Favourite Heavyweight

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
With Mike Tyson hosting Raw next week, this might be a hot topic. Who is your favourite heavyweight in the history of boxing?

Mine finished with 40 wins in his career, and would finish his career by defeating every boxer he had ever faced. He also is a gold medalist in amateur boxing at the Olympics, and one of the greatest Heavyweight Boxing Champions of all time Lennox Lewis.

One of my favourite moments of his, back when Boxing was still alive for the big boys was refusing to fight John Ruiz, who did not deserve a shot, instead fighting David Tua. The fight itself was a good one, going the distance, but I always viewed it as Lewis standing up against corruption.

He perhaps fought in the last great Heavyweight match when he defeated Raw Guest Host Mike Tyson in a quick match. His retirement has killed boxing for me, making him by far my favourite, as I could care very little about the sport now, except for the Olympics.

My favorite of all-time is George Foreman. Leave out all the attempted comebacks, and look at his original body of work, and you have one of the greatest boxers in history. He was a straight ahead knockout puncher, and he could take anything anyone dished out at him.

Watching some older fights, I was a big fan of guys like Joe Louis and Sonny Liston, but they don't compare in my eyes.

No fighter has ever looked as impressive and as menacing as Mike Tyson in the 80's. The downside however is the greatest, most exciting fight he was ever in, he lost. Buster Douglas KO's Tyson in the biggest upset in boxing history.

No votes for John L. Sullivan? 195 fights over the course of 238 days. Beat Jack Kilrain in the 75th round to become this first "official" World Heavyweight Champion. The Boston Strong Boy! Give em' hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back