Favourite type of Weather

LilacFray

Unregistered User
There's always that specific weather which makes you feel content or satisfied for no particular reason.. Don't you? It could be the type of weather that makes you want to go outdoors for a walk or stay indoors cozily and watch a movie. Well yeah, there might be some who are the least affected by the weather but this is for the rest.

My favourite weather is a combination of two elements. Sunny with wind. I absolutely love how the warm sunlight and the cool wind just blend in and make me happy. Being quite the fan of getting my hair raped by the wind, I don't mind the wind being strong and the sun too hot, just as long as it all balances out. And most of the time - it does. I also enjoy the rain. Be it soft drizzles or thunderstorms. That weather really has an effect on my mood. Unfortunately, it doesn't rain as much as I'd like it to where I live.. Stupid Desert. But on the bright side, I get to enjoy the whole Sunny with Wind weather. :)

What is your favourite type of weather?

Is it common around where you live?

Pre-snow Winter, pretty much what we have going on now.

I fucking hate being hot. I'll spend 75% of the Summer in my basement, chilling in the air conditioning. The only reason for the other 25% is my son wanting to play outside and I guess it's "bad parenting" to let a 3 year old go out alone. :shrug:

I love Winter. Not the snow mind you, I hate snow. But I love being cold. I love wrapping myself up in a blanket and opening the window when it's 24 degrees outside.

I'm with Nate. I love the winter. But unlike Nate, I love the snow. I remember spending hours on end playing in the snow back when I lived in New York. Good times. I live in California now so the closest we get to snow in my area is the minimal amount of frost on the tanbark. I absolutely hate summers here because I hate hot weather in general. In addition, my family doesn't use the air conditioner because it costs a lot or something. So we leave the windows open. So yeah, I'm never really keen on summer but winter is the shit. It may not snow but it sure can get cold especially around Christmas time.

I love the winter weather here in Florida. Right now it's about 60 degrees outside and there's not a cloud in the sky. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and sunny, so the temperature can change quite a bit here from day to day. It's the weather like today that I absolutely love. It's a cold enough to where I have to wear a hoodie, but it's not too cold where I can't enjoy the outdoors. If everyday could be like today, I would be ecstatic. I'm actually about to go outside and find something to do just so I can enjoy the weather. I was going to work on some homework, but it would be criminal to not enjoy the weather today.

I also love the late-afternoon thunderstorms we get basically everyday from June through September. I love sitting on the back porch and watch it pour down rain and watch the lightning.

I like that late Spring to early Summer days where it starts out cool, draws back into a nice warm temperature (like 80) for a nice dip in the pool, and then cools back down around 6-7pm... I love that kind of weather because that's when you can have the most fun. And anyone who says a pool isn't fun, hasn't lived in the south...

I dislike either extremes. I used to not be bothered much by either extreme, but during Christmas of 1992 we had a family reunion in Sweden. That was my first and only experience with temperatures below zero outdoors. I have had an intense dislike for freezing weather ever since. I bundle up as necessary, but hate when it's cold outside.... and don't even get me started on issues with ice and driving!

Then we have extreme heat. This is pretty common where I live. During summer we end up having a few days where it reaches 100 degrees in the shade. Up until high school I liked summer weather. Then I went through two-a-day football practices. After that, extreme heat has alwaye given me headaches. I end up drinking several bottles of water per day to avoid that. Other than that, I do not have much against severe heat.

My favorite weather falls right down the middle. When things are transitioning between Spring and Summer, or Summer and Fall. I took daily walks in college and found that type of weather to be perfect for my walks around campus. I still walk these days, mainly around my apartment complex with the dogs when they need to go outside. The room temperature range when it's sunny is my favorite type of weather because it's not too cold, not too warm, and you can enjoy the scenery outdoors without getting wet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back