• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite RAW Feud

RkoMachine

Pre-Show Stalwart
So a few days ago i posted a thread asking all of you your favorite smackdown feud...... Now i wanna know your favorite feud from "The A show!" RAW!

This for me was a much harder pick but i finally found my favorite!
HBK vs HHH!

This feud was awesome because of how long the build up was! I mean most of us hardcore wrestling fans that actually watched HBK before his injury didnt even expect him to ever wrestle again. But he came back and started a great feud with the game!

We saw a hell in a cell match, a ladder match, a cage match, a last man standing match, a street fight and soo many more awesome matches out of this feud so to me this one gets the pick

Do you agree with me? if not what is your favorite RAW feud and why?

I would say the Matt Hardy vs Edge fued from 05.

It being a real-life fued added so much drama! Matt getting released, the real-life attacks during Raw, getting rehired by popular demand was what really made it epic!

And the matches were great as well. There was a BRUTAL match at SummerSlam, and great Steel Cage Match, and finally with the Loser Leaves Raw/MITB On The Line Ladder Match.

The feeling and storyline mixed with the real-life situations and great matches overall has made it my Favorite Raw Fued!

my favorite feud on Raw had to be Bret Hart vs Stone Cold... there were 2 weeks of RAW in particular that may have been the best television in wrestling history. I really wish they would come out with a dvd on this feud. The episode where bret was in the ambulance and Austin beat on him some more was just insane. They battled all over the place and it was fun as hell to watch.

For me I am gonna have to choose the Edge vs Matt hardy feud in 2005. Now I know some people are not really big fan's of Hardy, but whether you like him or not you have to admit this Feud was Extremely personal and they had some Great matches.

They had a rather short but really bloody match at Summerslam, then they had a great Street fight where Matt did a side effect to Edge off the stage. They had an Awesome Cage match at Unforgiven, then the feud would end with Edge defeating Matt in a loser leaves RAW MITB ladder match.

Both of the guy's did so well in making the feud seem as realistic as possible, Matt has never been very good on the Mic but that is where Edge came in, He cut some great promo's on Matt. But Matt took the really Big risks and helped make the matches more exciting.

I know it's Hard to pick just 1 great feud from the many years RAW has been on the air, but If I had to choose just one, this would be my pick.

Edge Vs. Matt Hardy for sure. Both these guys put on great matches including the epic Steel Cage Match at Unforgiven I believe. Matt Hardy and Edge were in great shape for this feud and were able to use their real feelings in the feud itself. The feud had real life drama where Matt was fired because of Edge taking Lita from him and Matt came back to RAW to get his revenge on Edge. These two had instant chemistry in their feud and were able to set their differences aside to produce one of the best RAW feuds in history.

I am going to be a broken record here, and say Matt Hardy vs. Edge w/ Lita as the best feud on Raw. Why? Because this wasn't a storyline that was made up, it actually happened. Lita cheating on Matt with Edge, a close friend of Matt Hardy's while Matt was recuperating from an injury. And just when he was ready to come back, the news of the story leaked and Matt Hardy was fired.

We had a Kane vs. Edge w/ Lita feud for a little while, seeing how Lita was 'married' to Kane but left him for Edge. Then out of no where, Matt Hardy attacks Edge during Raw and a back stage a few times. Vince, just smelling the ratings, rehired Matt Hardy. I'm sure he knew he would be heading to Smackdown at one point, but Matt Hardy got his vengeance at Summer Slam, Raw, and Unforgiven. Then in the final match, Matt Hardy lost the MitB Ladder Match, and was sent to Smackdown.

This feud showed that Matt Hardy has what it takes. I enjoyed Matt Hardy's title run as ECW Champion, and I hope one day, he'll be a World Heavyweight Champion. Will it happen? I see Matt Hardy being in the company for at least 5-8 more years. Maybe even more. I can see him winning MitB at least once or becoming number one contender and winning legitimately. As the roster begins to empty out of Undertaker, Kane, Triple H, Big Show, Chris Jericho, and Edge, Matt Hardy will claim the top prize, even if it is only once and for a short time.

Ima keep this short. I need sleep. But I would personally go for Randy Orton vs Mcmahons/HHH. The rivalry was so intense with the punts to shane and vince, and the rko and kiss to steph. And they both delivered AMAZING feud building promos.

I have a few and hopefully when I've listed them I'll have a final answer:

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels. Each match these two had they tore the place down. HBK retired whilst DX was going strong then returned after a short stint as a member of the NWO to in-ring competition, then looked to reform DX before being screwed over by Hunter, sparked an intense feud and one of the greatest of the decade, and some of the greatest matches the two had, even after coming from career threatening injuries.

Edge vs. Matt Hardy. One of the most personal rivalries we ever seen in the past decade, even hearing Matt calling Edge by his real name, and the way it was pulled off on screen was just intense. Great promos, great matches. Made Edge one of the most despised heels we ever seen because we knew it was real.

Edge vs. John Cena. It started with Edge cashing in MITB to win his first WWE Title which sparked off a mini-feud which lasted a month or so before their full-on summer feud, amazing promos which, in one saw Edge slap Cena's father at the Cena home, Edge carried Cena in the matches and although they weren't classics were still great to watch.

Randy Orton vs. John Cena. Although they only faced off in the summer/autumn of '07 once or twice on PPV it was on fire with Orton kicking Cena's dad in the skull while a helpless Cena could only look on in shock, and although it was dragged out slightly in '09 they put on some great matches, the Iron Man match was one of the best matches in 2010 (No 'Taker/HBK but still a top match)

Randy Orton vs. Triple H. Started in '04 over Evolution and for the next five years after that faced each other or feuded with one another. 2009 was the most intense, the beginning of the year kicked off in a huge way with Orton targeting the McMahons, prompting Triple H to get involved, and on-screen Steph being recognised as Hunter's wife first time in a while, despite everyone knowing they were never divorced in the storyline they did once in the Attitude Era. Build-up to 'Mania was great, one of the best build-ups we saw in a while.

My vote goes to Orton vs. Triple H W/McMahons. It was one of the most sporadic feuds we'd seen in the past decade. Granted it was slightly over-done but it was fresh for the start of '09.

I have 2 here:

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon: This feud was amazing. Granted Vince didn't wrestle all that much, and used other guys in his place, it just was the perfect storyline that went on for years.

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock: Come on, biggest rivalry inside the squared circle during the Attitude Era, and when there was only 1 show they feuded on (not counting PPV's.

For me it would have to be HBK vs. Jericho.

It became so "personal", with Jericho even striking HBK's wife, even if it was inadvertant.

It was the first fued in while that stretched out over months that always left you glued to wonder what would happen next in the feud.

And also, being two to performers, every match they had was golden.

Edge vs Matt Hardy. That was an epic feud. The thing that made it even that much better was the fact that it was a real life feud. I was really disappointed when Hardy got released, so when he got rehired I was absolutely elated. They put on some great matches, and I enjoyed their brawls as well. My next choice would have been HHH vs HBK when HBK got attacked and it turned out to be HHH. Their "Unsanctioned" Street Fight was a hell of a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back