Favorite Beat in a Rap/Hip-Hop song

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Every rap song has a beat to it some good some not so good. Do you have a song where the beat sticks out more than the lyrics?

For me it's The Real Slim Shady

[youtube]GX-PA_0C5go[/youtube]

i don't know what it is about it but when I listen to this song i find myself listening to the beat more than the Lyrics especially when I'm high. There's more but this is at the top of the list.

My favorite beat has to be Dr. Dre's beat in 50 Cent's "In Da Club". Back in 2003 you couldn't turn on the tv, or radio and not hear this song. The beat to this just hit so hard. 50 isn't the best rapper but this song is one of my favoirtes mainly because of the beat. 50 can try to recreate this magic but nothing he will ever do, will top this.the beat seriously gives me some chills. Great song. Best beat ever.
[YOUTUBE]RabOtTzUZ4E&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

The best beat in a rap song is "Who Not Me" by Ludacris. Nothing else even comes close. When I am looking for what the best BEAT is, then I look at the beat alone and completely ignore the lyrics. The best beats would fit fine as instrumentals. "Who Not Me" has the best beat of any rap song because it's incredibly catchy and would be just as good if the song were an instrumental.

[YOUTUBE]SelKvv8kRhE[/YOUTUBE]

I love the beat in Tupac's song "All Eyes on Me." It really sets the tone for the whole double album.

Dre's "Forgot About Dre" also has an incredible beat. Definitely can stand on its own.

My favourite beat to rap song would have to be
Lil Wayne - A Milli
Some peeps might disagree but you know the beats sick.

After a couple of times the song gets played
its highly annoying

Edit: I just read the first post, I wouldn't say that the beat sticks out more than the lyrics as much as these are some of my favourite beats I can think of.

I know about a million will come to my mind straight after posting this, but one that immediately comes to mind is a relatively new one, Big Boi's Shutterbugg. That is sick!

[YOUTUBE]iDptfIkSeCA[/YOUTUBE]

Tinchy Stryder's Game Over track has a beautiful beat too. One of the songs of the year I'd have to say, features Giggs, Pro Green, Tinie Tempah, Devlin, Example and Chipmunk-if you haven't heard any UK hip-hop (I wouldn't say this song was all grime) then this isn't a bad first song to listen to.

[YOUTUBE]eU30h-sArLM[/YOUTUBE]

Another favourite that I'm not going to justify is the classic JME and Tempz song, CD is Dead.

[YOUTUBE]w8zE44mUBJU[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome thread!

Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five- The Message

[YOUTUBE]O4o8TeqKhgY[/YOUTUBE]

Probably one of the first rap songs ever, it has a very funky beat (which I like) is kind of mellow and helps compliment the rapping.

"I am not a human Being" by lil' Wayne. The beat to this song is fucking sick.Probably Weezy's best track in awhile IMO.

The other song I'm thinking of is "Locked Up" by Akon. I find his voice very annoying, but the beat to this song is excellent.There is a remix with someone rapping (I can't remeber who though) which makes it so much better, but regardless,no voice could kill that beat.

Just like Alex, I'm gonna go a little old school with my pick. By far my favorite beat in any rap song ever would be from "Mind Playing Tricks On Me" by the Geto Boys. This is one of the smoothest songs I've ever heard (it didn't hurt that they sampled Isaac Hayes), despite the subject matter of the lyrics. Overall, a great song with an incredible beat.

There are so many I could pick for this thread, I tend to like rap songs for the beat more than the lyrics. Here are just a few of my favourites.

[YOUTUBE]PaY1ygh3nt8[/YOUTUBE]

Just pure gangsta, nothing else you can say really!

[YOUTUBE]VWL5TgjwCL8[/YOUTUBE]

Again, 100% gangsta. This is how I like my rap. Snoop is awesome on this track too

[YOUTUBE]LCcHstWCMio[/YOUTUBE]

One of Pac's greatest tracks in my opinion. I heard this years ago and was made up when it turned up on his "Pac's Life" album almost completely untouched. Great beat

Eminem's Want to be famous has the beast beat for a rap song. (at the moment) Every tie I here this song it get's me pumped up. No matter how sad or busy I am this song get's me pumped up and hypo.

[YOUTUBE]OVudGTt0MDE[/YOUTUBE]

Can't forget about this one, an absolutely classic beat from the master himself, Dr Dre. Everyone knows this song, it is a rap classic.

[YOUTUBE]U25nsH_ebEk[/YOUTUBE]

The song that first got me into The Game. Great threatening beat that signals what Game is all about, straight up gangsta from probably my favoruite rapper going today

I can't believe I forgot about Cham!

[YOUTUBE]TV2CNbA_VIc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]OgMFwKLfDlk[/YOUTUBE]

Definitely one of my favourite albums of all time, the beats are crazy! These are probably my two favourites of the album, but I could have chose any and they'd be classic, Turn It Up is sick too.

Kind of expected picks since so many people on this site are so young. So I figure I'll throw out some ones not so typical.

[youtube]c6EkJCfS5Pc[/youtube]
This is one of Diddy and hip hop best sample beats. Using the ''Going the distance'' song from Rocky, This is poetry in hip hop.

[youtube]3TGD05OVCAw[/youtube]
Dj U-neel, Raps most under rated and under appreciated producers uses the Eternal champions theme to his advatage for Bones song.

[youtube]4N1bIfAlBPc[/youtube]
A basic yet HARD beat by Rza for Raekwon. The loop is easy, but distinguishable as only Rza beats are.

[youtube]utfjL7em8bc[/youtube]
And the best use of a sample of the entire decade. The Beatnuts, No escapin this from 2001.

Everytime I see this thread I want to post more on here! I've been listening to some older stuff recently, and came across some things I haven't heard in a while.

[YOUTUBE]HjNTu8jdukA[/YOUTUBE]
Just completely memorable, Slick Rick is a master storyteller (no pun intended there) but the beat of this song just makes it stick out more than most of the rest of TGAoSR album. Incredible.

[YOUTUBE]isumZjs3dKA[/YOUTUBE]
I've heard all of the Wu albums, but this is still probably my favourite song by the group of all time. Best video of all time? Possible. But that beat is classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back