Favorite MegaMan Series?

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now, I don't know if you all know this, but I am a Rockman (MegaMan) mark. The series has gone through so many stellar iterations, but I believe that some stand out more than others. I want to know what you think!

My favorite is, hands down, Rockman.EXE [MegaMan Battle Network]. The gameplay, story, and overall fun of the game is just fantastic. It's the first game that really and truly sucked me into the fandom. My brother just randomly bought the second one, and I so wanted to play it. When he finally let me, it was breathtaking. The music, the style, the gameplay. Simply sublime.

My second favorite is the criminally underrated Rockman DASH [MegaMan Legends] series. This series should be looked at by developers on how to successfully translate a 2D series to 3D. It had the feel of a MegaMan game with a fun story, amusing dialogue, memorable characters, and a great feel. Kobuns are still some of the greatest henchmen the world has ever seen.

Those are my picks. What are yours?

I'm a HUGE Blue Bomber mark. I grew up with him. As for my favorite of his series, well I have to say the classic series. It laid the foundation for all Megaman games. I used to spend countless hours with my dad playing Megaman 6 not to mention how cool Megaman 8 looked. To this day, my GameCube see's the light of day just because I still play the Anniversary Collection.

As a strong second, I say the Battle Network series, specifically Battle Network 4. It won me over. The replay value was huge, replaying the story and it would be so different from the last playthrough.

I also like the X series but the fact that it was so difficult to play really took away, don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, but sometimes it was ridiculous. I would be killed nearly at the end of a stage and i would have to start basically from the beginning all over. As for the Legends series unfortunately I haven't played it. I heard they were gonna pass it to PSP so I'll keep an eye out.

Oh some love for the Blue Bomber, easily the most kickass character in all of Videogamedom. Sonic, Mario, Link, Crash, Chief, Kratos, all little scum to the power of megamans Mega Blaster.

As far as my favorite series, easily the original 2-D side scrolling series. The games were so damn innovative and fun with the entire paper, rock, scissors mentality of boss fights. I owned all 6 for the NES, own 8 for the PS, and bought the Collector's addition for the XBox. A game that is damn near impossible to beat, Mega Man 9.

A close second would be Mega Man X, even though 've only made it through the first four. You want to talk about a video game series that pisses you off with brutal difficulty, Mega Man X is it.

Emulators, which ones do you recommend?

PlayStation: ePSXe. I downloaded it yesterday along with the MegaMan Legends 2 ISO but haven't had a chance to test it. ePSXe is widely considered the top PSX emulator out there.

GameBoy Advance: VisualBoyAdvance. Hands down, I've tried many but VBA is the best.

Genesis: If you have a modded PS2 (or an Action Replay Max), you can run PGEN on it. I haven't used any Genesis emulators other than that one, so I'm not sure what the best PC would be.

SNES: zSNES is the one I've used in the past. I'm not sure if there's a better one out there but zSNES works for me.

N64: Project64 is absolutely fantastic. You might have to download different video plugins for your machine, however.

...Wow, now I want to start an emulation thread.

Ive never played any of the series but ill take this as a recomandation and play them on what ever consoles ive got that there on. lets hope i can find the games in the game shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back