• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favourite Car Chase

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Nothing makes a film like the sound of a car revving up as it pulls away from its pursuer. Whether it is a Ferrari, a motorbike, a jalopy, we just love to see the chase.

I picked two for myself. I wish Shocky and NoFate were around more often to agree with me, but the chase starts of with a young child running from a cop, until getting on top of his motobike and driving away. Feeling safe, he thinks he gets away until the cop hijacks a tow truck and the pursuit continues. Luckily another person helps the boy, as he takes him on the back of his Harley, and they escape after the tow truck bursts into flame after the chase.

Of course that is from Dora The Explorer: Action Movie. The one with John Connors and the T-800.

The second movie is The Blues Brothers, because its funny.

My favourite car chase is Blues Brothers, the sheer humour in that car chase exceeded my expectations, it was hilarious, and the the dozens of cops cars piling up, the Nazi car falling throught the road and John Belushi and Dan Akroyd made that car chase what it is.

My favourite car chase is Blues Brothers, the sheer humour in that car chase exceeded my expectations, it was hilarious, and the the dozens of cops cars piling up, the Nazi car falling throught the road and John Belushi and Dan Akroyd made that car chase what it is.

Yes. Simply yes.

That remains one of the most memorable car chases to me, from all the films I've seen. A friend and I once counted the cop cars involved in the pile-up. We ended up with 57.

You're talking about the chase at the end of the movie, on the highway and through the streets of Chicago. There is also a hilarious chase scene earlier in the movie, as the two drive through a shopping mall, destroying every shop in sight. Plus, they had help from the cops.

One of the things that also makes these scenes stick out to me is the type of cars they drove...the long-bodied sedans which were prevalent in the late 70's and early 80's. It's pretty cool to me to see them swing the ass end of the car around so far, while making a turn or cutting a corner.

There's a thread on car chases, and no one has mentioned The French Connection? Really? This scene has been recognized as the greatest car chase in movie history by more than one writer, and makes the movie so much better. Instead of the film getting a "B" or "B+", it easily gets an "A", for this car chase alone.

I'm also a sucker for chases with fast cars, that avoid fruit stands. The Gone In 60 Seconds remake had a decent chase scene with the Shelby GT 500, and the "chase" from 2 Fast 2 Furious (where they're trying out) was also rather entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back