• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fatal 4 Way changed To Capitol Punishment

ugotpwned999

I Can See You... MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH
I apoligise if this thread has been made already. I just couldn't it if it has.

Cineplex Odeon Theaters is reporting that WWE has changed the name of its "Fatal 4-Way" PPV to "Capitol Punishment."

What do you think about the name change?. I for one am happy that WWE are getting rid of a pointless gimmick PPV. They probably could've thought of a better name then 'capitol punishment' but hopefully this is a sign of things to come and they will get rid of gimmick PPV's altogether.

So what does everybody think about the change?? Do you like it? Hate it? What?

like the idea about it but not crazy about the name its kinda stupid Icould understand it if it was dc or a state captiol but other than that it doesnt make sense a better name would be end of the line or punishment day i dont know that sounds better than captiol punishment

like the idea about it but not crazy about the name its kinda stupid Icould understand it if it was dc or a state captiol but other than that it doesnt make sense a better name would be end of the line or punishment day i dont know that sounds better than captiol punishment

Or, hey, here's a good one. Armaggedon! Punishment Day? That just sounds... ridiculous. Lol. I'm actually not against Capitol Punishment. I'm assuming it IS in DC, although I may be mistaken. Someone want to confirm or deny that? I'm sure they COULD have thought of a better name for it. Hell, even the old PPV names they haven't used in awhile. Fully Loaded, anyone?

I much prefer it to fatal four way as a title. Naming a ppv after the main match (eg elimination chamber, hell in a cell) makes the ppv a bit annoying because the match isn't being used for any other reason than its stated in the title. This way anything could happen at capitol punishment, it would be a reason to watch.

Lol what is it with people and nitpiking about things such as names for PPV's?:banghead: Does it really matter? Hell no, unless TNA and WWE start copying names for their respective PPV's. For all i care it could be name Anachy and Mayem and i still would not care.

Not a fan of the name, I hate the PPV Gimmick names, and F4W is no exception. Capitol Punishment just doesn't sound like it fits in with the other WWE PPVs

Lol what is it with people and nitpiking about things such as names for PPV's?:banghead: Does it really matter? Hell no, unless TNA and WWE start copying names for their respective PPV's. For all i care it could be name Anachy and Mayem and i still would not care.

It's not so much the names, it's the fact it means the has to be at least one of x gimmick match, which often cheapens the gimmick because they just feel the need to put on the match because they have to rather then it being appropriate.

The name to be honest sucks! Fatal-four-way was also a bad name too. But this name seems to suggest this PPV will take place in the nation's captial. Since I know that won't happen, and I know this will likely be a bad/throw away PPV, the name just like this PPV sucks!

It's not so much the names, it's the fact it means the has to be at least one of x gimmick match, which often cheapens the gimmick because they just feel the need to put on the match because they have to rather then it being appropriate.

Ok maybe, but even then why should i care? They chose a name thats it thats all, they can still put the fatal 4 way match it doesn't really change anything for me.

I like it. It sound SO much better and creative then Fatal 4 way, I wish they brought back the PPV they had in 08 that wern't so....gimmicky. (Of course they should replace the gimmick PPV w/ the older ones, NOT add more.) Hopfully this is a sign of things to change, and the WWE showing some creativity with its PPV's. Wish they bring back backlash, Armaggedon, No way out,etc. they sounded more interresting than Fatal 4 way, Elimation Chamber, TLC. Though Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania are good as they currently named.

I wouldve liked them to return a past non-gimmick ppv like vengeance, the bash or judgment day rather give it a stupid name like "Capitol Punishment". Just because its being hosted in Washington DC doesnt mean you have to name it in context. What next, "Miami Mayhem" when they host a ppv in Miami?, "Texas Turmoil" when they host a ppv in Texas?

" CAPITOL PUNISHMENT" i don't get any idea except it is in DC .................. MAYBE they may have a few gimmick matches otherwise this name sounds pretty annoying to me though i must watch the weeks leading up to this that's only way we figure out what is this all about!!!!!!!

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE THE END!!!! SAID SO

The name of a PPV should not be taken so seriously.

I think aslong as they keep the names Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, Summer Slam and Survivor Series, then they can do whatever with the other PPV's. A name has no bearing on the quality of a match. John Cena vs Sheamus in the tables match at TLC would have been exactly the same had it had been named Extreme Rules.

The name of a PPV generally should not matter.

It's a generic sounding PPV, not unlike Backlash or Vengeance or any of the other old PPVs from back in the day. Who gives a shit? They did it because Fatal 4Way was a total failure and they didn't want to have to put on another PPV where they were bound to featuring matches that don't draw. No one is going to label that as must watch tv and they probably would think of it more as a "can do without" show.

Capitol Punishment at least has a bit of intrigue and they aren't forced into putting on gimmick matches just because the title dictates it. This way, they can at least just continue the programs with original stuff instead of forcing gimmicks into it.

To be honest, I find it somewhat refreshing. I cant really recall any Vengeance,Judgment Day etc. from a given year just by hearing the name and year of the event being mentioned. Nothing really sets them apart. Thats strictly from a name point of view. Which leads me to my next point...

For ages now it seems people have been complaining about these so-called gimmick PPV's. Well this allows Creative a little more, um, Creativity!! They wont have to stuff 3 Fatal 4-ways onto a card now, the appeal of the gimmick becomes diluted when you see it more than once on the same show...

And look, strictly speaking, once they're not tinkering with The Big Four its all good in the hood. If they're going to try something new, let it be with a B-level show. I do think Bragging Rights and Survivor Series should be combined though, they're basically the same thing, one month apart!!

Just on a side note, the original No Way Out in 1998 was officially called No Way Out of Texas, which I thought was pretty froot. A nice touch which I'm sure made fans in attendance feel pretty important. Capitol Punishment is actually a clever play on words also, so I like it.

Honestly, the names were fine before. The gimmick names not only sound lame, but more importantly, as others have mentioned, a PPV around a gimmick actually cheapens the gimmick. Now we know when HIAC is gonna be held, so what's the big deal about the match. Did anyone really believe that CM Punk/Taker in HIAC was a legit HIAC match?

The worst thing was the almost-ending of Survivor Series, a legendary PPV where among other things, Undertaker debuted and defeated Hogan a year later.

Not realy a fan of the new name I get it's a pun because it is in DC but really what is the point of it it sounds like the name of a TNA ppv

To quote Shakespeare "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." Its the substance of the PPV that matters not the title. But I am willing to bet that it will sell a lot more in D.C.

Fatal Four Way was an awful name so any change in my opinion is a good thing. I hate the gimmick PPV names they're about as stock and dull as it gets and FFW was one of the worst ones so I'm happy about it.

I think they should have kept Fatal-Four Way and renamed Over The Limit to Capital Punishment. Fatal-Four Way wasn't really that bad of a gimmick PPV and those matches are usally good. John Cena will probably be defending the WWE title in a last chance match or Loser Leaves Raw match against The Miz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back