• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighting Spirit Magazine

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Anyone else think its trash? I'll use this months issue as the main example.

Two pages of British wrestling. Now I suppose its good to promote British wrestling. But the simple fact is that most of it is shit. They talk about how great LDN is, its not. It's garbage. The only British wrestling worth a mention is when an event is held made up mostly of foreign wrestlers.

There is an article this month on star ratings. How somebody rates certain matches. All very intresting, but star ratings are an opinion. There is no need to explain a star rating. It's common knowledge.

1 Star = Bad
3 Star = Fine
5 Star = Great

It can be a little more in depth, but 4 pages about it is pushing it.

WWE is racist apparently. So FSM says.

Typos. Does this magazine not read through there articles. It is almost as if they have taken it straight from a forum to print. 1 or two typos is fine. It happens. But I spot at least 10 each month. Not very professional.

They have abot 5 pages of news each month. Most of it isn't really releavant once the magazine comes out. Bullet points would be more apt. Not several paragraphs about JBLs wife getting death threats. Power Slam would sum that up in two sentences.

They never admit when they are wrong. Magazines should tell the truth, but the writer should give a common opinion. Not an individual one. The quality of the writers for that magazine is forum quality. Not professional quality.

Several pages of What If? Good for a forum, but not for a magazine.

3 pages of PPV reviews. 1 for TNA, 1 for UFC, one for WWE. A quick summary would be fine. By the time the magazine is out the PPV is a month old. Everyone has moved on. A quick match and overall evaluation is all that is needed.

About 6 pages of DVD & book reviews. Couldn't they just do a page or two with reviews for the importand stuff? They don't need to review PPV DVDs. They review them several months earlier in their PPV review section.

There's more that I can add but I'll see if anyone else replies or even reads this magazine.

Of course it puts over LDN, it sponsors their TV show.

Speaking of LDN, if I put on a wrestling event next week in Hull I'm sure I could draw a bigger crowd than them.

I get more people in my shop than LDN get to their shows. And my shop will hold no more than me, Bumble and 10 pervs.

I'm gonna have to bump this 'cos I recently got a few issues and God, it's terrible. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading. However, that's only because I like reading anything which features an interest of mine which not many other people share. Take for instance this month's summary of Slammiversary 2008 - it covered one match. The AJ Styles one. Well, it mentioned it, before going on a long rant about how they shouldn't let Kurt Angle wrestle. Talk about great journalism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back