• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Underground Rapper

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
I know there are other Hip Hop threads and such but I kinda wanna voice my thoughts on the state of Rap music. Honestly, I can't even turn on the radio anymore. I am fed up with these unoriginal flash in the pan rappers. I can't even tell who is who anymore. There are some mainstream spitters I like such as Ludacris, T.I, and a couple others, but their peers have ruined music for me. So now I confine myself to Underground music. I am a Juggalo, and Psychopathic Records runs the Underground as far as money goes. But as far as actual skill goes, my favorite Underground Rapper is Tech N9ne. Seriously, who puts out harder music than him these days? Red Nose hits me so hard, easy to relate to being an outcast. Plus, I am a Kansas City native, so maybe I am biased. You would be hard pressed to show me a better rapper at all. Feel free to debate my views, but I wanna know your favorite Underground rapper, and how you feel about the current state of mainstream rap music.

Damn I was thinkin about askin this question in Ty Burna's all hip hop thread, but anyways I give you props on starting a great topic.

Anyways, I am also one of those who are fed up with todays ringtone bitch ass whack rappers & there are only a few of todays rappers that I like(T.I, Ludacris, Chamillionaire, Young Jeezy & that's about it).

Anyways well there are so many good underground artists out there like Heltah Skeltah, Immortal Technique, Dead Prez, Andre Nickatina, Black Milk, Guilty Simpson, Elzhi, Trae, Z-Ro, Kutt Calhoun, Krizz Kaliko & a shit load of talented underground rappers.

My favorite underground rapper is Tech N9ne & here's why.

As you can tell my sig is of Tech N9ne, Kutt Calhoun & Krizz Kaliko. Anyways Tech N9ne puts the hardest material out on the streets as I don't think anybody elses material in the game today can even compare to his material. Tech N9ne albums is like Eminem's & what I mean by that is that there is not one song on a Tech N9ne album that you would get remotely annoyed at(unlike alot of today's mainstreams bitch rappers). I agree with Nate that you would be hard pressed to find a better rapper out there & i'm from the west coast where a shit load of hip hop legends came from & make their name.

Now as far as how I feel about the current state of mainstream rap. It saddens me cause alot of the rappers that are on top of the mainstream rap aren't even great lyrically. If those pussy rappers wererapping in the time that 2Pac, Biggie & the NWA dominating the game, then I guaran-damn-tee you that those pussy rappers would get their asses smoked & murdered by the legends of hip hop. If any of y'all want further proof of how bad hip hop truly is then watch 106 & Park one weekday & watch some of the videos(especially check out that GS Boyz song Booty Dew as that is one of the worst rap songs i have ever listened to in my life) & you can tell easily that Nas was right when he said that hip hop is dead.

Ok I know that was a bit of a rant, but i'm seriousely pissed about the state of mainstream hip hop as today's shit is taking a shit of the hard work that 2Pac, Biggie & others helped make it.

Well said Pimpin. Probably would have been better off letting you handle this. So I have a couple questions for you. Being from the Bay, I gotta assume you're familar with Brotha Lynch. What do you think about him signing to Strange Music? What do you think of The Dayton Family? And when did mainstream music die to you? I attribute that last one to the emergence of the wackest rapper alive: Soulja Boy. This dude drives me nuts. There were contributing factors before him, but he was the nail in the coffin for me.

Favourite underground rapper is hardcore rapper Sean Price from Brooklyn, New York City, he's aprt of a hip hop supergroup from Brooklyn called Boot Camp Clik, so i'll say why these guys are my favourite. They have been around 1993, the reason why is, Sean's skills are damn great and the other 7 members of the group are all dope, check them out on youtube and the internet. When i started listening to them back in late 2005 i was amazed, and ever since they have put out great albums and mixtapes and the supergroup itself is made up of 4 sub groups.

Sean and his Heltah Skeltah rhyming partner Rock are skilled, funny and hardcore content, as a whole they are some of the realest rappers out. Even their label which is Duck Down Records has group affiliates who have been with the group since after its inception and the CEO of the label, Buckshot is the leader of the group and is skilled and his group Black Moon even featured a debuting Havoc from Mobb Deep...before he got famous.

BCC members Buckshot and Tek N Steele of Smif N Wessun actually recorded a album called One Nation with Tupac during the East vs West shit, before he died which has been released.

Well said Pimpin. Probably would have been better off letting you handle this. So I have a couple questions for you. Being from the Bay, I gotta assume you're familar with Brotha Lynch. What do you think about him signing to Strange Music? What do you think of The Dayton Family? And when did mainstream music die to you? I attribute that last one to the emergence of the wackest rapper alive: Soulja Boy. This dude drives me nuts. There were contributing factors before him, but he was the nail in the coffin for me.

True I am from the bay & yes I am familiar with Brotha Lynch & I think his material is good. Now with that bein said, I think havin him sign with Strange Music is a good move on his part cause there are alot of talented rappers on the Strange Music Label(Tech N9ne, Kutt Calhoun, Krizz Kaliko, Prozak, Grave Plott & Project Deadman just to name a few) & with Brotha Lynch being surrounded with a great load of great talent & bein signed to a label that actually gives a shit about what type of material hits the streets(Strange Music) then I think Brotha Lynch will only get better & possibly reach Tech N9ne's level when it comes to his all around skills.

Now onto The Dayton Family. I'm a bit familiar with their stuff as I have their albums Welcome to the Dopehouse, Back On Dayton Ave. & Return to Dayton Ave(I got all that via bootleggin) & I am a fan of their stuff as they rap about the ghetto & the whole struggle instead of rappin about being all rich & famous & shit like today's bitch rappers do. It's really a damn shame that they haven't gotten much praise outside of Flint, Michigan cause they are a really talented group.

Now when did mainstream rap die in my eyes. Well the start of it's death was back in like 2000(it wasn't bad then cause Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Outkast & Ice Cube were releasing albums on a more consistant basis) when I was listening to a Nelly song on the radio & that made me not listen to rap for a while cause Nelly is just a really terrible rapper. Now about a few years later when I decided to listen to listen to mainstream rap again, I initially thought it wasn't that bad, but that changed rather quickly when Soulja Boy put out that crappy ass song Crank Dat & it just started going downhill from there. The mainstream song that finally drove me away from listenin to mainstream rap & watchin 106 & Park for good is the fuckin Booty Dew song by the ****** ass GS Boyz. I swear if I hear my girlfriend tryin to get our daughter & my son to listen to that song one more time then i'm gonna need a shrink in order to tolerate that shit.

I'm not a fan of Tech Nine,I actually think he is wack. Maybe it's his dumb gimmick, that doesn't represent real hip hop.

My favorite is the Slaughterhouse(Joe Budden,Royce,Joell Ortiz and Crooked I). They killing the game right now.

Z-Ro always been dope. His music is about depression. Heltah Skeltah been dope since the early 90's with BCC. OGC,Buckshot and Smif-Wessun. Rock just got out of jail recently?

Underground is not really underground anymore due to the internet.

Is J.Cole consider underground? He sign with Jay Z RocNation but the kid is nice as hell. Drake just went commercial but he still dope as well.

yes to me all rap does sound the same, and dont even get me started on eminem which I am not even going to go there

for me though I find myself listening to anyone in the group demigodz or army of pharohs, which include such rappers as vinnie paz, jus allah, celph titled, esoteric, apathy, chief kamachi and so on.
Yes it is violent rap, probably more violent then eminem, but the beats are just sick,and in my opinon the beat makes the rap track
just my opinion

I'm not a fan of Tech Nine,I actually think he is wack. Maybe it's his dumb gimmick, that doesn't represent real hip hop.

My favorite is the Slaughterhouse(Joe Budden,Royce,Joell Ortiz and Crooked I). They killing the game right now.

Z-Ro always been dope. His music is about depression. Heltah Skeltah been dope since the early 90's with BCC. OGC,Buckshot and Smif-Wessun. Rock just got out of jail recently?

Underground is not really underground anymore due to the internet.

Is J.Cole consider underground? He sign with Jay Z RocNation but the kid is nice as hell. Drake just went commercial but he still dope as well.

Really and what whack gimmick is that? I don't see a gimmick, I see a dude who can spit fire on the mic and could murder any rapper out there right now. He's got some fucked up shit in his life, and he's just a crazy motherfucker and you want to call it a gimmick? So if that's the case you must dislike all midwest hip hop because a lot of motherfuckers around the midwest all spit fast like that. Look I tell you what I seen Tech live in concert a few weeks ago, and it was honestly the best hip hop concert I have ever seen in my life. He connected to the crowd and when everyone in the crowd is jumpin up and down and throwin their hands up. He created an energy in the building I have never seen any artist do before, and every album he releases are all solid.

Tech N9ne wack? Are you serious? I don't know what the fuck real rap is about, but I gotta assume you don't have a clue. The truth is, real rap is about being able to express what your saying in rhyme at a fast pace or at least a rythym, having instrumentals that compliment your style, and connecting with your audience. Tell me one motherfucker in the game who does any of that better than Tech N9ne! What do you think real rap is about? To Pimpin, I recommend FBI by The Dayton Family. My favorite album, strongly suggest you check it out. I used to like Nelly back in the day, hometown thing. But looking back, the songs were pretty shitty. There is a couple tracks where he'll go half a verse ending every verse with the N word. Not exactly talent there. Have nothing against the word, but damn. We get it man! Lol. I gotta add Lil Wayne to the list of wack ass mainstream clowns contributing to the demise of rap music. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back