• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Enzo Maccarinelli Plans On Moving Down To Light-Heavyweight

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
I read this on a boxing related website. He's a Welsh fighter that was making a little noise a few years back that soon ran into David Haye in a Cruiserweight unification bout and was destroyed in two rounds.

Since then, he's tried to rebound, but has lost more than he's won. He simply doesn't have the chin for 200 pounds. Still, he thinks that Welsh boxing would benefit from his success, considering Joe Calzaghe, Wales best fighter in the last decade, retired recently.

"We've had some really good Welsh fighters on the scene in the past couple of years but between Joe's retirement and myself it has slowed a little," he said.

However, he thinks there is a bit of a reemergence with his move to 175 pounds and some prospects coming up.

"But now there are these young guys coming through and I am coming back to fight in the Light-Heavyweight division because my desire is still strong."

Honestly. I'm not sure about how well he can do at the weight drop. In boxing, losing that weight can drain you. He might be taking smaller punches, but he could be weakened by the weight loss.

Nonetheless, he was a soft 200 pounds. So, maybe the drop is exactly what he needs.

Your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back