• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

European Title (Raw) Hardcore Title (ECW) Other (Smackdown)

Do you agree ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hamed

HI,

Well dont u all think that RAW & Smackdown need another Title Belt ??

like for example bringing back the European Title for Raw and making a new title for Smackdown and giving the Hardcore Title for ECW

It is more fun when u see more titles, and it will make a Good Superstar like ( Flair, Benjamin, Masters, Nitro, Carlito, Crazy, Haas) look good with a Title, instead of making Hardy fight them all and keep winning and retaining his title and making his opponents like Masters for example look bad and keep losing every week, he could face 3 superstars while the other 4 battle on the European Title.

Imagine this in Raw someone like Flair could have the European title and face Benjamin while IC Title will be with Hardy to battle with Nitro, Masters & Super Crazy and Tag Team title will be between Spirit Squad vs Cryme Time and Womens Title between Lita and Mickie and WWE Title between Cena and who ever his opponent will be in coming days

See my point is a brand with more Titles looks better at least u will feel that there is more competition and Titles Added to Feuds makes the Feuds even better.

so who agrees and who doesnt ??

There are already 9 titles out there.
RAW- WWE, Intercont, Womens, Tag
SD- World, , US, Cru, Tag
ECw- ECW

9 titles.... honestly another 3 making it 12. Whats the point of even having a title? Theres no value in it if half the locker room is holding another. The number of titles detracts from the valve of them.

Although probably not feasible, and this has been mentioned before, I'd love it if there was one Heavyweigth champ. Spends 1 fortnight/month on a brand then rotates to/chooses another. The holder of the 2nd teir title, i.e. US, intercont, ECW TV title is the no.1 contender for that title - but he must relinquish it to challenge for the heavyweight title. The 2nd teir title is won by tournament, even battle royal. This would always keep the main event title picture fresh.

Plus this would give the opportunity to add 3rd teir titles... so structure would be
HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP - ALL brands
Raw: IC, Euro, womens, tag
SD: US, xxxx , cruiser, tag
ECW: TV, hardcore.

SO theres 10 instead of 12. 1 more title than we have now, but actually gives the 3rd teir belts purpose and adds ALOT of value to the heavyweight belt.

I think Raw and Smackdown have enough titles, I do think it is a good idea for ECW to have another championship though, and of course the Hardcore Championship fits the bill!! Finally a prize for those who compete in ECW Rules matches!

ECW Really needs more Titles

Raw & Smackdown yeah they have Titles but sometimes i feel good wrestlers are ignored they have no opportunity for Gold thats why if they added a title it will be nice cause these days we dont see much title matches like spirit squad tag champs but never defend their titles !! once a month maybe

thnx for replies.

Hamed said:
HI,
See my point is a brand with more Titles looks better at least u will feel that there is more competition and Titles Added to Feuds makes the Feuds even better.

A brand with more titles looks like a clusterfuck with titles being so common that winning them in a sense becomes meaningless. Titles shouldn't be necessary to make a good feud. They can make some feuds better but it's not automatic.

chief said:
I think Raw and Smackdown have enough titles, I do think it is a good idea for ECW to have another championship though, and of course the Hardcore Championship fits the bill!! Finally a prize for those who compete in ECW Rules matches!

A lot of fans are already annoyed that an "extreme" company has extreme matches only occasionally so to dignify that even further with a hardcore title probably won't go over too well. Right now, with only an hour of television time, there's really no need for any further titles.

As for the other two brands...WWE may as well continue to try to improve the existing ones rather than add even others. It's already a common occurence for just about anyone that's on or will be on the Raw or Smackdown rosters to hold some sort of title within say two years. With that in mind, since it's no longer a rarity to win titles and resumes are filled with them, why water that down any more. Titles should conceivably be achievements as opposed to something that's a given for someone to have.

but still there are more than 30 wrestlers in one Brand

30 wrestlers 3 Titles (also the boring womens title ) which makes 4 champions out of 30 wrestlers and it takes forever to lose a title these days so half of the 26 wrestlers are just there to lose to the champions for about 4-5 months till someone takes away a title from one of the champs !!!

what i think is that WWE is not using titles very well cause i hate to see Spirit Squad having the tag titles and not defending it, highlanders and cryme time need the belt to make them abit popular, or they can use the tag belts in DX vs Edge & Orton Feud !!

Hamed said:
but still there are more than 30 wrestlers in one Brand

Maybe that's how it is in your fantasy world but if that were true, it would mean that every single match on every single card involves a title already with one person holding the title and the others losing. There are plenty of non title feuds that exist.

Since when has the only important thing in WWE been titles? Heck someone could lose 10 matches in a row and still be legit if portrayed in a way where they're a thread to have won each of those matches.

, highlanders and cryme time need the belt to make them abit popular,!!

They can be popular without the titles.

or they can use the tag belts in DX vs Edge & Orton Feud ,!!

What's the point? As things are, that feud is an important feud. Whoever competes for the tag titles is also in a fairly important feud. DX or Edge and Orton NOT having the titles provides at least two important feuds as opposed to one. DX and Edge and Orton don't need titles to maintain importance. At the same rate, while I just said that others competing for the titles makes them important it's also not the only way for that to be possible

Plenty can be done to make wrestlers, feuds, etc. important. It's a matter of realizing it.

30 wrestlers 3 Titles

I really actually like the Non - Title fueds more then the actual championship ones? Championship fueds get boring real quick.. Also every superstar doesnt need a title at all times..

and it takes forever to lose a title these days so half of the 26 wrestlers are just there to lose to the champions for about 4-5 months till someone takes away a title from one of the champs !!!

And thats a bad thing to you? There actually trying to bring some "prestigue" back to the titles.. I believe that is actually a better thing, because now some wrestlers wont be known as "Fake" Champions..

highlanders and cryme time need the belt to make them abit popular

As much as I hate to say it.. I think The Highlanders are a lost cause.. As for Cryme Time.. Did you watch Raw this past weak? If you did, you would have noticed how over they were.. And after there segment with King Booookaaa, there fan base will just keep growing.. I think all they need to do is continue to be entertaining and they'll be good.. Besides, there going to be the next Tag Champs..

or they can use the tag belts in DX vs Edge & Orton Feud

Why would you want something like that? These are the four top guys on Raw.. What would they prove with the Tag Titles when there already legit WWE Championship competitors..

They really have no need for another title or titles on neither Raw or SD!.. ECW yes, but not just yet.. Let them establish themselves to atleast 90 minutes long, and then we can talk about that.. But for Raw and SD!.. Its not needed at all..

Dysturbed said:
Maybe that's how it is in your fantasy world but if that were true, it would mean that every single match on every single card involves a title already with one person holding the title and the others losing. There are plenty of non title feuds that exist.

Since when has the only important thing in WWE been titles? Heck someone could lose 10 matches in a row and still be legit if portrayed in a way where they're a thread to have won each of those matches.

well my friend i didnt say all 30 wrestlers should be champions DID I ??
well you can see how the wrestlers are Hungry for titles and there are many wasted talents not being used so by adding 1 more title they can benefit by using more talents every night which may be good for the future of WWE instead of making 1 champion fight 6 different men every week they can divide them to 2 champions ( by adding the new title ) which the talents will be used more and in a good way... and my friend titles are important for wrestlers if its not important for u thats not the wrestlers problem they are busting there @$$ every week so at least the want to be called a champion while coming to the ring, yeah for sure there are many feuds which are amazing without titles and AGAIN i didnt say titles are for feuds so plz dont make up things that i didnt say, all i said is adding 1 more title to all brands is that a problem ?? i didnt say the title is for feuds ITS JUST A FREAKIN TITLE to be added SO WHAAT !!

They can be popular without the titles.

Yeah many people can be popular WITHOUT Titles but its different when u have a title and being called a champ

What's the point? As things are, that feud is an important feud. Whoever competes for the tag titles is also in a fairly important feud. DX or Edge and Orton NOT having the titles provides at least two important feuds as opposed to one. DX and Edge and Orton don't need titles to maintain importance. At the same rate, while I just said that others competing for the titles makes them important it's also not the only way for that to be possible

well it may not be a good point but it was just an opinion

Plenty can be done to make wrestlers, feuds, etc. important. It's a matter of realizing it.

the problem is sometimes they dont realize and then they end up like Kurt Angle ( sign with the enemy ) NWA

PauLwaLL said:
I really actually like the Non - Title fueds more then the actual championship ones? Championship fueds get boring real quick.. Also every superstar doesnt need a title at all times..

well there are 2 kinds of people 1 like championship feuds other like non championship feud it is a normal thing

And thats a bad thing to you? There actually trying to bring some "prestigue" back to the titles.. I believe that is actually a better thing, because now some wrestlers wont be known as "Fake" Champions..

man what prestigue r u talking about booker always retaining by DQ or sharmel & finlay attacking thats not prestigue

As much as I hate to say it.. I think The Highlanders are a lost cause.. As for Cryme Time.. Did you watch Raw this past weak? If you did, you would have noticed how over they were.. And after there segment with King Booookaaa, there fan base will just keep growing.. I think all they need to do is continue to be entertaining and they'll be good.. Besides, there going to be the next Tag Champs..

they were fantastic i saw them and like i said they can be popular without the belt but with the belt it will help more

Why would you want something like that? These are the four top guys on Raw.. What would they prove with the Tag Titles when there already legit WWE Championship competitors..

like i said just an opinion nothing more.. i like to see it that way but u dont like i said people are different

They really have no need for another title or titles on neither Raw or SD!.. ECW yes, but not just yet.. Let them establish themselves to atleast 90 minutes long, and then we can talk about that.. But for Raw and SD!.. Its not needed at all..

Well in my point of view it will be better if they added 1 more title to all brands u may not agree and thats ur point of view which we all should respect

i did a poll so lets see how many people agree with me and how many people Dont !!

:)

i remember when the Alliance angle was going on, you had the WWF's titles, which at the time were the World, IC, Euro, Hardcore, and LightHeavywgt. titles, plus the WWF tag titles; plus you had the WCW World, US, Cruiserwgt. and Tag titles ALL regularly defended on Raw and Smackdown, plus the PPVs...it was ridiculous...the belts switched so frquently you couldnt even keep track of who held what...

i like my champions to have lengthy reigns, it makes the titles mean more when a champion IS a champion, and it takes an outstanding performance to take that title; not just switching regularly just so everyone "gets their turn"

as far as ECW goes, i really do think they need another title, if TNA can have 3 belts on an hour long show, ECW can push two...i dont think thats a bad thing at all

My personal opinion is that there are enough titles as it is. The european title never really meant an awful lot to me. The title I would be interested in having back is the Hardcore title.

The problem I find with Long reigns if they are not booked correctly, people actually end up caring less about the Title, they know when they tune into a Title Match either on TV or PPV that the person defending it is not going to lose it. Take Cena for example, he had the WWE Title for too long last year, and the fans turned on him big time. They have to be the right reign, around 6 Months is the most I want to see someone with a Title, unless its well booked, sometimes the Belt changing hands a couple of times in a few months will make people tune in again, so when the Title is defended people actually believe that it wil change hands.

Anyway thats besides the point, the point I think everyone has made is that the current Titles are not built up enough, the Tag Titles for instance, so adding more belts isnt going to make anything better, at all.

mr. krinkle said:
i remember when the Alliance angle was going on, you had the WWF's titles, which at the time were the World, IC, Euro, Hardcore, and LightHeavywgt. titles, plus the WWF tag titles; plus you had the WCW World, US, Cruiserwgt. and Tag titles ALL regularly defended on Raw and Smackdown, plus the PPVs...it was ridiculous...the belts switched so frquently you couldnt even keep track of who held what...

i like my champions to have lengthy reigns, it makes the titles mean more when a champion IS a champion, and it takes an outstanding performance to take that title; not just switching regularly just so everyone "gets their turn"

as far as ECW goes, i really do think they need another title, if TNA can have 3 belts on an hour long show, ECW can push two...i dont think thats a bad thing at all

well yeah because those days there were no brands and all that stuff so the titles were all over the place but now with the brand thing going on it may be better :)

thats ur opinion which we all respect :thumbsup:

NWO2000 said:
My personal opinion is that there are enough titles as it is. The european title never really meant an awful lot to me. The title I would be interested in having back is the Hardcore title.

the hardcore was the best title ever hope it goes to ECW Soon !!

St Jonny said:
The problem I find with Long reigns if they are not booked correctly, people actually end up caring less about the Title, they know when they tune into a Title Match either on TV or PPV that the person defending it is not going to lose it. Take Cena for example, he had the WWE Title for too long last year, and the fans turned on him big time. They have to be the right reign, around 6 Months is the most I want to see someone with a Title, unless its well booked, sometimes the Belt changing hands a couple of times in a few months will make people tune in again, so when the Title is defended people actually believe that it wil change hands.

Anyway thats besides the point, the point I think everyone has made is that the current Titles are not built up enough, the Tag Titles for instance, so adding more belts isnt going to make anything better, at all.

thats what im trying to say u see Long reigns make fans bored if not used properly and a big example is Gregory Helms i mean the guy was injured and out of action but still kept his title so now i think no body really cares about that title, and ur right the tag team is not being used properly on one hand Spirit Squad is not defending the titles and on the other hand kendrick and london are only defending it against K.C and Idol *_* it became kinda boring for me !!

thank u for ur opinion :thumbsup:

Yeah you need to stop the Double/Tripe Posting, go back and Edit your original Post rather than makig a new Post Please.

Hamed said:
HI,

Well dont u all think that RAW & Smackdown need another Title Belt ??

like for example bringing back the European Title for Raw and making a new title for Smackdown and giving the Hardcore Title for ECW

It is more fun when u see more titles, and it will make a Good Superstar like ( Flair, Benjamin, Masters, Nitro, Carlito, Crazy, Haas) look good with a Title, instead of making Hardy fight them all and keep winning and retaining his title and making his opponents like Masters for example look bad and keep losing every week, he could face 3 superstars while the other 4 battle on the European Title.

Imagine this in Raw someone like Flair could have the European title and face Benjamin while IC Title will be with Hardy to battle with Nitro, Masters & Super Crazy and Tag Team title will be between Spirit Squad vs Cryme Time and Womens Title between Lita and Mickie and WWE Title between Cena and who ever his opponent will be in coming days

so who agrees and who doesnt ??
i see your point, but there is enough titles it seems like there is not enough to go around but the wwe is tring to leave the titles on the champs for longer to make the titles look better and it does but for superstars like hass,benjamin,and other they get left out but i think they should leave it like it is there's already enough championships.

kiren134 said:
There are already 9 titles out there.
RAW- WWE, Intercont, Womens, Tag
SD- World, , US, Cru, Tag
ECw- ECW

9 titles.... honestly another 3 making it 12. Whats the point of even having a title? Theres no value in it if half the locker room is holding another. The number of titles detracts from the valve of them.

Although probably not feasible, and this has been mentioned before, I'd love it if there was one Heavyweigth champ. Spends 1 fortnight/month on a brand then rotates to/chooses another. The holder of the 2nd teir title, i.e. US, intercont, ECW TV title is the no.1 contender for that title - but he must relinquish it to challenge for the heavyweight title. The 2nd teir title is won by tournament, even battle royal. This would always keep the main event title picture fresh.

Plus this would give the opportunity to add 3rd teir titles... so structure would be
HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP - ALL brands
Raw: IC, Euro, womens, tag
SD: US, xxxx , cruiser, tag
ECW: TV, hardcore.

SO theres 10 instead of 12. 1 more title than we have now, but actually gives the 3rd teir belts purpose and adds ALOT of value to the heavyweight belt.

I like your idea except, why bring back the Euro, create a new one, and bring back the hardcore and TV....ECW needs another one for sure as it is, so go Hardcore, cause thats what there about....use this champion of champions match to actually crown a Undisputed World Heavy Weight Champion, and keep the ECW world title but rename it the ECW Title, and rename the raw and smackdown ones to the the Raw Heavyweight Title, and the Smackdown Heavyweight Title, and the Undisputed Champ should be on all three shows, but with only major story lines going for the brand with a payperview coming up, and use him on the other shows to start developing longer slower more indepth story lines that explode when after his current fued on the other show is done....and i'll take this oppertunity to address the tag division, there should only be one set of titles and they should rotate shows to, that way the division isn't watered down

Hamed said:
ECW Really needs more Titles

Raw & Smackdown yeah they have Titles but sometimes i feel good wrestlers are ignored they have no opportunity for Gold thats why if they added a title it will be nice cause these days we dont see much title matches like spirit squad tag champs but never defend their titles !! once a month maybe

thnx for replies.

ECW needs
ECW World TV Title
ECW Tag Title

WWE needs to
turn the Womens Title and Cruiserweight tiltes into Inter-brand titles, meaning the titles could be defended on any Brand.

Ok, how about this: create a storyline in which Eric Bishoff and Paul Heyman are in war from control of ECW. simply put, Eric takes over and renames it Nitro. So you got Raw, Smackdown, and Nitro. Now for the titles:

RAW: wwe title, european title, wwe tag team titles

SMACKDOWN!: world title, u.s. title, tag team titles

NITRO: World Intercontinal Title (the offical world title for Nitro) Television title, Tag Team titles and maybe the Hardcore title
As for the Women's title, it will be distributed interpromotionaly as well as the crus titles. As for the world champions themselves, every WM there would be a Champion of Champions Triple Threat match for the WM Undisputed title. after that the world titles will be vacant and start all over again.

WWE should concentrate on their current titles. The Cruiserweight and Womens titles are nearly redundant. The I.C. and U.S. titles have had so many champions over tha last few years that title changes mean very little.

I don't see the point in having another title on Raw, Smackdown or ECW. You only have to look at the cruiserweight division on Smackdown to know that there isn't enough people on Smackdown to hold another title. On Raw, there is also not enough competittion and another title would be again pointless. And ECW is too short to hold more than one title. One thing that could be looked at regarding titles is to spread the Women's Championship past Raw to the whole of WWE because there is hardly any womens WRESTLERS on Raw anymore as most of the women there are just 'eye candy'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back