• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Phone App?

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
iPhones and other modern phones have a myriad of apps to play around with. No monologue or long list of questions from me in this thread, although that is the style I tend to start threads with. In this thread I just simply want to know what your favorite app for your phone is. It could be a game, but it does not have to be. There is an app for just about everything.

What is your favorite phone application and why? Tell us about it, since some might not be familiar.

Mine is a game called Angry Birds. I like it be because it is a fun yet simple game with very addictive gameplay. The birds get thrown by a slingshot into a construction site where pigs are hiding. Each bird has special powers other than the regular red one. Blue splits into three. Yellow shoots straight ahead like a missile. Black explodes. White throws an exploding egg downward. Green goes into a boomerang styled attack. Finally, the large red bird is just like the red bird only larger and much stronger acting as a cannon ball. Tapping the screen at the right time makes the bird use his special ability if he has one and hitting the pigs clears the level. It is a fun game that I recommend if you have not played yet.

So what's yours?

I'm also gonna have to go with Angry Birds.

That is seriously one of the most addicting games I've played in a while, its about as simple as they come but it is fun as hell and has tremendous replay value. Right now I'm trying to get 3 stars for every level and I'm looking forward to playing Rio although I have only played the demo so far.

It reminds me of other simple games that are addictive like World of Goo where the premise is easy but can be quite difficult to master.

Angry Birds has taken up hours upon hours of my time and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it.

Definitely have to go with the Pandora Internet Radio App. I found this one about a month ago and now I have it on all the time, posting on WZ,reading a book or driving I'm listening to it all the time. It's great because I love getting to set stations with bands I like and then it plays similar music, so I get to hear the stuff I like and find new music at the same time. :blush:

Definitely have to go with the Pandora Internet Radio App. I found this one about a month ago and now I have it on all the time, posting on WZ,reading a book or driving I'm listening to it all the time. It's great because I love getting to set stations with bands I like and then it plays similar music, so I get to hear the stuff I like and find new music at the same time. :blush:

DAMN! I could never get pandora to wrok for some reason. I also dropped my Iphone in a toilet in the Hilton hotel in NYC this past march:lmao:.

I am going to choose:

Voice changer Plus

Changing my voice as well as others was pure fun. The best part however is when I would change the voices of songs when I would record them using the app. It was like making your own music. I got to hear the Nexus theme song like it ghost were siniging it. Too bad every other voice changer especially the ones in my new phone are shitty. I never new what I had until it was gone.

My most used and favorite app on my phone is YouTube. I use it everyday, whether I'm out for a walk or watching it away from home. The thing I don't like about the YouTube app is that it kills your battery quicker.

Another app that I consider a favorite is PDANet. This app allows you to use the internet connection from your phone on your laptop or game system. You would be better off using this app, instead of having an internet connection from a cable company. You basically get a free internet connection with PDANet. I'm also actually using the app to reply to this thread.

There are times that the connection lags though, but it's better than paying and better than nothing...

I'm all about free games, so I always check the app store top 25. A few weeks ago I found a wicked- awesome RPG called Solomon's Keep.

This game sort of resembles an old school Diablo. You start with one of four offensive spells (magic missle, lightning, fireball, and frost jet) but the interesting part is that when you level up, you get to assign a skill point to one of three random options. Eventually you can COMBINE base skills, for example one of my characters had magic missiles, which are heat seeking and can be upgraded to fire eight at a time, and combined that with frost jet to create a spell that fired eight tracking ice balls that slowed the targets on impact. SICK!

The subskills make it possible to do a "pure" character as well. My main character (You can have up to three, and there's a magical cabinet that allows transfer of magic items between characters!) is pure lightning, but with subskills the lightning chains to five additional enemies, has a stun chance and summons a storm that fills the whole screen and does additional damage.

Oh, and the tower floors are randomly generated which adds a whole lot to the replayability of Solomon's Keep. Needless to say, I love gaming, especially top notch games that are free. Anyone have any free games that they mark out this bad for?

Oh, I do love apps. I love games, social networking apps, music apps, news apps, etc... However, one app is on my most used list:

VLC Media Player: VLC media player is the port of the popular PC and MAC application to view videos on the computer (an alternative to quicktime or windows media player, if you will). It was actually pulled from the app store for breaking the rules. Basically, what it does is let the iPhone play videos of any format without having to convert or anything. I use it a lot on the go, for watching movies, tv shows (like Breaking Bad, Nikita, etc...) and videos I've taken on my camera.

It's a shame that it was pulled but you can still download it from a jailbroken phone, I think. It may not be the best app in the World but, it beats out Angry Birds, Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja, DrawRace and Shazam due to the simple fact that it is productive as hell! I use it all the time, and it works to perfection. Great, great app!

Infinity Blade. Probably one of my favorite games to play on the iPhone due to the fact that just by looking at it, you tend to forget that you're playing a game on a mobile device as the graphics make it look like you're playing on a console. Granted, the gameplay is actually very repetitive but hey most mobile games are. One of my favorite things about Infinity Blade is that fact that you can customize your character's look with a variety of armor and weapons and make him your own. It kinda gives you a sense of actually being immersed in the game itself, I guess. I think it's about five or six bucks but I think it's an app that sets the bar for mobile gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back