Favorite ROH Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
What is your favorite ROH match, and why?

Mine would have to be either MCMG vs. The Briscoes, the reason I would say this match is because it is simply one of the best tag matches I have ever seen if not the best, from beginning to end I was hooked, there so many times in this match that I thought it couldn't possibly go any longer and that these guys possibly couldn't have any thing else left, so many great spots, and tons of non-stop action, this match like with most ROH matches really let the talent do what they do best, and the result was an incredible match

What is your favorite ROH match, and why?

Mine would have to be either MCMG vs. The Briscoes, the reason I would say this match is because it is simply one of the best tag matches I have ever seen if not the best, from beginning to end I was hooked, there so many times in this match that I thought it couldn't possibly go any longer and that these guys possibly couldn't have any thing else left, so many great spots, and tons of non-stop action, this match like with most ROH matches really let the talent do what they do best, and the result was an incredible match

Would you mind telling me when that match was. I'm going to flick back through my ROH DVDs and give my opinion on what is the best soon, don't worry. Am I the only one that feels Punk/Joe II is overrated?

Hot damn, I'm Mrs. Sam!!

Would you mind telling me when that match was. I'm going to flick back through my ROH DVDs and give my opinion on what is the best soon, don't worry. Am I the only one that feels Punk/Joe II is overrated?

Hot damn, I'm Mrs. Sam!!

Sabin & Shelley v. Briscoes was a recent match. I believe it happen at Good Times Great Memories back in April.

My all time favorite is Joe/Kobashi because of the crowd...their are so many amazing ROH matches, its too hard to choose just 1.

Low Ki vs KENTA, Final Battle 05...the last ten minutes left my jaw on the floor

everyone goes on and on about MCMGs vs. the Briscoes, and it was good, but i think the Briscoes vs. Claudio Castagnoli & Matt Stydal from Respect is Earned was WAY better

El Generico & Kevin Steen vs. Mike Quakenbush & Jigsaw from Domination has quickly become one of my new favorites

El Generico & Kevin Steen vs. Mike Quakenbush & Jigsaw from Domination has quickly become one of my new favorites

I was there for that match and it was outstanding. That was the first time I had ever seen Quack and Jigsaw and they lived up to their hype. Great pick.

Cide and Corrino at Bitter Friends Stiffer Enimies, a stiff match that is great to watch, espically when Cide slaps Corrino's ear, DAMN. someone already said Joe and Kobashi so i had to think up some thing else. a lot of great ROH matches though. But their fight at BF SE and war of the wire are both just sick STIFF!! matches.

I have been thinking about this since the thread was created and I don't think I can pick one. I have been ROH crazy for the past year, but I still haven't seen enough from the first 3 years to render a decision. If I am forced to pick, it would have to be the McGuiness v. Danielson match from June 9th in Philly. It is being advertised as the main event for the PPV next week. It's a phenomenal match that includes lots of technical wrestling, submission moves and some hardcore elements. It has everything that I need as a fan to consider it a near perfect match.

Some of my faves include the Kaz Hayashi/A.J. Styles match from a few years back (not sure of the event as I downloaded the match). This match was a shining example of what WCW wasted in both men as there were plenty of near falls and the spots were incredible (especially one where they kept striking each other trying to outdo the other's previous attempt and Kaz finishes it was a Van Damme-esque spin kick). I also love the Brian Danielson/Low Ki/Christopher Daniels 3-way dance from 2002, I believe. Amazing example of stiff work with massive creativity. It's the match I used to convince one of my friends of how gargantuanly overrated the WWE is. He understood what I meant less than half way through this match.

Gotta agree with RVDGurl. There's just way too much to choose from. I'm actually more familiar with the first three years of ROH's existence than I am with more recent events, as I have been in Iraq on deployment for most of the past two and a half years, so I guess I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum on this. I won't say it was the very best ROH match ever, but I would say that my fav would be Daniels vs. Low-Ki at the Round Robin Challenge in 02 simply because it was the match that made me obsess over beginning my career as an indy wrestler.

For me it has to be Roderick Strong and Jack Evans vs BJ Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs. It was the first ROH match I saw and that match just blew me away because unlike nothing I had seen in WWE or TNA at the time.

As for the dude who said Joe vs Punk is overrated, I agree. I liked the match, but for all the hype it got, I just don't feel like it lived up to it.

Edit:If anyone hasn't seen Briscoes vs The MCMG, let me know.. I posted the match, so just ask for the link.

I haven't seen The Briscoes vs. The MCMG, send me the link. Or post it. My favourite match, although it probably isn't the best I've ever seen is McGuinness vs. Danielson at Unified. Epic consequences for whoever wins, a great match, and the closest I've come yet to seeing a local crowd at an ROH event. Why did Nigel have to lose? WHHHYYYY!?

IT HAS TO BE Paul London v Michael Shane (ROH Unscripted 'Street Fight') FROM 2002. THIS WAS THE MATCH THAT FOR ME NOT ONLY OPENED MY EYES TO ROH BUT ALSO INTRODUCED ME TO PAUL LONDON. GREAT MATCH AND WITH THE CROWD CHANTING "PLEASE DONT DIE" TO LONDON ADDED TO THE MATCH AS WELL

IT HAS TO BE Paul London v Michael Shane (ROH Unscripted 'Street Fight') FROM 2002. THIS WAS THE MATCH THAT FOR ME NOT ONLY OPENED MY EYES TO ROH BUT ALSO INTRODUCED ME TO PAUL LONDON. GREAT MATCH AND WITH THE CROWD CHANTING "PLEASE DONT DIE" TO LONDON ADDED TO THE MATCH AS WELL

That had a London SSP off the top of the ladder didn't it? If so, yes that match was incredible.

My personal favorite matches are Aries/Danielson 2 out of 3 falls. Aries/Samoa Joe for the ROH World Title. Danielson/James Gibson for the world title. Samoa Joe/Jay Briscoe in a steel cage for the world title. Kenta Kobashi vs Samoa Joe just for the atmosphere. Low Ki vs KENTA for the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title. There's more but that's just off the top of my head.

yep that is the match where london does the ssp from the ladder. if u look at the early stages of ROH paul london was involved in a number of great matches. his matches with styles, american dragon, and samoa joe were all great. its a shame hes being misused in wwe

Favourite ROH match? Man, there are so many. Its like asking what limb I would prefer to lose. Oh well, since theres no single match, I'll just put a few.

Austin Aries vs Bryan Danielson - 2 out of 3 falls match at Testing the Limit

The Briscoes vs Aries and Strong - ROH World Tag Team Titles at Unified

Nigel McGuinness vs Bryan Danielson - ROH World and Pure Championship Unification match - Unified

The Briscoes vs SteenErico - Fifth Year Festival - Philly

Jay Briscoe vs Mark Briscoe - Fifth Year Festival - Finale

Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer - Steel Cage Match at Supercard of Honor II

The Briscoes vs The Murder City Machineguns - ROH World Tag Titles at Good Times, Great Memories

As you can see, I am a fan of good tag team wrestling, and the Briscoes are the team in ROH and for me, have been since early 2006 with some really great matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back