• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Escobar.....and Vickie

Saritafan

TNA FIRE ORLANDO JORDAN HE SUCKS
I want to know all of your thoughts on this guy Eric Escobar,what do you think of him,he was paired up with Vickie Guerrero so he must mean something, believe it or not, Vickie does have star power in her own right

Thoughts on him???

I hope Eddie bursts up from under the ring one day and pulls Escobar down with him.

Really, this whole thing about Vickie being the ****e of all the WWE is getting quite old. Yes she gets great heel heat and that can help a Superstar she manages/gives a free blowjob to (Kayfabe, of course) but I feel that Vickie the ****e is stale. Bring back Vickie the Heet Magnet...LATINO/A HEAT. :D

ive said it before ill say it again.. Eric Escobar is nothing but a fat slob.. he was horrible in FCW how he kept the belt for so long down there is beyond me.. and he was really rude to fans at the showing that i went to.. I don't think i have ever seen him do a finishing move every match he won with the title was a lame roll over schoolboy he had no flare in the ring period.. Hes not going to get much time on SD! im sure him being new and vince pushing Drew over him.. (and i enjoyed Drew in FCW) so hes gonna have no time to make a name for himself.

Him being with Vickie might be the only saving grace he might get.. they need to dump theo long back on ECW and make her SD GM again if they want to try and push escobar... her being his manager (who has a manager now a days?) is gonna do nothing for him but make him a butt of alot of bad vickie jokes..

Send his ass back down to FCW till he can get some real character imo

When I first saw Eric Escobar, I thought to myself that he looks like a star. If WWE made the decision to pair him up with Vickie, then they obviously see something in him. However, I fail to see much in him now. His 2 WWE matches, so far, hasn't impressed me much. One thing I can say is, if Eric Escobar continues going this way (boring, less than generic), and still manages to make a name for himself, we all know who to thank. If he reaches somewhere high, it's all because of Vickie.

I was shocked to see he was being placed in the Bragging Rights main event, and then relieved to see him taken off the card completely. He has a decent look, and with Vickie under...I mean beside...him, he can truly learn how to be a heel, and get real heat.

But, he needs to show he has the talent to back it up first. Let him work a few matches on SD, slowly gaining some steam, and then throw him on a PPV if you want to push him fast. But, whatever you do, do not let him get to a PPV after his first match, without a clean win.

When I first saw that Eric Escobar and Drew McIntyre were placed in the main event for Bragging Rights I was quite surprised. I seriously thought that they were going to give these two mega pushes. But then I was also relieved to see them removed from it.

He needs to have more matches though before even being on a PPV. I mean how can the WWE honestly have expected us to believe he would stand a chance in the ring with guys like DX or Big Show when he's only had one match under his belt---that he didn't even win on his own.

Although it is good to see Vickie Guerrero back. With her being his manager/valet he can learn a lot. She can help him to garner heat from the crowd. She can help him become a great heel.

I feel like he hasn't showed us who he is though. I mean we know Eric Escobar the character but when he has a promo it seems forced. It seems like he is trying to hard to come across as a heel. He needs to let it play out naturally and not try so hard.

Bland wrestler with no personality what-so-ever and was just paired with Vickie so people could actually recognize and associate him with something.

Boring, out of shape and shouldn't have been called up. To see him getting any kind of push over guys like Truth, Hardy, and Knox is an insult in itself. He was paired with Vickie so the crowd could at least care about him a little, but he still can't get any heat, and he is going to steal heat from Vickie if they remain a pair.

I've been watching some Escobar's matches from FCW on Youtube, and I must say nothing really made me jump out of my chair, and say, "holy shit! this guys needs a huge push!". Being paired with Vickie is a big deal. She gets tons of heat from the crowd, and since they're doing the whole boyfriend/girlfriend storyline, it must mean WWE has big plans for Escobar. Since it seems WWE is getting Dolph Ziggler out of the IC title picture, maybe Escobar will take his place.

Aside from anything we know about Eric Escobar, I want to know why he got a chance to start straight off on Smackdown. Every other that "arrives" from FCW has to go through ECW first, and it has worked for a lot of people. Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, and the Hart Dynasty all started on ECW, and had their chance to shine before being moved elsewhere. Currently there's guys like Abraham Washington, Sheamus, and Yoshi Tatsu competing, and doing well, and aren't getting near the love from WWE that Eric has.

I think it's all a joke. I'm not saying he'd be a success if he was placed on ECW, but at least we'd know what to expect, and he wouldn't be near main eventing pay-per-views.

Bland wrestler with no personality what-so-ever and was just paired with Vickie so people could actually recognize and associate him with something.

That's about right. I can't for the life of me work out why they hired him. He's decidely average in the ring but he's also a personality vacuum. I'm pretty certain he won't last long at all. He has a reputation for being mentally unstable and moreso since he got moved up.

So far he has failed to impress me.

First was the hardy match which was average and then Vince doesn't have faith in him to be in the 7 man match. If I was really interested I would look up some FCW matches but he doesn't even have the "It" factor that would push me to do so.

They even paired him with Vickie, the woman with most heat possibly ever, and after she announces his name the crowd goes from intense booing to dead silence. She doesn't even know his name, if you listen she says "escobon". With trips putting him down it's not making it easy to like him.

ive said it before ill say it again.. Eric Escobar is nothing but a fat slob.. he was horrible in FCW how he kept the belt for so long down there is beyond me.. and he was really rude to fans at the showing that i went to.. I don't think i have ever seen him do a finishing move every match he won with the title was a lame roll over schoolboy he had no flare in the ring period.. Hes not going to get much time on SD! im sure him being new and vince pushing Drew over him.. (and i enjoyed Drew in FCW) so hes gonna have no time to make a name for himself.

Him being with Vickie might be the only saving grace he might get.. they need to dump theo long back on ECW and make her SD GM again if they want to try and push escobar... her being his manager (who has a manager now a days?) is gonna do nothing for him but make him a butt of alot of bad vickie jokes..

Send his ass back down to FCW till he can get some real character imo

I have to say that I agree with this. Personally, I didn't get into Eric Escobar myself. I would've much preferred they brought up Heath Miller, or even Trent Baretta and his partner ("Dudebusters"). Heck, Justin Angel at this point would've been a great addition to the Smackdown roster more so than Escobar is. The only good thing I saw about this guy was how well to put together a videopackage of his was...though his matches always made me wonder if it was the same guy in said video.

Apart from the fact that the angle doesn't really make sense, how can he use Vickie when she doesn't have a job or vested interest in the company anymore?, but yeah apart from that there is just an incredibly generic professional wrestling heel wuth very little going for him. The presence of Vickie is all he has, and I can only think that she will be around for a long time, otherwise Escobar is in trouble. That's the problem with managers that are famous beforehand, once people lose them, they're nothing.

But anyway, Escobar is boring and I just see him as a place filler for the time being. The only possibility for his long term future is a feud with Edge. Edge and Vickie didn't really break up properly and Edge is going to come back as a face. After he's feuded with Jericho, he'll need something to do, and this seems perfect, as it will make Escobar look like someone you should care about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back