• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FCC Open for everyone

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
I believe The D-Man will be stepping in for IC25, as the Irishman is honeymooning.

UT#1Fan is serving a ban, so, this one might be a big slow.

That being said - The D-Man will be affirming the topic, UT will be negating it.

This thread is for the debaters only. The thread is now open and will close Friday evening at 6:00 PM CST.

Resolved: The role of the FCC in the United States has expanded to a point which violates the first amednment of the Constitution.

Before I start I wish to wish D-Man the best of luck in this alternate battle.

I have to support that the role of the FCC in the United States has not expanded to a point which violates the first amendment of the Constitution. I believe the FCC is the police of the media. They keep people in line protecting the children of the world from mature words and ideas. Would you let a 4 year old watch an uncensored South Park episode? The FCC stops vulgar shows from being showed at hours where children watch.

The FCC's mission is, "make available so far as possible, to all the people of the United States, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex, rapid, efficient, Nation-wide, and world-wide wire and radio communication services with adequate facilities at reasonable charges." The point of TV is to provide educational and entertaining programs to the public.

The first amendment states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press" This was made so people could protest against things they don't believe in and not be forced to keep quiet. Not for people to abuse and throw words around for the sake of controversy. This is the most famous amendment for the controversy around it allowing people to say their controversial thoughts. The FCC was built to protect children from inappropriate ideas that their minds can not wrap around yet.

This is why the FCC has not breached the first amendment, but have shown the boundaries of some ideas and words and built those boundaries for people to show on public TV.

This was a hard point to get behind and hope Undertakerfan approves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back