Everybody's Gotta Price,everybody's Gonna Pay!(hopefully)

FOTH 3:16

Occasional Pre-Show
EVERBODY HAS GOTTA PRICE.And,starting soon,everbody is gonna pay.The debut of Ted DiBiase Jr. has got me excited.He made a great debut and has a legend as a father.So hopefully,because of his background,he knows the industry.And it's likely he does.He seems to have good mic skills,evidenced by the segment he had with Cody Rhodes on RAW Monday.He seems like he has talent.He looks like he could be a great wrestler.And hopefully he is.I think if he is well-trained he can do something good.It sure looks like he is gonna be good.But things that look good aren't always as they seem.

Example One:Bobby Lashley.When I first saw Bobby,I was thinking that we might have another Goldberg or Lesnar.Unfortunately,he did not have good ring skills and I wanted to pop that huge head like a basketball when I heard that scrawny voice.So now he is off to MMA.Thank you for that God.Example two:Santino Marella.I thought we had something here.He beat Umaga for the IC Title in his first showing.I thought dang he must be good.WRONG.He sucks like a couple of horny ****.Worse even.I'll be glad when they fire him.Example three:Cody Rhodes.You say,oh its early and that he shows some promise.True,but he should have the IC or U.S title if he is really that good.So,as history shows.things that look good aren't always as they seem.

But what about his background,you say?He has a daddy who is a former WWE champion.That will help him.Maybe,maybe not.That might teach him something about the buisness,having a dad that has that background.Or maybe it will spoil him.Maybe he will think he can have anything he wants because of his daddy's name.Maybe he'll become famous just because of his daddy's name(Dale Earnhardt Jr. anybody?).I guess we'll find out.

So,what DOES the future for this young man.I honestly don't know.He could break big,because of his name or,hopfully,his in-ring work and skills.Or he could fade into obscurity.Who knows?We'll find out I guess.But remember,no matter what,Everbody's gotta a price to pay.Let's just hope that Ted Jr. truly is as he says he is:priceless.

The Million Dollar man was never the WWE Champion. The only legitimate title he held was the Tag Team titles with IRS. I don't count the North American Championship or whatever it was called because nobody ever even mentions that as having ever existed anymore. And the Million Dollar Championship was a gimmick.

The only reason Ted Sr. is a legend is he had what is probably one of the greatest gimmicks of all time and the man can talk. He is one of my favorite characters of all time simply because he was able to take his gimmick and run with it. Rumor says that the WWE even ran so far with the gimmick that Ted always flew 1st class and had the best of clothes and stayed at top notch hotels just to keep the gimmick alive ALL the time.

If Teddy Jr is to be half as successful as his father he needs to be able to talk just as good if not better and he needs to be a genius in the ring. I think he has what it takes, he's pretty good so far on the stick but I'm already tired of the "Priceless" thing. It was cool the first time, but it isn't working for me right now. And he needs to show more emotion, even if it is cockiness, when he speaks. He is a bit monotone right now. But that may come with time.

As I've never seen him wrestle I can't comment on his in-ring ability. He's certainly looks the part of a champion to be.

Cody, I don't feel was ever ready to be brought up to the main roster. He was brought up as a new face after the Benoit tragedy. A fresh faced kid who's the son the American Dream to make us forget about something horrible. Well I stretched that a bit, he wasn't going to make us forget, he was just going to distract us. But the boy is boring, his mic skills....well he ain't is daddy. The reason he doesn't have a US or IC title is he isn't ready for a singles title yet. Sure he shows promise, but he's too green for a title. If every new performer who stepped out from the curtain got a title because they show promise the IC title would be a 24/7 belt like the old hardcore title was. Promise won;t get you a title, real skill and a proven ability to draw will. If you can't get asses in seats and make those asses cheer or boo you really shouldn't be a champ.

Santino looked terrible from his first "match" forward. He only won that title because Bobby Lashley screwed Umaga out of it. Santino is gold on the mic and he might be pretty decent in the ring. But the WWE doesn't want him for his athletic ability, it seems they only want him because of his promo skills. Which is fine, as he's proven he can go one on one with the likes of Stone Cold and Jericho in a verbal spar. And that IS impressive.

And Lashley himself was used all wrong. The man is a great pure athlete. He should have been pushed as a silent killer. Just big, massive, angry and strong. He would have gotten over enough to make a lasting impression. I hope he does will in MMA. I would love to see a Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley fight. It would be great as both men are tremendous athletes.

But like you said, when it comes to Ted Jr, I guess we'll see. I want to be impressed as I like his look and his introduction to Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back