Fastlane: general discussion

Discussion in 'WWE Discussion' started by Psykohurricane55, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's the last ppv before wrestlemania and it's probably were we will get a good indication of what the mania card will look like. So how excited are you for fastlane. Just post any thought you have about this event here.

2. Spencesc11

Spencesc11 Getting Noticed By Management

Problem with Fastlane and previously named PPV's before Mania is they're far to predictable. I get that the 2 titles who get their match decided at Rumble but if a champion is going to defend it has to be somewhat legitimate. Like Rousey vs. Riott at Elimination Chamber??? And then she beats her again the next night on Raw??? What was the point other than to bury Ruby and the Riott Squad for months. I would add a #1 contender matches for both titles that don't include the Rumble winners. Imagine if you had Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston for the WWE Title at fastlane and the winner faces the winner of the match between AJ Styles and Randy Orton. Then you got some build up and some drama. Same as the Women's Smackdown Title. Let's say Asuka faces Mandy Rose for the Title at Fastlane and the winner faces the winner of Alexa Bliss & Natalyia at Mania. That would at least add some suspense to an otherwise boring predictable PPV. Just my opinion but if WWE is going to have a PPV every month there needs to be a story told. But this year's fastlane looks like one you could miss. Kofi isn't beating D. Bryan and no way he's in the WWE Title Match at Mania.

3. Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686 Mid-Card Championship Winner

I tend to agree, but there's always a chance. Remember, people said the EXACT same thing about Eddie Guerrero in 2004.

4. Spencesc11

I hope your right. If WWE wants to avoid guys leaving for AEW they better start pushing more of there stars instead of the same ones year in and year out. Kingston deserves the big push with all he's done over the years.

5. Psykohurricane55

Staff Member Moderator

But with eddie guerrero thing, you pretty much knew he was winning the belt and going to mania as champion because Lesnar wrestling Goldberg at mania that year and it wasn't a well keep secret that Goldberg was leaving after mania so there was no way that goldberg vs lesnar was going to be a title match.

But as far as Kofi is concern, why not try something different, i think he's been the workhorse of the company for a long time now and while i don't see him getting the title fastlane, if they decide to change plans for mania i actually wouldn't mind it. At less it would beat having to watch bryan vs Owens again.

6. Aquaman6686

In hindsight, everyone says it was obvious Eddie was winning. But watching it live, nobody REALLY thought he was beating Brock Lesnar. We figured anything could happen, like a screwy finish where the title was vacated due to interference from Goldberg, WWE pulling a swerve and having Brock/Goldberg be for the title, anything. Eddie actually pinning Lesnar for the title was a shocking moment, although to this day it bothers me that they had to have Goldberg interfere.

7. JoeMallard

JoeMallard Getting Noticed By Management

Bryan vs Owens never happened...

8. Psykohurricane55

Staff Member Moderator

This is the rumored plans for mania according to dave meltzer. So personally, i rather See Kofi vs Bryan at mania then another Bryan vs Owens match.

9. Psykohurricane55

Staff Member Moderator

What i would love to see and this is just a personal thing is for owens to win by dq because of interference by kofi. Which would set up a triple threat match at mania between owens, kofi and bryan.

Then just as kofi is about to win the title owens comes in a screw kofi out of the title and wins the championship and you have a summer long redemption storyline for kofi leading up to summerslam where he finally beats owens for the title.

The reason i would love to see owens win the title first is mostly a selfish one since wwe is coming to montreal for raw and smackdown a week after mania, i would love to be there to witness the hero's welcome the owens would get in his home province if he was wwe champion. That moment would be on the same level as hogan returning to montreal after wrestlemania 18.

10. Greg

Greg Dark Match Jobber

This PPV is too predictable but some surprises may happened. With Asuka injured, shey might drop the belt to Mandy Rose as few weeks ago an article came out that WWE wants to push Mandy Rose. I think that Sami Zayn will cost KO the match VS Bryan. Dont know why but Asuke does not connect with fans so the best option right now is to put that belt on Mandy's waist.

Then we may see a triple threat on smackdown live between Kofi vs KO, vs Zayn for Bryan's #1 contender at WM35 with Kofi winning. I really thought that by this time Andrade was going to be in the wwe title picture but it may work if they have Andrade winning the US title at WM.

11. Aquaman6686

Andrade is a million miles away from being in the WWE Championship picture. Rookies do not belong in competition for the top title. If anything there should be a rule that a wrestler needs to be on the main roster for a minimum of two years before they can compete for the WWE Championship.

12. Spencesc11

Thinking WWE is listening to the fans. We get Charlotte vs. Becky and The Shield reunion. Clearly there was some concern over the light card going into the event. These 2 matches make Fastlane must see for sure now.

13. JoeMallard

JoeMallard Getting Noticed By Management

Another stupid comment from this moron...

14. Aquaman6686

Pushing rookies to the main event scene immediately is why WWE fails to build new stars. Just because you're too moronic to comprehend this fact, doesn't make it less true.

15. pbancroft32

pbancroft32 Dark Match Winner

should they go to the top straight away no your right but actually putting 2 year time scale on it is stupid if someone gets over in 6 months is performing well enough and is over then why not but yes they shouldnt come up today and get the title tomorrow every now and then there are exception to the rule (AJ lee)

16. Greg

Greg Dark Match Jobber

Andrade is more than ready. One of the best in ring performers is that guy. What about Del Rio? The guy is pushed to the top in less than 2 years. Why they cant do the same with Andrade? If creative really is planning on turning Andrade a face then he should be taking on Joe for the US belt, or have the 2 brand MITB and have Andrade win it for smackdown, then Mcintyre win it for Raw

17. Psykohurricane55

Staff Member Moderator

His match with rey as been put on the Kickoff while the Raw tag title match is on the main card, that should tell you what they truly think about Andrade plus he's the one that got beat on smackdown last night in the US title match, not R-truth so that another indication that they really don't have a lot of faith in him at the moment.