EXCLUSIVE: MIND BLOWING, HUGE MISTAKE ON RAW!!!!

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
Tonight on Monday Night Raw, WWE posted a fact (pictured below) stating:

"Last night on USA, over 10,000,000 viewers watched Tough Enough and WWE Raw."

The post is both erroneous and misleading.

First of all, Raw and Tough Enough do not air on USA Network on Sunday nights.

Secondly, and even more importantly, the 10,000,000 number is misleading. A WrestleZone source in the television industry explains, "there haven't been 10 million tuned in to wrestling since The Monday Night Wars. WWE takes the total number of viewers for the 8pm Tough Enough, adds that to the 9pm viewership for Raw, adds that to the 10pm viewership for Raw, and then the viewership for the Tough Enough repeat. They are counting as if each hour has its own unique audience that doesn't stay on or overlap."

In the Internet business, when the same person visits a website more than once per day, he or she is counted as one unique visitor. WWE is not going with the "unique viewer" approach, and the figure of 10 million is, at best, misleading.

WWE-MISTAKE(2).jpg

I was completely unaware that those little bumps still existed.

But seriously, how MAJOR is this mistake? Will it have legal ramifications? Who is their source, is he just a regular guy with common sense who didn't want to be named?

I'm doing this a lot lately, huh?

I saw that figure and thought they must be combining audiences. I can understand adding the Tough Enough audiences to Raw (though that's still pretty stupid), but adding the 9 PM and 10 PM Raw audiences together is just stupid. Either way, this is hardly a mind blowing mistake.

I think someone in WWE is a bit thick if they thought that 10 million watched those two programmes on their first showing. It's stupid and the main page over exaggerated it as normal.

Pagalino attempts to make himself look useful again. Seriously, Wrestlezone has some of the worst "reporters" ever.

I saw that figure and thought they must be combining audiences. I can understand adding the Tough Enough audiences to Raw (though that's still pretty stupid), but adding the 9 PM and 10 PM Raw audiences together is just stupid. Either way, this is hardly a mind blowing mistake.

Last week TE & RAW both aired at their normal times, then they reran both TE and Raw in their entirety again right after Raw finished, I don't think they were adding up the 9pm & 10 pm Raw audiences together so much as adding the audiences watching the first airing and then repeat airing that immediately followed. Basically it took USA giving WWE a 6 hr. 20 min. block to get them a misleading 10,000,000 viewers (for the record I wish they would repeat Raw like that every Mon., so I could see the entire fucking show)

The obvious solution to this problem for WWE would be to stop doing those stupid fucking little facts when coming back from commercials, I'd much rather see a promo, or *gasp* a match then read some pointless shit about what shows they beat in ratings or how many fucking viewers they had last week, but hey that's just me

They could very well have been adding the 9pm and 10pm raw audiences together. They do put the copyright and logo nonsense up at the end of the 9pm hour.

But yeah....hyperbole....around here????? NO SURELY NOT, NO!

How many sources do WrestleZone have? they have "Key Sources" within the WWE and a source working inside the Television Industry what's next? a source in the courtroom during Jeff Hardy's court apperance

Those never had any validity to them. Especially when every week it says Did you know Raw and Smackdown were the top rated shows on TV Monday and Friday night? I have hard time believing Raw beat American Idol or the NBA Finals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back