Extreme rules thoughts

Brandon

Dark Match Jobber
I’ll just keep this short and sweet:

1. Overall it was a decent show with good action.

2. Taker looked great in the ring and they utilized him very well

3. The 2 on 1 women's match was solid.

4. Winner take all match was great until the end . On the plus side this just makes me want AEW to air even faster .

What did you guys think?

Definitely thought Undertaker looked better and more agile than he has in a long time. It makes me happy because whenever his official retirement match it, I want him to go out looking good and not a hot mess.

Although I hate that Brock had to be in the title picture, I’m glad he cashed in on Seth instead of Kofi. I worry that once Kofi loses, they won’t give it back to him for a very long time because they will feel that have done their duty. Seth will definitely be in the main event picture for years to come.

Definitely thought Undertaker looked better and more agile than he has in a long time. It makes me happy because whenever his official retirement match it, I want him to go out looking good and not a hot mess.

Although I hate that Brock had to be in the title picture, I’m glad he cashed in on Seth instead of Kofi. I worry that once Kofi loses, they won’t give it back to him for a very long time because they will feel that have done their duty. Seth will definitely be in the main event picture for years to come.
That’s true and I’m really happy it was not Kofi. The only thing that bums me out is the fact that once again when it come to the WWE champion, Helen Keller can cut a better promo than he can.

For a PPV called "Extreme Rules", there were sure a lot of matches, which were NORMAL matches, without stipulations.

Once, every match had a stip. In this one, only half of them did.

Also, a couple of comments on the tag-team matches.

Cole announces with Reigns/Taker v McIntyre/McMahon that "teams will have to tag in, but there is no DQ or Countout".

But why tag in? If you can't get DQed, just stay in the ring as long as possible. What can the ref do?

They should have made it Tornado Tag-Team rules, so that tagging won't be necessary, and the ref is only there to count the pin.

A similar problem in the main event. It is Mixed Tag-Team, yet because it was also an Extreme Rules Match, then why couldn't it be an intergender match, where anyone can fight anyone (besides, the Mixed Tag rules went out the window when Corbin gave Becky the "End Of Days").

The argument could be put, Becky Lynch is "The Man" so why couldn't she have fought a man, Baron Corbin in this?

It is nonsensical to make it that you have to tag in and out in a match where you can't get disqualified. Why not just do what you want without consequence?

The PPV just seemed "meh". If they had had more stip matches, then I might have cared more.

Also, notice that it has happened again. After two months of competing for the title, and being made a big deal of, Dolph Ziggler is again buried and made an afterthought. The cycle continues.

I have said this before. Why should I care about Dolph when his entire career has been a push, then a burial, then disappearing off TV for months, rinse and repeat?

I would have liked to have seen a Kofi v Dolph WWE Title LADDER Match on this PPV. That would have been awesome.

Favourite Part:- "Last-Man-Standing" Match
Worst Part:- Brock is champion AGAIN!

That’s true and I’m really happy it was not Kofi. The only thing that bums me out is the fact that once again when it come to the WWE champion, Helen Keller can cut a better promo than he can.

The sad thing is, Paul Heyman used to cut much better promos, but now all his promos are consist of "MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR...THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, UNDISPUTED CHAMPION!"

Piss off, Heyman, you are capable of better than this.

I totally agree with you. With Heyman getting more say in the RAW product, I hope we get to see a little more edgier show. Like from what I saw just in the matches of AEW, they have an edgier feel to them and i dog it. It’s not too over the top. I just want the WWE to step up its game a bit .

3 Positives
1) Mixed tag match was awesome
2) Bailey retained in a great match
3) Taker looked amazing

3 Negatives
1) Owens vs. Ziggler match??? - if that was all you were doing with that should've been on the pre-show. Not sure why they elevate Ziggler to big matches to just get beat over and over.
2) Nakamura wins title vs. Balor on the Pre-Show??? This match had no business being on the pre-show. Gotta scratch your head on that one for sure. 2 guys clearly still not getting the air time they deserve.
3) Not sure crowd is still behind Kofi like they were. He's gotten a bit stale since Mania moment. Maybe make him a bit edgier and have him be a little more dominant in future matches.

I'll chime in...

Undertaker looked better at Extreme Rules than he has in a long time. I was genuinely impressed with his speed, movement, timing, et. al. Maybe it was due to his in-ring time being mostly with Shane... a smaller, lighter opponent. Perhaps it was due to the increase in his schedule... 2-3 matches as opposed to one-and-done at Mania. In any case, Taker looked better than he has in recent years and certainly as good / better than most "legends" at his age and level of wear and tear who still try to go.

Should've seen Brock's cash-in on Seth coming from a mile away but I somehow didn't... thought the "spoiler" was just more fluff from Heyman and WWE was going to drag this out for longer. Perfect setup for a "rubber match" between Lesnar and Rollins at this year's SummerSlam though.

Speaking of SummerSlam, I think WWE just got one step closer to having an actual, booked intergender match. Lynch and Corbin have been telling a story for the past couple weeks now. Corbin hitting the "end of days" on Lynch during the mixed tag at Extreme Rules might've been the breaking point. It's also the next logical progression in the "women's revolution" I think.

Despite the match being on the pre-show, it was good to see Nakamura back and true to form. That prior team-up with Ruesev truly was useless for both talents.

I'm glad that Kofi retained against Samoa Joe, but his title reign as the "underdog champion" is beginning to grow a little stale for me. I'm waiting for some sort of altercation between Kofi and Big E. that leaves Xavier Woods in the middle as arbitrator initially, but forced to choose a side eventually. I'm not sure the time between now and SummerSlam is enough to tell that story, but it's something I'd like to see build towards the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania depending on how strong the program could be.

Black vs. Cesaro turned out to be a nice surprise of a match... I always forget how deceptively strong Cesaro is. AJ / Ricochet and Bayley vs. Bliss and Cross were also solid matches, though Alexa Bliss seemed to have quite a bit of ring rust in the early goings... very sloppy and uncontrolled at times. She got better as the match progressed though.

3 Positives
1) Mixed tag match was awesome
2) Bailey retained in a great match
3) Taker looked amazing

3 Negatives
1) Owens vs. Ziggler match??? - if that was all you were doing with that should've been on the pre-show. Not sure why they elevate Ziggler to big matches to just get beat over and over.
2) Nakamura wins title vs. Balor on the Pre-Show??? This match had no business being on the pre-show. Gotta scratch your head on that one for sure. 2 guys clearly still not getting the air time they deserve.
3) Not sure crowd is still behind Kofi like they were. He's gotten a bit stale since Mania moment. Maybe make him a bit edgier and have him be a little more dominant in future matches.

Yeah, the guy they're building to take down the Shane empire is gonna be on the preshow..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back