• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Young: face or heel or face or heel?

Do you care about Eric Young?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Seriously, if anyone has been watching tna since 'super' eric, you might have noticed the amount of times this particular man has changed from face to heel to face to heel etc. etc. etc...

what is it with tna and this guy..why can't they keep him a face or a heel?

lets be honest, does anyone care about eric young??

he turned heel once again, on impact joining the band. the band, i know the band is no wolfpac, but he joined the band...

tna have too much talent and just don't know what to do with them...

what do you people think about eric young turning heel again?

or do you simply not care about him?

should he just leave tna and wrestling forever??

let me know what you think?

I think that Eric young has been brought in to the band to fill in for Syxx-Pac because he really isn't used that much it would show that his heel turn is complete but on the other hand he could just of been brought to fill the void of that third man so that he could feud with Nash when they eventually win the tag titles because that everyone knows that Nash still has the tag-team title opportunity when ever he wants to cash in his feast of fired brief case.

They made him a heel so he could be the......."third man"

"Who's side is he on?" - Heenan
"What are you talking about?" -Rhodes
"Who's side is Eric young on?" - Heenan

"A career of a lifetime down the drain kid, I hope you like it" - Rhodes

"What have I been saying all these years about Eric Young...you humanoids" --Heenan

Eric has no...any thing. What is his signature move? The piledriver is the only time I remember him having ANY signature move. No personality, no mic skills, no unique move. I think this was written as Young has all ways been in good with the Band and they just now needed to drop his pseudo-feud with them. OR Nash paid him off. Either way it CAN make sense, like a lot of the TNA story lines, you just have to fill in the gaps your self. TNA has become realistic, and people aren't used to that. Just like Sting took forever to explain himself and Joe STILL hasn't...because they didn't/don't want to. Just like this, Young doesn't HAVE to explain himself. He should to make the stupid people watching feel better, but there's an air of mystery about it and about why he did it.

They need to weed out some of these Eric Young guys. These guys have no personality! There are plenty of guys out there that can do what Eric Young or any of the other guys can do! The key ingredient is the personality...it's much more rare than being able to do a backflip off of the ropes these days...

Eric Young needs a gimmeck and a new finisher, now in fear of getting attacked by every one here, im gonna post my thoughts.

I think EY would do good with a stone cold like gimmeck. Let me explain, i in no way, shape, or form think EY, or any one else for that matter, will ever be as good as stone cold. What I'm saying is that ever since EY came to TNA he has been in some sort of group, stable, tag team, and that crap with Bobby Roode. What I'm saying is after pac returns, have the band attack young and kick him out, then EY can play on the fact that he cant trust any body. DTA. If you look at him he has a simmilar look to austin, if he changes his move set to be a lil more agressive, ex. stomps, close handed fists, etc. and gets a quick finisher ex. stunner, ddt, neckbreaker, cutter. i think this can work. Just imagin EY comming out and saveing some one like hogan by taking out the whole band, and when hogan tries to raise his hand he hits him with a stunner, or what ever his move may be. I think it would be great.

Or if TNA want to go the cheap route, give him the shark boy treatment. make him a carbon copy of stone cold, hell i hated shark boy but couldnt help but to cheer for him when using Austin's gimmeck

I think EY would do good with a stone cold like gimmeck. Let me explain, i in no way, shape, or form think EY, or any one else for that matter, will ever be as good as stone cold. What I'm saying is that ever since EY came to TNA he has been in some sort of group, stable, tag team, and that crap with Bobby Roode. What I'm saying is after pac returns, have the band attack young and kick him out, then EY can play on the fact that he cant trust any body. DTA. If you look at him he has a simmilar look to austin, if he changes his move set to be a lil more agressive, ex. stomps, close handed fists, etc. and gets a quick finisher ex. stunner, ddt, neckbreaker, cutter. i think this can work. Just imagin EY comming out and saveing some one like hogan by taking out the whole band, and when hogan tries to raise his hand he hits him with a stunner, or what ever his move may be. I think it would be great.

Or if TNA want to go the cheap route, give him the shark boy treatment. make him a carbon copy of stone cold, hell i hated shark boy but couldnt help but to cheer for him when using Austin's gimmeck

the thing is, imay speak fo most people here when i say, you can't take him that serious nor do i think he can pull it off...

...did Edge-Head just say EY would save Hogan by taking out the whole band....? Eric Young having to save Hogan? Sure Hogan is old, but he's still in decent shape. and EY taking out the whole band? HA!

]
What I'm saying is after pac returns, have the band attack young and kick him out, then EY can play on the fact that he cant trust any body.

What sense would this make? I dont understand TNA. Young and Nash are friends. Nash turns on The Band to be with Young. Then Nash turns on Young to be with The Band(I get it, he used EY for the contracts). Then Nash destroys EY in the cage at LockDown. And Now, for no reason, EY joins The Band?
Great Booking TNA.

...did Edge-Head just say EY would save Hogan by taking out the whole band....? Eric Young having to save Hogan? Sure Hogan is old, but he's still in decent shape. and EY taking out the whole band? HA!

Eric Young taking out the whole band FOR Hulk Hogan would further ruin wrestling forever.

Some bum with out any personality or charima...comes out and beats up a bunch of guys who DID have ALOT of personality and charisma...and do it for a guy who had the most charisma in the history of wrestling??

Eric Young??

Sometimes I wonder about you guys. And then I'll flip on the wrestling shows and I'll put two and two together...

"ahhh...so this is why the wrestling product sucks these days..."

What sense would this make? I dont understand TNA. Young and Nash are friends. Nash turns on The Band to be with Young. Then Nash turns on Young to be with The Band(I get it, he used EY for the contracts). Then Nash destroys EY in the cage at LockDown. And Now, for no reason, EY joins The Band?
Great Booking TNA.

If you ever watched wrestling before last week you'd know that this sort of thing happens all the time.

Back when the NWO first started...Hall hit Eric Bischoff in the stomach and Nash jacknife powerbombed him off the stage onto a bunch of tables and equipment...only to then join the NWO soon after.

"If you can't beat em...join em..."

Hell I'm surprised that 43% of people in the poll right now care about Eric Young. He's pretty worthless. That might be a bit harsh, but he's certainly not invaluable to the company in anyway. I agree that there are plenty of wrestlers out there that can do what Young is doing and probably do it better. I think a lot TNA loyalist are biased to him because he's an original, but they need to remove the blinders.

He looks like an overgrown midget, thats first. Young will never be "over" with the crowd because he doesn't have a good look. 2nd, I agree that his in-ring work is WAY overrated. And 3rd, his personality is as interesting as watching paint dry. Basically, the only thing he has going for him is that he's OK on the mic and he has that cool, deep, raspy voice....and that's basically it. OH, and he's friends with Kevin Nash which is the ENTIRE reason that he's been getting this push. TNA needs to cut waste like him that's holding them back.

PS Bottomline: TNA needs new creative people. EY is the lamest nickname of all-time. Changing from Christopher Daniels to just plain Daniels was stupid. Hernandez, ditto. EY, just annoying. Hard to get a wrestler over if his character's name is douche-bag, you know what I'm saying? But what's in a name, right?

If you ever watched wrestling before last week you'd know that this sort of thing happens all the time.

Back when the NWO first started...Hall hit Eric Bischoff in the stomach and Nash jacknife powerbombed him off the stage onto a bunch of tables and equipment...only to then join the NWO soon after.

"If you can't beat em...join em..."

Yea, happens all the time. Guys go from heel to face every other week and join the men they feud with.

I get it, it has happened before. But that was with Bischoff. Not a wrestler who got backstabbed by someone, then beat up for a few weeks and then join them. It's just ridiculous.

The fact that you can't see the absurdity of this is beyond me. I get your if you can't beat em' join em', but not a week after you just got destroyed! If it took some time and then it happened, maybe it is more acceptable. What my problem is, is that this story has changed every week or 2-it is too much change for no reason. Bischoff gave a back story as to why he did what he did.

And Bischoff by NO means joined "soon after". It was atleast a good 3-4 months before he joined. Even if it was 2 months, that is WAAAYY better than turning every other week.

Yea, happens all the time. Guys go from heel to face every other week and join the men they feud with.

I get it, it has happened before. But that was with Bischoff. Not a wrestler who got backstabbed by someone, then beat up for a few weeks and then join them. It's just ridiculous.

The fact that you can't see the absurdity of this is beyond me. I get your if you can't beat em' join em', but not a week after you just got destroyed! If it took some time and then it happened, maybe it is more acceptable. What my problem is, is that this story has changed every week or 2-it is too much change for no reason. Bischoff gave a back story as to why he did what he did.

No, I understand what you're saying. How about when Hogan went on the TNA tron and talked down to Jeff Jarrett for no reason. There was that big scandal that Hogan came across "heelish"...at the same time you have Eric Bischoff having a pretty big feud with Jeff Jarrett...not allowing him to have entrance music, etc. Then only a couple of weeks later, Hogan has Jarrett on "Team Hogan" and Bischoff becomes a good guy again at the pay per view and nothing is ever spoke of again.

The gimmick's are just all over the place in general. Eric Youngs may make even more sense than the Hogan/Jarrett/Bischoff fiasco because what the hell was Eric Young going to be on his own?? Absolutely nothing. So they had to work him back into relevancy again...and unfortunately that meant to flip him, yet again, back to being a heel. It's stupid...but it is what it is. He would have never been able to survive on his own...not a chance in hell. They knew that...and made the move.

Bottom line is, they need to get their stories down straight...it seems like they're just making it up on a whim the day they have a show

No, I understand what you're saying. How about when Hogan went on the TNA tron and talked down to Jeff Jarrett for no reason. There was that big scandal that Hogan came across "heelish"...at the same time you have Eric Bischoff having a pretty big feud with Jeff Jarrett...not allowing him to have entrance music, etc. Then only a couple of weeks later, Hogan has Jarrett on "Team Hogan" and Bischoff becomes a good guy again at the pay per view and nothing is ever spoke of again.

The gimmick's are just all over the place in general. Eric Youngs may make even more sense than the Hogan/Jarrett/Bischoff fiasco because what the hell was Eric Young going to be on his own?? Absolutely nothing. So they had to work him back into relevancy again...and unfortunately that meant to flip him, yet again, back to being a heel. It's stupid...but it is what it is. He would have never been able to survive on his own...not a chance in hell. They knew that...and made the move.

Bottom line is, they need to get their stories down straight...it seems like they're just making it up on a whim the day they have a show

Exactly. If I remember correctly I feel like Jarrett was humiliated and eventually earned Hogans respect? IDK. But that's not the point. You are 100% right with that seemingly making these stories up.

This has been TNA's problem since day 1. Inconsistency with storylines. They put together good feuds, and then destroy them 2 weeks later. As insignificant as EY is to TNA this story just shows a problem in creative. If you are going to do something with a guy, make sure it makes sense!

Anyone remember Hardy fighting with Homicide on his debut?? And then Homicide disappeared from TNA

I don't care for Eric Young. Never have and never will. Like someone said, there's plenty of other people who TNA can use to take his spot...and do it better. As previously mentioned, his friendship with Kevin Nash is pretty much the only reason why he still has a job in TNA. If not for that, he would've been out on his ass a long time ago.

TNA has a lot of great talent on its hands with guys like Pope, Wolfe, Anderson and Hardy among others. But they don't have any consistency or credibility with the storylines. I'm willing to suspend belief for the sake of entertainment, but I'm not an idiot.

How are we suppose to buy into the idea that Eric Young just joins the Band out of the blue after getting annihilated by them only a couple of weeks prior? Or are we suppose to forget everything that happened before and accept this as it is?

I'm not just bashing TNA because WWE has been guilty of this kind of thing in the past, although not as abundant or frequent as TNA. Let's look at the Pope: one day, he's primped and prepared to dethrone AJ Styles as the TNA World Champion and the next, he's pushed aside for Rob Van Dam to take the gold. Nothing against RVD because I've always been a follower of his, but his time in the spotlight is over.

I liked EY when they turned him heel and basically made him copy Chris Jericho. I think had he not gotten lost in the shuffle with World Elite and the Mafia, and been able to continue his feud with Jeff Jarrett, he would have been able to get more over than where he is now. Right now, he's nothing. He tagged along with The Band, and since they kicked him out, he's done nothing. I'm not saying he would be main event by now, but he would at least be doing something.

When I started watching TNA, it was around the time of "Don't Fire Eric"...I really didn't start to "notice" (or "care" about) EY until he cut off his bleached hair, and essentially became the mouth-piece for World Elite.

To answer one of the questions that the OP asked, yes I do care about Eric Young...or, at least did care about him.

I agree with most of the posts so far, EY has flip-flopped too much between face & heel status (especially lately). Hopefully this time "The Band" won't turn on him any time soon, and allow him to get the rub from being in the group. It kinda worked for Konnan back in the day, no one could give a shit about that guy before joining the nWo/wolfpac.

I think Young could be a character that the fans would care about, if given the right program. Hahaha! ...can't remember who said it, but someone said he looked like a "overgrown midget" or something to that effect. Ha! True, his look leaves something to be desired, but he is gifted on the mic...somewhat of a rarity in this new wrestling generation. He could get over with just his words, if given the right things to say.

In the short time I've been watching TNA (three or four years), I think Eric Young works better as a heel. Like I said earlier, I didn't really think of him as an up-and-comer until seeing him cut off his blond-hair and join W/E. During that time, I thought "wow, this guy could actually go somewhere in this business". Hopefully TNA can make me a believer again.

I like EY. But I do not honestly think that TNA, or any other company for that, is going to figure out how to make him worth anything.

EY is technically sound. He can perform and sell his craft. He is not spectacular. I can't recall anything really special that he has ever done. Honestly, for me, Shark Boy coming out of his coma with Stone Cold's persona is more memorable than anything EY has ever done.

I feel bad for the guy and I hope it works out for him. I want to be proven wrong because he seems like a hardworking guy that has been through a lot so far in TNA.

I prefer him as a heel for now. Let him build a reputation as someone that uses short cuts to get ahead. This would allow him to get wins over midcard to higer up faces. Maybe there could be hope...but again WTF do I know.

I thought the don't fire Eric angle was somewhat entertaining, but other than that I couldn't care less about him. I think he's a horrible heel especially as the leader of world elite. He fits the role of a comedic face like Santino in my opinion. Flip flopping someone between heel and face so often especially when it doesn't make sense will make the fans not care about that person.

It reminds me of how WCW did the same with my favorite wrestler of all time Bret Hart. They turned him so many times in a short period of time it made no sense. It was horrible booking then as it is now in TNA.

In the last year they turned EY between four to six times depending on what you consider a turn.

EY reuniting with the Band just weeks after he was betrayed, then destroyed, by Nash was pointless. The only thing i can think of is EY wants to "get Nash back" by pretending to align with him but turn on him when the moment is right.

They have tried several times to make EY a top guy. I think it started when Joe asked for EY to replace Hall. Then there was team Elite. Then there was a few weeks ago when he teamed with RVD and Jeff Hardy. Each time though, the push stopped cold.

I think the EY / Nash cage match was silly for three reasons:
1.) There was already a cage match recently.
2.) A cage match is for a culmination of a long feud.
3.) EY doesn't look like he could beat Nash. Booking would have him go over Nash, then continue the feud with Nash wanting revenge. This didn't happen.

Isn't that what they did with Bichoff...they beat the crap out of him for a few weeks, then introduced him as their 'secret' member? EY was great as a comedy/underdog kind of act, but he can't really pull off being a mean heel, or a badass face. I think they pretty much wrecked any chance of him being useful with this latest move.

Regardless of what he is, EY is pretty much shit. He's one of the guys that is probably only there because of his connection with Jarrett, or at least that's how he got there in the first place. He's not that good in the ring, his voice makes my ears bleed, and his jeans are just as silly as Morgan's.

Him turning every 2 seconds hasn't really helped him either. Maybe if they would've stuck with the angle where he turned on JJ it could've eventually amounted to something, but I don't think he ever even had a match with JJ, other than a 2 minute one on Impact. He's just hopeless now. His only chance to generate any interest is to go back to Super Eric.

Maybe it's just because I just recently starting watching Impact but I could care less about Eric Young. What the hell do people see in him? He's short, boring, and from what I can tell, lacking any kind of personality.

Eric has no...any thing. What is his signature move? The piledriver is the only time I remember him having ANY signature move. No personality, no mic skills, no unique move. I think this was written as Young has all ways been in good with the Band and they just now needed to drop his pseudo-feud with them. OR Nash paid him off. Either way it CAN make sense, like a lot of the TNA story lines, you just have to fill in the gaps your self. TNA has become realistic, and people aren't used to that. Just like Sting took forever to explain himself and Joe STILL hasn't...because they didn't/don't want to. Just like this, Young doesn't HAVE to explain himself. He should to make the stupid people watching feel better, but there's an air of mystery about it and about why he did it.

With all the praise you just heaped on EY, I'm not sure where the air of mystery comes in. I looked at it as "oh look, he's heel again." I don't even care for an explanation. The guy's just bland. He's gotten alot of mic time, but he doesn't really connect. I just can't take him seriously. Isn't this rapid face/heel changes what many have been complaining about? That TNA changes wrestlers before they can grasp their current roles?

And wrestling is basically a soap opera/action drama, whatever. And like such shows, actions do require explanations at some point for the story to have relevance and a big payoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back