Fable II

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Just got the game today and I've taken ol' Petey's advice of "being myself", rather than going out of my way to be good or evil.

After slaving over a hot anvil (i.e. doing that blacksmith minigame for ages) I went and bought the best of everything I could find - the finest, poshest clothes, the most attractive hair and beard, the best weapons (for now) - an iron longsword and the best rifle he had, the best-placed house and the best furniture (if it doesn't say "luxury" in front of it, I'll not have it in my house). Now all I need is a hot wife. I've tried proposing to women but I keep sending them home accidentally after they accept; I take them to my house like I'm told but then I can't press A or anything. Help would be appreciated.

During the start I did all good - and got an achievement for it. Nice to see that Old Bowerstone was looking pretty good, with crime down and all. However, like I said, I'm being myself. So when I go to do a quest that involves bandits I find a guy stealing from an overturned carriage of my fellow upper class peoples. The fellow in question swears that he's not a bandit, but I don't like the vibe of his character. I'll give him credit, he took two shots from my rifle; a tough fuck. He was no match from my sword though. Naturally, being a hypocrite, I then pocket all I can find and carry on with the quest.

I don't like the dog. I hate having to look after things in games - like Ashley in Resi 4. I get so sad when he gets hurt and God help whoever tries to hurt him. It's still a hassle though and there should be an option to leave him at the fucking house, he's no help to me.

Later on...

I appreciate that it's because I'm such a nice guy - though I did shoot a tramp to death, c'mon! - and because I have such a nice coat/shirt/gloves/mask/hat/boots/haircut/beard/physique/complexion/house/furniture but I am getting tired of people coming into my fucking house!

I'm fine with them watching me have sex with my wife, honestly, but asking me to marry them in front of little baby Tranny? That's. Not. Fucking. Cool. Executions are set to take place if it continues, and I will consume the entire town (save my house) with fire from my arse.

The Town Cryer really wants some lurve though. Really.

Yeah my friend bought it yesterday and said that it's a really good game. I heard Fable 1 was one of the best games on the original Xbox. I've read many good reviews about it and it does interest me due to amount of freedom and choice you get. But personally, I'm not much of a role play fan. Assasins Creed kind of turned me away from those type of games, but I am aware of the fact that Fable has much more freedom than Assasins Creed.

I won't buy it but I'll most likely borrow it from my friend in a few months time, if it's worth it. I'm saving up my money for Smackdown vs Raw 2009 and Call of Duty: World of War OR Gears of War 2, depending on which is the better game. Fable does sound good though, I just can't see myself buying it.

Yeah my friend bought it yesterday and said that it's a really good game. I heard Fable 1 was one of the best games on the original Xbox.

Having completed Fable 1 on my 360, I can tell you that it was good but was generally considered a massive disappointment. However, most of those issues have been fixed for the sequel, which many think has finally delivered on the original promise.

I've read many good reviews about it and it does interest me due to amount of freedom and choice you get. But personally, I'm not much of a role play fan. Assasins Creed kind of turned me away from those type of games, but I am aware of the fact that Fable has much more freedom than Assasins Creed.

Assassin's Creed and Fable II are completely different. The freedom of movement is what is revolutionary in Creed, shame it's an otherwise shitty game. Freedom of choice is what Fable is all about - it's incredibly deep. Your character and the world around you is fashioned by the choices you make. The gameplay, and yeah, the game on a whole, is incredibly different.

For example, focus on building your range skills (with crossbows and/or rifles) and your character becomes taller. But upgrade your melee skills more and your character becomes more muscly. Magic gives you glowing marks over your body. Of course, you could end up with a tall muscly guy (or girl) with faded marks over their face. Similarly, if you are corrupt (basically doing anything for the moneys - like hiking up the prices on some of the dozens of businesses and properties you can buy or stealing from shop tills) your appearance changes accordingly - you get grey skin and other stuff. But if you're pure, and you play fairly to get your moolah, you'll stay fair and beautiful. There are also other choices based on other factors, it would take me an age to describe all the different aspects that affect your character. Townsfolk will also act differently towards you depending on this - like I said, everyone won't leave me the fuck alone because I'm too nice to them and I wear expensive clothes, but they're starting to dislike me more because I'm charging them more on my businesses - my baby's gotta eat, you heartless bastards!

Speaking of changing the world (you may think this is a spoiler but it occurs at the very start of the game), you get a choice to return some lost warrants to a guard or to the local "mafia" as a child. Take it to the guard, like I did, and when you return as an adult the town is prosperous and crime is low. Return it to the mafia and the town is a crime-ridden shit hole upon your return.

I won't buy it but I'll most likely borrow it from my friend in a few months time, if it's worth it. I'm saving up my money for Smackdown vs Raw 2009

I get that every year too. I'm thinking about stopping though as they may even be getting worse. They're building the game on the same engine on they've used since 2001. Tedious.

Call of Duty: World of War

Made by Treyarch, the inferior lot that crafted COD3. Not the lot that created the masterful COD4. Shame they set in in WW2 AGAIN. Tedious.

OR Gears of War 2

Will blow your fucking mind. No doubt.

Fable does sound good though, I just can't see myself buying it.

Rent it for a couple of days. I recommend it.

Its alright like Sam said its a good rental but only a rental in my opinion. The main story is rather short there are numerous side quests but they are only side quests so really not all that important. You do get diverse choices and the whole Good or Evil system is good especially now that they added corrupt and pure. The raising a family system has also improved leaps and bounds. But aside from that hair cuts are somewhat limited and theres close to none when it comes to clothing. Overall somewhat of a disappointment i was honestly expecting alot more when it comes to character customization and the story was not as great as Peter Molyneux claimed it to be.

Having completed Fable 1 on my 360, I can tell you that it was good but was generally considered a massive disappointment. However, most of those issues have been fixed for the sequel, which many think has finally delivered on the original promise.

My friend reckons he was more impressed by the first one as he was more shocked and had low expectations from the first game.

Assassin's Creed and Fable II are completely different. The freedom of movement is what is revolutionary in Creed, shame it's an otherwise shitty game. Freedom of choice is what Fable is all about - it's incredibly deep. Your character and the world around you is fashioned by the choices you make. The gameplay, and yeah, the game on a whole, is incredibly different.

Yeah I realized that, but the boring and repetitive missions from Assasins Creed sort of put me off 3rd person adventure games. Fable sounds a lot more advanced than Creed.

For example, focus on building your range skills (with crossbows and/or rifles) and your character becomes taller. But upgrade your melee skills more and your character becomes more muscly. Magic gives you glowing marks over your body. Of course, you could end up with a tall muscly guy (or girl) with faded marks over their face. Similarly, if you are corrupt (basically doing anything for the moneys - like hiking up the prices on some of the dozens of businesses and properties you can buy or stealing from shop tills) your appearance changes accordingly - you get grey skin and other stuff. But if you're pure, and you play fairly to get your moolah, you'll stay fair and beautiful. There are also other choices based on other factors, it would take me an age to describe all the different aspects that affect your character. Townsfolk will also act differently towards you depending on this - like I said, everyone won't leave me the fuck alone because I'm too nice to them and I wear expensive clothes, but they're starting to dislike me more because I'm charging them more on my businesses - my baby's gotta eat, you heartless bastards!

Speaking of changing the world (you may think this is a spoiler but it occurs at the very start of the game), you get a choice to return some lost warrants to a guard or to the local "mafia" as a child. Take it to the guard, like I did, and when you return as an adult the town is prosperous and crime is low. Return it to the mafia and the town is a crime-ridden shit hole upon your return.

See thats awesome, but it's not my type of game personally. I wont buy it, unless it goes down in price to at least $50, which is doubtful seeing it is an new release. It seems like the game to rent though.

I get that every year too. I'm thinking about stopping though as they may even be getting worse. They're building the game on the same engine on they've used since 2001. Tedious.

Yeah, I'll still buy it anyway. I need a new game desperately. Rainbow Six and Halo 3 are getting very old now.

Made by Treyarch, the inferior lot that crafted COD3. Not the lot that created the masterful COD4. Shame they set in in WW2 AGAIN. Tedious.

Yeah I heard about that, but from the previews it looks like a fairly good game. I'll just wait and see what the reviewers say about it before I decide to buy it.

Will blow your fucking mind. No doubt.

In a good way? I need another online 1st person shooter though. So this might not be the game I buy come December.

Rent it for a couple of days. I recommend it.

After my friend is bored of it, I'll be renting it for at least a month.

This is one of the funnest games I have ever played. I spent hours just working at the blacksmith. I was just being myself throughout the game, not going out of my way to be good or evil. I would do what I'd do in real life. At one point my wife becamse really annoying so I waited for everyone to laeve my house, then I killed her. I though she'd disappear after I killed her, but she layed on the steps for like 3 or 4 days.

At the end of the story, I decided that I was going to go crazy and make everyone hate me. I chose wealth over sacrifice and love. I then bought every shop and house I could buy and raised prices to 100%. I then married 2 women, which got me a achievement. One of my wives was a ****e. After I had a couple of kids with both, I let them meet. The ****e wife didn't care, while the other one committed suicide. After a while I got bored without the story mode keeping me busy, so I killed everyone for about 2 hours.

I had a blast playing this game, but I don't think I'll play it too much any more since I beat the story.

I love this game. I play it whenever I get the chance. Right now, I'm doing a lot of the side quests. The main side quest I'm working on right now is, The Archaeoligist. I also believe I'm on the 12th main quest, The Cullis Gate, where you are with Hammer and Garth, which leads you to Bloodstone. I enjoyed the first Fable, but this one has a lot more depth and extra interesting quests along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back