Favorite drum beat in a song

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Similiar to the Favorite Beat in a rap/hip-hop song i did but with drums​

[youtube]x2KRpRMSu4g[/youtube]​

I've always wanted to learn how to play the drums and because of that I always pay attention to the drums in any given song I'm listening to and out of all of them this is my favorite.

Don't get me wrong it's a great song in general and high up on my lists of favorites but the drum beat just sticks out for me as soon as it starts (about 1 min into the song) an I find myslef concentrating on the drums more than the lyrics )which are also great).

a close second goes to Lars Ulrich from Metallica

Dang I wish i had access to youtube where im at, but im sure people would look it up when they felt like it, One of my favorite drum beats is in the ONLY dragonforce song I like My Spirit Will Go On, just a nice fast paced, get your adrenaline pumping drum sound. Listen to that song a lot when im at the gym. I do not know that much about drum though.

One other is by All That Remains in one of their most well known songs This Calling as soon as the lead singer Phil screams the drums just explode into double bass. I mainly like really fast metal paced drum beats. Ive heard plenty though that are amazing in more slow tempo songs, wont get that much into it just giving my views on what drum beats I like

[YOUTUBE]mhTRhAX_QBA[/YOUTUBE]

It's not exactly a DRUM beat but it's the only percussion in the song. Has their ever been a catchier drum beat. Stomp, stomp, clap. That's essentially all it is but once it's in your head that's it for the night. Doesn't hurt that it's sang by Freddie Mercury.

[YOUTUBE]_98Gyg1er-k[/YOUTUBE]
Honestly lars is why I started drumming, as i've said before, this was my first drumming song. I love the way lars plays, slow and methodical. His drum playing in this song for me makes the song. The guitars are great but the drumming make it for me.

[YOUTUBE]LoUzDxJI_Tg[/YOUTUBE]
I love vinnies use of double bass in this song. To be honest i do believe this was the first song i ever herd double bass on. The song that kind of pushed me now to learn doublebass. You don't have to play 300 bpm to make a good double bass push and this song proved it.

[YOUTUBE]QKjgpTis0Vo[/YOUTUBE]

Another great drummer, Vietk is dead now. He started playing when he was 13 for this band and died in a tour bus accident. The double bass throught the whole song is just insaine lmfao. I've seen pics of this dudes calves and its no wonder why he can play that fast for that long, he's got fucking tree trunks for legs.

[YOUTUBE]eDSSqAF-VdU[/YOUTUBE]

1349, god I love Frost. He's an amazing drummer. Not their best song. But i really do love the beginning black metal staple blast beat. Anyone who thinks that blast beats are easy to play. Lmfao that will be all.

[YOUTUBE]_xEYz74bMHA[/YOUTUBE]

And one final drum beat. The art of dying by gojira, I love this song for the simple fact that they use a drum core from someware to play traditional drums during the begining. Not the mention the awsome playing in the whole song by their drummer Mario.

[YOUTUBE]
naPvZ3pggkI[/YOUTUBE]

(If you can't see it I swear Milenko I followed your directions. I'm such a fkn noob with videos) "Persona" by Blue Man Group

I've always had a fascination with Blue Man Group. They're genuinely creative. This was the song that kind of got me into them. And all thanks to that drum beat. I know the video is rather long, but to me it's worth it.

I don't know about an overall beat but when I think of drums in a rock song, the one part that always comes to mind is the part Phil Collins plays just before the final section of "In The Air Tonight". I wonder how many kids growing up in the '80s like I did decided to pick up the drums because of that part? I didn't but I bet others might have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back