• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite WWE near Fall?

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
I was rewatching Taker and HHH III and remembering being live at Mania 28 it just amazed me how close HHH was of breaking the streak after that superkick / pedigree combo so it got me thinking.....

Whats your favorite near fall memory? It could be Taler kicking out of a tombstone or an rko, the rock kicking out of a stunner at Mania? Maybe John cena kicking out from a GTS ? Or even the ultimate warrior kicking out after 5 elbows from the Macho King?

So whats your favorite and why?

Whats your favorite near fall memory?

- Shawn Michaels kicking out of Tombstone Piledriver - Wrestlemania 25

- Undertaker kicking out of Tombstone Piledriver by Triple H - Wrestlemania 27 - One of the very few times that I thought the streak was over.

Interesting topic, hmm... my favorite near fall..

I have a couple.

HHH vs Taker WM 27, that was crazy man.

HBK vs Taker WM 25, again didn't expect that, my heart stopped for a second.

Shane McMahon vs Kurt Angle King Of The Ring 2001, Angle dissected him, rolled him in, shane kicked out, that was nuts.

My most favorite though was a near fall that went into a fall,

HHH vs HBK vs Benoit,

Bnoit had HHH in the crossface, nearly tapped him out, but HHH rolled out of it, but Benoit NEVER LET GO!!, rolled him back applied it harder and made him tap, that was amazing to me.

The first one I thought of off the top of my head was the same as the OP's, Taker-HHH HIAC. When HBK hit the superkick into a Pedigree, I was so mad that I literally stood up and started yelling at the TV. When Taker kicked out, I went nuts. The other ones mentioned so far are awesome as well, but that to me will always be #1.

Take/HBK at WM25 was the most intense I've ever seen.

"Chokeslam's, Tombstone's, Last Ride's... And a kick out! And a kick out! And a kick out!"

Can't imagine anyone watching that and not marking out.

I would probably have to say Over the Edge 99. The Intercontinental title match with the Blue Blazer...... wait.....

Oh, you said near fall. My bad.

Recently I would have to say Sami Zayn vs Cesaro at Arrival. There were moments I thought Cesaro damn near killed him, but Sami kept coming back.

I don't know why, but one near fall that always sticks out in my mind is when Hogan hit the leg drop on the Rock at WrestleMania 18 and the Rock kicked out. I still remember JR yelling, "By Gawd! He beat Andre the Giant with that move!" as Hogan went for the cover. That was an awesome match and an awesome moment.

A lot to choose from.. My favorite though was HBK vs Taker at WM25! HBK landed probably the best Sweet Chin Music he has ever delivered.. IT was clean,hard,and vicious.. I knew taker would kick out of it,but still there was that glimmer of suspense that he wouldn't!

This is a great thread!

First ones I thought of (as mentioned) were HBK kicking out of the tombstone at WM25, Taker kicking out of the Superkick/Pedigree at WM28 and Taker kicking out of HHH's tombstone at WM27. All those Taker WrestleMania matches are ideal for this topic. Even him kicking out of the RKO at WM21.

But my FAVORITE has to be Rock kicking out of the Hogan leg drop after Hogan hulked up and did the finger point. The crowd was absolutely electric and even though I was wanting Rock to win the match, seeing how they reacted to Hogan's finger point made me want to see Rock lose right then and there. Goosebumps every single time and nostalgia at its finest.

When Bret countered Shawn's missile dropkick with a sharpshooter, with just seconds to spare in their Iron Man match at WM12. It's the only time I've ever been 100% convinced that the eventual loser of the match had actually won.

This one is my favourite as it doesn't feature a main eventer, but yes....TAKA Michinoku. A man that Mick Foley said, "would have been WWF Champion, if the WWF was about talent". And here you get to see him almost become the WWF Champion. TAKA is given a moment to shine against the almighty Triple H and just for a moment, you actually think he will win it.

[youtube]3I-iUL2IBn4[/youtube]

Skip to 7.20

Of the ones mentioned, HBK/Taker at WM 25 and Shane/Angle at KOTR 2001 are also my favourites. The look on Taker and Angle's faces after HBK and Shane kick out are priceless. Angle looks like he's about to cry and Taker...well, have you ever seen that look of worry on his face before? Rock kicking out of the Stunner and Taker kicking out of the Superkick/Pedigree are epic too.

So many of my favs are from Taker WrestleMania matches to be honest. . .

-The Undertaker kicks out after Orton reversed a chokeslam into an RKO at WM21.
-Shawn Michaels Kicks out of the Tombstone at WM 25. Takers face was priceless!
-Undertaker kicks out of the Tombstone at WM 27. I loved the way Triple H crawled backwards afterwords like he was shocked and scared that he kicked out.
-Undertaker kicks out after the Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combo at WM 28.

There's others, but with it being WrestleMania season I just seem to have Undertaker near falls stuck on the brain.

I don't know why, but one near fall that always sticks out in my mind is when Hogan hit the leg drop on the Rock at WrestleMania 18 and the Rock kicked out. I still remember JR yelling, "By Gawd! He beat Andre the Giant with that move!" as Hogan went for the cover. That was an awesome match and an awesome moment.

This was an epic kick out. Every fan reacted to it.

I don't count Undertaker's WM matches as near falls because I have never believed he has a chance to lose. Even with the Pedigree/Sweet Chin Music combo, I knew he was going to kick out.

Other near falls I like are, for some strange reason, both in the Elimination Chamber. The 1st one was when Jeff Hardy kicked out of the Pedigree. It was the EC of 2008 if I remember correctly. The other one was this year's EC, were Bryan kicked out of the RKO. In both kick outs I thought that Jeff & Bryan would win later. Another similar situation was Jeff Hardy kicking out of the GTS when CM Punk cashed in.

Santino's getting a near fall on Bryan at EC was just insane. I honestly thought for like a quarter of a second that it was over and that Santino had won the WHC there.

My favorite WWE near fall was Undertaker kicking out of the Sweet Chin Music and Pedigree at WrestleMania 28.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:worship: RVD, CM Punk, and Chris Jericho.

If I had to choose without reading other posts, I'd say Taker/HBK, or the DX-Combo on Taker.
But, to me, the best near fall was at this Elimination Chamber, after Kane distracted Bryan, Orton hit the RKO and everyone thought that Bryan was screwed again, but Bryan kicked out. Literally everyone was screaming in the arena and watching at home and thought that this is the big moment.

I want to add more, not so much a near fall, but Ladder Match for the Undisputed Championship, 2002, RAW, Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy. Jeff was so close to reaching the belt, I nearly had a heart attack as a young teen watching that.

I would probably have to say Over the Edge 99. The Intercontinental title match with the Blue Blazer...... wait.....

Oh, you said near fall. My bad.

not funny at all, man. Owen had a wife and kids and by all accounts was a great husband and father. totally tasteless comment here.

to the OP, i'll give one that wasn't mentioned already...

Stone Cold vs. Kurt Angle; SummerSlam 2000. Angle kicked out of 3 -- yes you read that correctly -- THREE!! -- Stone Cold Stunners. amazing match and storytelling going on between two of the greatest of all time.

mad props and honorable mentions go to Taker/HBK at Mania 25, Taker/Triple H at Mania's 27 & 28, and Santino for the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber moments.

Hogan and Ultimate Warrior, the near falls both had in their Wrestlemania 6 match, Hogan kicked out of Warriors finisher, and Warrior kicked out of Hogans, both was unheard of at the time, and watching it then, you had to think it was over for each finisher.

Besides that one, another is Warrior vs Savage from Wrestlemania 7, Savage kicked out of Warriors finisher, and Warrior kicked out of Savages 5th elbow drop both was epic and well done at that time.

I know they have been mentioned a lot, but HBK kicking out of the Tombstone at Mania 25 was insane. When Taker took the Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combo I thought he was done. Great near falls. Also Warrior and Hogan kicking out of each others finishers at Mania 6. As has been said, that was unheard of at the time, and almost made my ten year old heart explode. Great thread.

I have 2 favorite near falls the first is from WrestleMania III
When Hogan tried to slam Andre in the beginning of the match I honestly thought it was over the refs hand literally came down on 3 and Hogan lost every time I watch it looks like Andre won in less than a minute, Being a huge Hulkamaniac I cheered with extra excitement when Gorilla Monsoon said it was 2

The second is
When The Rock kicked out of the second AA at WrestleMania 28 I really thought The Rock would lose this match I remember jumping out of my chair at the bar and cheering tremendously chanting Rocky in hope for one last chance and prayer for The Rock to win and he did

- Shawn Michaels kicking out of Tombstone Piledriver - Wrestlemania 25

- Undertaker kicking out of Tombstone Piledriver by Triple H - Wrestlemania 27 - One of the very few times that I thought the streak was over.
These two would be my picks as well, along with the Sweet Chin Pedigree Taker kicked out of that was mentioned in the OP. So basically The Streak at it's peak has provided the most anticipating near falls IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back