• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite RPG series?

Best RPG series?

• Breath of Fire

• Chrono (Trigger & Cross)

• Dragon Quest

• Final Fantasy

• "Mana" series

• "Mario RPG" series

• Pokemon

• "Tales of" series

• Other (SPECIFY)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
What is your favorite RPG series and why?

As a big fan of many of the series of RPG's out there I would be interested in hearing what the rest of you guys think. If you picked "other" in the poll then please specify in your post which one you'd pick, and don't forget to include why you picked it.

I'll go first. I may not like the newest games in the series as much, but my favorite series will always be Final Fantasy because of many great memories of playing them while growing up, and the large influence they have had with inspiring parts of my own game.

Pokemon!

I must admit, I loved this game. Red, blue, and yellow were all alright, but they were merely teasers for what was to come with Gold and Silver. I got a hold of Gold from my brother, and didn't put it down until I had all the Pokemon, all the badges, whipped Ash's ass a few times, and was working my way to getting all my monsters to Lv. 100.

Besides Pokemon, I hate all RPGs anyway, so this was a way too easy vote.

Out of the choices on the polls, I'm picking the Mario RPGs. The Mario RPGs were great fun, with unique ideas and lots of humor and classic Mario throwbacks. I love the Mario series anyway, and the fact that they've been made into extremely solid RPGs seals the deal for me.

Dragon Quest.... The series that got me into video rpgs.
Never a series that pushes the envelope. Sticks with the meat and potatoes of old school. No airships,emo heros, or laser guns. Just grinding for exp, normal turn based combat, swords and spellls....the good stuff. Nothing too fancy. I especially like DQ7 and 8(the cel shaded graphics looked incredible,great voices, and Lady Jessica.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back