• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Youngs gimmicks and gimmick change

Raven

Nevermore..
i mean EY is a great wrestler but he has had some bad gimmicks, lets take a loom shall we.

team canada gimmick- ok this was an ok gimmick he was utilized..some..but then with tna debuted on spike he began to be afraid of everything, a box of tissues, his pyro, pretty much anything and everything, yes even foreigners, i mean WTF, that part of his gimmick,being scared, stayed for a while after team canada disbanded

super eric- eric started a feaud with relik and black reign, and guess what..he was scared of monsters, yea, so he devolped his superhero alter-ego and yea i am getting a head ache just typing it, you get the idea

looking for elvis- he started a gimmick where he searched for elvis in tennesee, which was stoped after awesome kong beat up an elvis impersinator, thank goodness, that gimmick was horrible

prince justice brotherhood- SUPER ERICS BACK!! yay...... and this time hes recruited shark boy, and curry man....yea.... again horrble im not even going to explain you guys get the idea

now im going to skip ahead a little bit to now
orlando jordan tag team- he took a kick to the head and now teams with OJ and he's pretty much retarted now, i mean any1 who saw their match vs Ink inc. can back me up, again stupid gimmick

no lets go back
World elite- one of his best gimmicks in a LONG TIME he turned on the TNA frontline and recruited : the british invasion,kiyoshi, sheik abdul bashir, homicide, and later kevin nash. he shaved his head wore suits, and just wow that was amazing (and to sidetrack here TNA needs another world elite IMO) ok now back on track after every one pretty much left world elite and it was just EY with kevin nash "the band" came in and all these double crossing happen, nash on EY the band on nash, then nash and EY back together then they joined the band , then EY and nash on band, but during that time EY looked like a genuine badass, wearing the leather jacket white shirt jeans as his backstage attire, sporting the shaved head

now i beleive that TNA needs to utilize young more, he has great mic skills, great in-ring ability, and all the makings for a great gimmick if tna would just be smart, does any1 else agree with me? or did i just waist 30 minutes typing this up? lol but if any1 has any ideas for an EY gimmick please give that to.

I think EY is like Santino Marella in alot of ways. Both are good wrestlers and great on the mic. But to be honest I am happy enough with these guys having comedy gimmicks, instead of watching EY as a serious character like most TNA wrestlers are.

Eric Young should be happy he has a job and should settle for whatever gimmick he gets. He absolutely sucks as a serious wrestler, there is nothing interesting about him at all. Remember than feud he had with Jarrett? Me neither, cause it was shit.

Eric's stupid gimmicks, the PJB being my personal favorite, are much more entertaining and interesting than anything else he's ever done. I hope he keeps this one up for quite awhile. It's the only way he's going to entertain me and the only way he'll keep his job.

I've always enjoyed EY's work. He has always been a favorite of mine in TNA and while I'll never view him as more than a midcard I do wish he could have tasted the main event when he was at his best in World Elite. Really though this is probably where Eric belongs. He is funny and a guy who can make humor with whatever you give him. I enjoy him and OJ despite the fact that is really over the top. He is a nice change of pace type of character that allows you to sit back and get a few chuckles in. EY has always worked better in a non serious role and it fits him best despite the fact no one will take him as a serious contender.

true i like his gumick now and i beleive they could do more with it. and also hes a great wrestler u know why hes a great wrestler? Because hes canadian.

I think it depends on what young wants. I think if young is content to be viewed affectionately as a comedy/lovable fan favorite just like santino there is no reason why he shouldn't continue because he is really good at doing funny roles. However, if eric young is sick of all these stupid short-term gimmicks that his career is made up of then eric and hulk ought to give him the push. They shouldn't make the samoa joe or christopher daniels move where they either leave the guy or get rid of him because they don't know them well. the reason these guys are fan favories is because they helped build the company and are proven to be great talkers or athletes, and they will always have a TNA fan-base because of their contribution. Eric n hulk really ought to capitalise upon this.

So eric young, he can go and is a TNA long-term survivor. He only just settled for a smaller pay-package than he would have wanted but he shouldn't have to. He could be out there fulfilling a serious leadership world elite type role because we all know he can. Eric young is versatile, loyal and deserves more. It's guys like him just like sting was in WCW who should be the TNA flag-bearers because they put in the hours making the company what it is and have the capability to lead it. Eric young would benefit from a T.V. title reign under a serious gimmick.

Reactions: gd
Eric Young is TNA's Santino Marella. He is a joker, he's so funny. He's been with Tna for a while he's very loyal to Tna. He's a good wrestler and he's entertaining.

true i like his gumick now and i beleive they could do more with it. and also hes a great wrestler u know why hes a great wrestler? Because hes canadian.

U know y most canadians r good wrestlers? Bcos Stu Hart was ENGLISH! :lmao:

As much as I LOVED comedy EY falling over whenever his pyro went off behind him, But like Jim Cornette says "Funny don't draw money." I thought what TNA had in Eric Young was like what WWF has in Santino, A comedy guy you can bring on tv to lighten the mood at times. NEVER EVER in a day would I think that Eric Young had a serious side to him. When he formed the world elite and took it a step further by joining The Main Event Mafia, And then screwing them!!! Leaving his faction as the only one standing I was hooked and COULD NOT WAIT to see what this new Eric Young was going to do with his future. And then Hogan & Bishoff turn up and RUIN it all for Eric Young.:banghead: Since then he has flip flopped in n out with Nash & the band thing, And now playing second fiddle to Orlando Jordan :disappointed:

I heard last week that after Turning Point he was released from TNA, Then I see Eric Young commentating with Taz on xplosion. I hope this is not the end for Ol' EY as I would like to see that serious side of his again because to me that was his best gimmick :worship:

Im saying it right now!! im a big EY supporter even tho i hate to admit it but yeah im gonna go out and say it..hes great at any situation and really entertaining, i think if youre a long time fan of TNA like myself they you cannot say you dont remember your favorite EY moment..now ok i might get some $#!t for this but when i think about it im gonna say after everything ERIC YOUNG COULD IN FACT BE THE NEXT CHRIS JERICHO (IF HE GETS THE CHANCE AND RIGHT PUSH). i see alot of potential from him especially from a promo stand point. what really convinced me and made me realize this was in fact from his time in World Elite and i can say im not the only one who would say that was a big part in his career..but yeah i stick to what i say and i support EY for a future CHAMP.

Love EY. One of my favorite scenes was were he was trying to help Jarrett pass a lie detector test. He put a little croc or alligator on Jarrett's toe. For some reason, that amused me. :p

Eric deserves more respect for what he puts up with, really. He does his best and is a loyal guy, but he hasn't seemed to have earned a proper spot or gimmick. He's best as a comedy guy, IMO, but he can play serious if given the chance. I would have liked to see where World Elite would have gone, but his turn with OJ is keeping me happy enough. The bi-polar therapy skit cracked me up. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back