Favorite Original ECW Moment/Match

pun2003hh

BUILDING KICK!!! EXPLOSIONS!!!
This is more of an extension of my earlier thread, What moment got you into wrestling. I was watching an old ECW tape a few days ago, and just remembered the good old days, where ECW entertained and shocked you on a weekly basis. (I live in NJ, so we always got the ECW TV shows, though it was mostly at 3am on the MSG network)

So what is your favorite ECW moment. For me, well, I just have 3 words for you. Taipei Death Match. Gruesome, almost sickening, yet strangely enchanting. Those images have been burned in my head forever.

ECW! ECW! What a unique company with many great aspects besides the whole "garbage" wrestling reputation. On with the moments.

Taz- I completely mark for this guy. Everything he did was intense and he truly proved something in the ring. From his promos to giving the much larger Bam Bam Bigelow a t-bone tazplex. One, if not the, of wrestling's most underrated wrestler. Not only could he wrestle hardcore, but also mat wrestling and shoot wrestling as well. It's a crying shame that he is rotting away in WWE doing commentary and looking like a chubby old man.

Rob Van Dam's high flying- When I saw Van Dam leap from the top turnbuckle into the crowd on Bam Bam Bigelow it blew me away. It defied the laws of physics. I also liked when he was in the "I don't respect you" feud with Sabu.

There's many many more, but I must go so I'll post more later.

While I love the idea of this thread, it's impossible to answer! I am such an ECW nut that just about every moment in the 7 years of existence was amazing. The company did so many revolutionary things for the business. Some of my favorites:

Crucifixion of the Sandman - One of the most controversial angles every presented in wrestling history. This was a great spot that generated so much heat. Raven and Sandman deserve so much credit for coming up with this one.

Sandman goes blind - Another revolutionary concept in wrestling history. The cameras follow Sandman to the back and the world sees the good guys and bad guys show concern for the Sandman who was just blinded by Tommy Dreamer. One of many concepts that Bischoff and McMahon would borrow from ECW.

Douglas denounces the NWA belt - I still get chills to this day when I watch this segment. The best promo guy in history ushers the greatest wrestling company in history into existence.

I'm with RVDgurl, There are so many! I am a child of HARDCORE! as many know! There are so many matches from: Sabu vs. RVD Stretcher Match was great, Sabu Vs. Terry Funk Barbed Wire was the Greatest thing I've ever seen! Terry Funk Vs. Sandman Vs. Stevie Rchards [Winner gets title shot at Raven] I always thought was one of the greatest matches ever, most underrated match ever! Mike Awesome Vs. Spike Dudley, thought Spike was going to die, I could go on for days!

Moments: Shane Douglas throwing the NWA title down and starting ECW is top 2. if not number 1! Sabu shows up to confront Tazz is top 5 with Beulah McGillicutty saying she is having Dreamers kid to Raven and Terry Funk winning the Title from Raven, but probably number one was the invasion angle where Jerry Lawler came in after Dreamer finally beat Raven, and beat him up with Sabu, RVD, and Bill Alfonso, taking on the whole locker room until Tazz comes out....AHHHHHHHHHH.....So good! =( I miss ECW!

Without a doubt, Taz vs. Bam Bam at Heat Wave. Just finished watching it again now, it's the best ECW match I've ever seen.

How can anyone not say the Born to be Wired barbed wire match with Sabu and Terry Funk not the best moment in ECW?? When they promote it as being TOO extreme for ECW, and it actually lived up to that hype. But I can understand other moments as well: The return of RVD, Mike Awesome vs. Tazz (first time a contracted WCW wrestler fought a contracted WWE star) and Tommy Dreamer ("contracted" ECW star) winning the ECW title. Jerry Lawler invading the Bingo Hall. New Jack....being New Jack. everything that ECW was all about

Granted I wasn't able to see much ECW as I was one of those markets where it was on once in awhile at about 3am on a friday once every 6 weeks, but I have seen quite a bit of footage. By far and away my favorite was Dreamer finally beating Raven. Dreamer being the true symbol of ECW winning that match was almost a metaphor for ECW being able to rise to the top and compete with the big two. Great ending to what in my mind was the greatest feud of all time.

I loved the RVD vS Jerry Lynn matches as they were all great. I was huge fan of Taz and Shane Douglas and the Triple Threat when it was with Bam Bam and Chris.My favorite moment would be the Jerry Lawler storyline as it made ECW look a bit legit.

That match at ONS was funny as Rey kept getting booed and I love the fact that New York did it again at the rumble as Rey is sucking now, but I remember the first thing I notice and thought about ECW,

1. RVD looks like Jean Claude Van Damn
2. ECW is real, and WCW and WWF is fake.

Err...Yeah I forgot about that one Jake.

Rey isn't sucking Collins. It's just WWE makes him look like he sucks with that good guy shit.

Err...Yeah I forgot about that one Jake.

Rey isn't sucking Collins. It's just WWE makes him look like he sucks with that good guy shit.

Maybe cuz I'm bored as hell with Rey and thinks the guy has the same match every night. ECW ONS fans were right to boo him as he is not the same and I hope more fans turn on him, I understand the whole kid thing, but Rey is not he same. He needs a edge.

Meh, I agree. He's boring nowadays but so is everyone in WWE at the moment except Kennedy and MVP but look at Kelly's quote in my sig.

Meh, I agree. He's boring nowadays but so is everyone in WWE at the moment except Kennedy and MVP but look at Kelly's quote in my sig.
The WWE has three guys who can be big who got charisma, wrestling skills and mic ability:

Mr. Kennedy
MVP
Elijah Burke

Yet they push Mark Henry?

The WWE's problem is they keep pushing older talent instead of building new. Fucking idiots. Triple H and HBK for example, it seems these two jackoffs are always in the way of something.

The WWE's problem is they keep pushing older talent instead of building new. Fucking idiots. Triple H and HBK for example, it seems these two jackoffs are always in the way of something.

Triple H is the future boss and no matter how much of the bible HBK reads, he is still the same asshole. I mean Triple H and HBK have to learn that if they don't make any new stars then they are going to lose business. I'll give credit to Trips who did make Orton and Batista, but it didn't hurt the two of them being friends with Trips.

While I can't think of no one that HBK made?

TAZ AND BAM BAM GO THOURGH THE RING-Just one amazing moment.Nobody saw it coming.Everybody went nuts after it.I also seem to rember another match where they went thourgh the Entracne Ramp!

[QUOTE
TAZ AND BAM BAM GO THOURGH THE RING-Just one amazing moment.Nobody saw it coming.Everybody went nuts after it.I also seem to rember another match where they went thourgh the Entracne Ramp!][/QUOTE]

That was at Heatwave 1998 in my view that was one of ECW's best PPV if not there best. It had brawling, street fight, chain wrestling, high flying. Looking back at that card its so stacked its nuts. And in my view it has one of the top 10 tag matches of all time with Sabu and RVD vs Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinzaki.

As for my favorite ECW moments, pretty much anything they did. Im a huge mark for them.

Interesting...favorite ORIGINAL ECW moment? Hmm...well there are a few that come to mind...

1. Steve Austin making fun of Hulk Hogan
2. Brian Pillman showing up on ECW tv, and trying to piss all over the place.
3. The Kimona striptease....need I say more???
4. ANY of the RVD/Jerry Lynn matches...those matches defined wrestling!
5. Shane Douglas denouncing the NWA title
6. Bam Bam Bigelow and Tazz going through the ring

I'm sure there's more, but I'll get to those at a later time...

Hoping this thread starts back up. I was surfing through Youtube and came across a video of Dreamer facing the Dudleys for the tag titles right before they left to WWE. They set Dreamer up for the 3D, he ends up dropping D-Von in a DDT and then out of nowhere fucking Raven (returning for the first time since his multi year stint in WCW) jumps in the ring and nails Buh Buh Ray with the DDT, pinning him and winning the Tag titles for himself and Dreamer. Watching Dreamer's face when he turned around and realized what happened, classic. Absolutely classic.

I'm going to say one of my favorite ECW moments in when Sandman was on his knees in front of his son and Raven just creamed him with the singapore cane. Then his son stood there doing the Raven pose.Epic.
But there are way to many moments that stand out to me, like for example what about the The Eliminators and Joey Styles shouting out ELIMINATION!!!!!

Classic.

I'm going to say one of my favorite ECW moments in when Sandman was on his knees in front of his son and Raven just creamed him with the singapore cane. Then his son stood there doing the Raven pose.Epic.
But there are way to many moments that stand out to me, like for example what about the The Eliminators and Joey Styles shouting out ELIMINATION!!!!!

Classic.

Pretty much any Total Elimination looked f'n brutal. It really was one of the more innovative Tag Team Finishers, right up there with the 3D. I remember vividly when they nailed Francine with it, you would have almost believed she was going to be split it two (no pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back