really like Bisbing and I really like Hamill, but I believe that Hamill definetly should've won that fight. He dominated the first round with his strikes, something that was unexpected at the time. The next two rounds were pretty even, but I thought they definetly should've went to Hamill as he was able to take down Bisbing multiple times while Bisping didn't do much at all. One of the judges gave all three round to Hamill, but the other two scored the fight 29-28, giving Bisbing the victory.

So, what fights have you seen where you thought one fighter clearly won, only to lose by decision?

Hendo v. Franklin at 93. I thought Rich clearly controlled that fight all three rounds. I was mystified when the decision was announced.

Hamill/Bisping is probably the worst decision I've ever seen, and the one that infuriated me the most. It was fucking ridiculous.

Rampage Jackson vs. Murilo Rua at Pride 29 was another terrible decision. Even Rampage himself, right after the fight was done, said that was a bad decision and Rua should have won. I mean, when you have a fighter saying he lost a fight that the judges said he won.... you know that's a REALLY bad fucking decision. But Rampage's classiness made it okay, whereas Bisping's douchery just made everyone even more pissed about his decision win over Hamill.

KJ Noons vs. Nick Diaz ended on a bullshit cut stoppage. Diaz got in trouble in the beginning of the fight, but at the end of the first round, he started dominating. He goes to the corner, and the fucking doctor stops it, instead of giving him at least one more round to work with. What horseshit. Diaz showed against Takanori Gomi that he can fight with a cut, and Gomi is ten times the fighter Noons is. So, that one was very unfortunate, and the fact that Noons never granted Diaz a rematch makes it even worse.

But I think what tops them all for me is Tito Ortiz vs. Chuck Liddell 2 at UFC 66. Tito finally wins a round against Liddell in the 2nd, and is doing quite well in the third. He gets in a bit of trouble, and the fucking ref stops the fight while Ortiz was still clearly defending himself. What the fuck? At that point in time, that was by far and large the biggest fight in UFC history (it held the most pay-per-view buyrates for the company until UFC 100), and to see it end like that was such a fucking shame. It pisses me off to this day.

The one that people bring up a lot is Griffin/Bonnar. I watched Griffin/Rampage with someone recently and they'd told me how they'd watch that fight a few years back and thought that Bonnar had put a whooping on Griffin.

I respectfully disagreed; I agree with the decision in that match. The first time round I wasn't so sure but the second time I was looking for how point might be scored and I think Griffin came out on top.

Recently, we had Sexyama and, uh, that guy. That was pretty up in the air but I couldn't be bothered to watch it a second time. Joe Rogan seemed pretty pissed off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back