• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Trilogy

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Ah the trilogy. There have been dozens of them ranging from Indiana Jones to Star Wars (x 2) to X-Men and so on and so forth. Simple concept here: what is your favorite? Now you may have noticed that I mentioned Indiana Jones, which has four films now. That's fine. There's still the original trilogy. What I'm saying is simple: there can be trilogies inside a bigger series of films. Look at Star Trek for instance. 1 has little to no connection to 2, yet 2, 3, and 4 could classify themselves as a trilogy due to the plot being interconnected. Therefore, it doesn't have to be three movies or even the first three movies in a series. Just a series of three consecutive films that are in the same series. What's your pick?

Dozens of great trilogies (or film series) to choose from, but I have always been a massive fan of the Rocky movies.

The first is a downright classic and deserved the Oscar it received for best film.

The second and third were a bit cheesy, but I can't begin to fathom how many times I have watched Rocky IV and still mark the fuck out each time Stallone knocks out that damn Russian. I still say they should have played that movie on a continuous loop after 9/11 on a channel like TBS or TNT.

The final two installments, Rocky V and Rocky Balboa were also well done in my opinion, although that last fifteen minutes of Rocky Balboa were way to futuristic in the movie sense for me.

For me, it'll have to be the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. From the amazing acting of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow to the spectacular cinematic scenes such as the Krakken attacks, the ship battles, and sword fights. Each movie provided the perfect blend of comedy and action for any fan of the triilogy. As a personal pick, I always found At World's End to be my favorite.

You know.. as much as I would love to select something cool like The Godfather or Back to the Future... I have to stick with my heart, and choose The Mighty Ducks.

Reading that, someone out there probably laughed their ass off at that being someone's selection, but honest to God... I loved every single one of them for what seems like my entire lifetime. I saw all 3 at the movies. I got all three on VHS the first day they were released. As a kid, I absolutely adored these movies, and now that I'm 23... I can still pop one of the fuckers in and enjoy the ever living hell out of it.

Charlie Conway was by far my favorite character and to this day Joshua Jackson is one of my favorite actors (though he's done plenty of work outside of The Mighty Ducks to make him stay so). I also loved Coach Bombay, Adam Banks, Averman, Jesse Hall, and the Bash Brothers. And the hockey scenes themselves were always top notch; I don't give a fuck what anyone says. And the humor in each movie still holds up to this day.

By a lot of people The Mighty Ducks is looked upon as a joke, but to me... it'll most likely always remain my favorite trilogy.

PS: The Bourne films was the only "trilogy" I considered besides The Mighty Ducks, but since there's about to ne more than 3 of them... I guess it doesn't count as a trilogy, so I had to stick with The Mighty Ducks, though I do fucking love those Bourne movies.

Sleepaway Camp. You think I'm joking? I'm not. The Sleepaway Camp trilogy has provided me with hours upon hours upon hours of sick and twisted joy. The original film was one that I had been hearing about since I was a kid, finally convinced my mother to buy this second-hand VHS for me when I was 10. Scared the shit out of me and I loved it to death for the whole camp-slasher theme.

It wasn't until years later that I discovered the 2nd and 3rd films, which could probably just be considered as one long movie. Totally different from the original film with none of the same cast/crew, they were both released towards the end of the slasher craze in the eighties and they're two of my very favorite slashers. They threw in a lot of humor and turned the character of Angela into almost a female version of Freddy Krueger, spouting off clever one-liners while graphically murdering people. Hilarious and disturbing, the 2nd film in particular is an all time favorite of mine. How can you not love a film in which a person is killed by being drowned in an outhouse shitter? You don't like camp and want to go home? Oh well, take a drill to the face. You want to start rumors about other campers? Here, this guitar string would look nice wrapped around your neck. You want to go off in the woods and do drugs? This is what happens:

[youtube]216OqfA6BNY[/youtube]​

Seriously, I can't describe how much fun these movies are if you're a fan of horror and slashers in particular. You'll be laughing your ass off while simultaneously being disturbed.

Im going with The Fast and Furious's!! All 4 are pretty good movies, obv the 1st is the best after it came out what dude didnt have a man-crush on Vin Diesel?? 2 fast 2 furious was probably the weakest just for simple fact Diesel wasnt in it, Tokyo Drift was definitely off from the first two but once Fast and Furious came out Drift made a lot more sense and the drifting was pretty sweet! Fast and Furious to me was what 2 fast should've been cause of the whole drug lord thing going on, still a good movie though.

I wanted to choose Pirates but someone already did lol, didnt want to just repeat

JMT--- I dont think anyone around our age group has any hate for the Mighty Duck movies, its funny cause they are your typical kid sport movies were the group of misfits end up coming together in an intense come from behind win the big game, with tons of funny shit throughout the movie.

Lord of the Rings.

Fellowship of the Rings is my second most watched movie of all time, and for good reason. It is a fantastic film. That's not all, Two Towers is equipped with one of the greatest war scenes in movies. Then it gets better as The Return of the King is even better, and has an eve better war scene. It itself picked up 13 of those funny looking trophies. Movies have made over a billion dollars, got millions to read the books, some for the first time, some for the first time in 30 years. And has now inspired two prequils.

Sleepaway Camp.

Agreed. My favorite Slasher series of alltime. Even the latest one (Return to Sleepaway Camp) was great. It balances cheese with intrigue perfectly. It keeps your attention the whole way through, but isn't so complicated that you can't keep up while intoxicated. The "shock and awe" moments are kept 'till the end and the build-up makes it all the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back