Extreme Rules 2014 - WWE Championship: Daniel Bryan VS Kane - Extreme Rules Match

The Eighties

Forward Thinking Nostalgist

After tonight's attack by Kane I thought we might see a Stretcher match or an ambulance match, but this is listed as an extreme rules match on WWE's site, which I guess works just the same and allows for a wild battle.

I get this choice, not a huge fan of Bryan working with a guy who is past his best and who he's beaten cleanly twice in recent weeks, but there are so many PPV's these days that this filler defense takes care of one event and gives time for Evolution to build some momentum back up before he defends against them in singles matches.

This is fine as you said its a filler feud heck they can probably expand that. I can see this Kane turning face again (for the X time) and reforming Team Hell No down the line. Perhaps feuding with Triple H/Orton/Batista and eventually Lesnar.

We can have Lesnar vs. Kane which makes a segway to Lesnar vs. Bryan down the line.

This match NEEDS to have a stipulation added to it. We're less than two weeks away from the PPV and have only one stipulation match on the card. After what happened tonight, I'm expecting either a Stretcher Match or a Falls Count Anywhere Match, hopefully a stipulation will be added on SmackDown. If this winds up being just a one-on-one standard rules match, I think pretty much everyone will be massively disappointed.

This match NEEDS to have a stipulation added to it. We're less than two weeks away from the PPV and have only one stipulation match on the card. After what happened tonight, I'm expecting either a Stretcher Match or a Falls Count Anywhere Match, hopefully a stipulation will be added on SmackDown. If this winds up being just a one-on-one standard rules match, I think pretty much everyone will be massively disappointed.

It has a stipulation, dummy. They have already announced it as an Extreme Rules match. Hell it even says it in the title of this fucking thread.

Should be fun. I like the idea of giving Daniel a monster to run through. It gives me hope that they're actually planning on giving Daniel a shot at a decent reign. Kane has no shot at winning here.

Wasn't really looking forward to this match but I like how WWE had Kane destroy Bryan on Raw. Makes this match much more interesting and probably sets up a really cool spot where we see Bryan lay out Kane in a way I am now curious to see to match what Kane did to Bryan.

The angle that was done on Raw last night gave Kane some much, much needed heat going into Extreme Rules. I wasn't really expecting the underdog/sympathy factor to be as high as it would be without Kane challenging Bryan to a match last night & winning, but that changed with the opening segment last night. Bryan definitely looked somber when he came out, justifiably so. He wasn't as energetic and generally happy as he usually is when doing his bit, which is what you'd expect from someone who'd just gotten married. As lousy as it is to think about things in this manner, Bryan appearing on Raw to help sell the hype for Extreme Rules has to has to be highly regarded by management. WWE wants the upmost commitment from their tops guys and management couldn't have hoped for more commitment in anyone than what Bryan did last night. It might seem strange that Bryan didn't rush home immediately but, then again, maybe there were reasons why. Maybe the next available flight wouldn't be leaving until later that night, maybe it's just an example of Bryan's work ethic in which he had commitments to handle and couldn't just drop them.

I don't know how much was changed from the original script, given that Bryan's father had suddenly passed away just a handful of hours before Raw last night. If I had to guess, I'd say they decided to make the brawl very one sided and jacked up Kane's decimation so that Bryan could be written off the SD! tapings as a means of selling the severity of Kane's assault and that the angle was bumped up to the opening segment so that Bryan would be able to catch the next available flight to Seattle to be with his family.

Bryan will pop back up on Raw next week to lay into Kane like a little rabid beaver. He'll probably also be "injured" from what happened last night. He MIGHT reveal what happened to his father and dedicate his first title defense to him. We all pretty much figured that Bryan would win anyway and while such a statement would all but carve it in stone, it can still be a strong match. Bryan & "Corporate Kane" had a good match on Raw several weeks ago, so I don't expect this to be any different. Considering Bryan's personal loss coupled with the "injuries" he suffered from Kane's attack, this match is a way for WWE to play the underdog card with Bryan. It's not something they'll always be able to rely on, but it's definitely available to be played here.

At the end of the day, even though WWE have tried to establish Kane again, Bryan should win and he should win convincingly. It'll be his first PPV title defence, he's been laid out several times already, this should be a quite simple 8 minute victory for Bryan.

More evidence that the gimmick Daniel Bryan is going to be unable to carry a believable feud without being booked as a constant underdog against the monsters. HHH, Orton, Batista, Kane. This

Didn't like the way they brought back the Big Red Monster - Stephanie calls Kane "pathetic" and all of a sudden, Kane unleashes the monster again? Steph should've had Kane take some time off (maybe 1 or 2 weeks), so he could find the monster in him again. That would've been more believable. But still, this should be an interesting match especially after the opening segment last night. I think Steph will interfere and accidentally cost Kane the match.

Should be a good match. Hard to make it seem like Kane will win. Right now, this is probably the third most promoted/interesting feud after Cena/Wyatt and Evolution/Shield. That's partially because you need to let DB simmer a bit and also because he had a wedding/death on back to back weeks. I expect it to pick up more for him after Extreme Rules.

There's no way Bryan loses the WWE WHC in his first title defense after the journey. I don't have a big problem with Kane as an opponent. Kane is a veteran with some real name value, and there's some history to build on with Team Hell No and all the stuff with Dr. Shelby

It wouldn't surprise me if they used Brie to fill in for Bryan on Raw next week to give Bryan some more time to collect himself for Extreme Rules. Maybe they'll do a storyline with Kane stalking Brie throughout the show. A raging Bryan comes into Extreme Rules with a head full of steam to beat the crap out of Kane to defend his wife's honor, and he'll have his vengeance for the Tombstone on the announcer's table.

I think Kane was a good choice as Daniel Bryan's first opponent. Bringing back the monster was a bit rushed, but they both have a past together and with the beatdown Kane delivered continues the underdog thing even though Bryan is now the champ. No way Bryan losses in his first defense, but it will be a solid win for him.

Given the history between these two, there's definitely in ring chemistry, and the storyline was great. Kane destroying Bryan and terrorising his wife were great images and heat for the "monster" Kane to comeback.

I hope this match is going to be the last match of the night with a victorious Bryan in his first title defense.

I'm actually pretty excited for this one, I'm a big fan of Kane and I love the way they're approaching his masked character with the mask on the pedestal. I do think they rushed that a little bit but with the history D-Bry and Kane have in general and the corporate harassing thrown in there is going to be plenty of steam and anticipation for this one.

Obviously I would be flabbergasted if the title were to drop here but I'd expect a pretty physical match, some fighting outside of the ring and Daniel standing tall with the title afterwards.

20140415_ER_DB_KANE_LIGHT_HP.jpg

This normally should have been the final match of the night due to it being for the World Heavyweight Championship. It probably won't be though. The final match of the night will probably be The Shield VS Evolution. I could see this going on next to last or even 3rd to last with the divas match going on next and the 6 man tag team match closing. Regardless of if it closes the show or not, this is a match that I expect to be really good. Kane and Bryan have history during their time as Team Hell No and then there are all the issues they have had recently when Bryan was chasing the title against the agenda of The Authority. Kane is not winning the belt. Bryan just won it at Wrestlemania in one of the best endings that the biggest brand of them all has ever had, why derail all of that to give Kane a random world title win? Not gonna happen! Kane will have a good match and put up a fight, ultimately coming up short. Bryan has to retain.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Daniel Bryan will retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

We know that Daniel Bryan will work hard in this situation and the clash of styles could be a potential great match, but I don't know if Kane is in the same mindset. Kane has been one weird cat, but somehow, people still dig his character after years and years and I'm not different.

A part of me believes that Kane v. Bryan will indeed close the special event, mainly because, I feel that the WWE Championship has been given a second chance and is without a doubt the most prestigious title in the entire industry. Bryan's overness will be enough for people to care about his match, even after a potential show stealer in Shield v. Evolution and Bray v. Cena... However the fact that this match is very much predictable, makes it seem less important.

Bryan wins the match. If Kane does indeed get the title, I'll be surprised but happy too. Bryan's overness and general interest has gone down for me since his big WrestleMania moment just like I thought it would. This feud could have been better, those two have big history...

I expect Bryan to retain, but Kane to attack him post match to continue this feud. With the time Bryan missed between Mania and now it feels like they can get more out of this feud.

My hats of to WWE on this one, I had very little interest in seeing Kane in a main event in 2014 but the last 2 weeks of Raw have done a great job of setting Kane up as a credible challenger and Steph has been pivotal in getting the heat on him, hopefully she is at ringside tonight.

I don't know if this goes on last, it might if Evolution are going over, but I expect a convincing win for Bryan so he can move on to a fresh challenger at Payback.

Well, that was horrible. The gimmicked weapons, car, wwe production truck, the fake rubber crowbar, and the fucking fork truck made this match one of the worst matches in all of the matches I've seen in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back