• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favourite Background Channel?

Planty

Pride of Manchester
So I was wondering, what is everybody's favourite background channel on TV?

Y'know, the channel that just so happens to be on whilst you're not really paying attention to the TV and you're on the computer.

For me, a bit of Comedy Central is good. You just turn and look at the TV when its getting funny with stuff like Fraiser and Everybody Loves Raymond.

My favourite though is Sky Sports News, as the same stories are repeated throughout the day with different ones added in when it is Breaking News. So you just turn around when the Breaking News is on.

So yeah, what is everybody's favourite? Haha.

I'm with you on Comedy Central, I've discovered so many great shows because the channel was "just" on. To think I didn't know what Two and a half men was this time last year.

TV Guide Channel. When I had cable, anyway. One summer I realized I knew every single ad that came on that channel off by heart.

Discovery or Food Network. They make good background noise because it's just people talking for the most part, so it's sound, but easily ignorable sound.

Fox News. It helps keep me awake to be able to look up and see something that really pisses me off.

Just really what ever is on.

I don't really got a favorite. I just keep it on different channels thought out the day pending what is on. I might not watch the screen but I don't wanna hear a show I don't like.

TruTV or Discovery are usually on as a background channel. Though sometimes TEN is on for a 'background' channel.

Food Network, Comedy Central, or ESPN. All are good in providing background noise, and when I heard something that piques my interest, I look up.

Comedy Central when im at my dads rest of the time i have a media centre pc so i watch whatever is being streamed or just turn the thing off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back