En route to Survivor Series with a pinch of anxiety

smizzy

Doubt it, bud.
Currently heading north on trusty ole I-55 (starting threads at 80mph like idgaf) with a Survivor Series ticket in my possession. That sounds fine and dandy, however, there are a few slight down sides:

• I'm by myself; none of my friends are "into that fake shit".
  • St. Louis is filled with angst awaiting the Mike Brown verdict.
  • I'm white.
Problem here is I park at a mall that is a 5-8 minute walk from the arena and there's always a clan of suspect looking individuals posted up on the side of the street that I cross over to walk towards Scottrade Center. They usually just want to sell a ticket to the event, an Amtrak ticket, occasionally a little weed. I can't help but be worried about their agenda tonight as I walk back like a stray sheep.

Someone comfort me and tell me my worries are for naught.

Also, I'm beginning to think this "Justice for Darren Wilson" shirt was a bad idea..

20070803061307!You_gonna_get_raped.jpg

So, did you make it to the arena in one piece?
Did indeed! Had one close call with a blindsided attack. Ended up just being my shadow.

Probably getting raped.
Right you are; just spent $18 bucks on a Gold Peak and nacho combo.

Well, this may be my last post on these forums. I fully anticipate being intercepted by the angry mobs before making it back to my car. If this holds true, it was a hell of a run guys, but my dying wish is to win the Posters Tournament. Vote in memory of Smizzy.

I was approaching my car, giddy from what had just transpired inside of Scottrade Center. I was so enamored by what I'd witnessed that all of my previous fears had dissipated. I had a hint of a skip in my step and was whistling the Andy Griffith theme song. I was close enough to my car that I was just about to remove my keys from my pocket and click 'unlock' when suddenly a wild group of vigilantes appeared from practically no where and had me surrounded. I immediately accepted the fact that I was a dead man.

"Lone pup, huh?"
"The fuck you whistling for?"
"You almost made it to your car. Almost!"
"I got dibs on his shoes, bruh."

I wanted to run. I thought that maybe I could make it to my car in time to lock the door and peel out. However the feeling of cold metal to my temple made me realize that it wasn't going to happen. I was going to die. Fear was replaced with anger. I knew I should have paid the goddamn $20 for the garage!!

"Not smart, not smart at all. This is Michael Brown country."
"Yeah, you finna learn boy!"

I was lifted by the collar of my shirt by a hooded, beefy figure. I scanned the horizon for help. There was none to be found. I was going to die. Darren Wilson, you motherfucker.

I heard the distinct sound of a pistol being cocked. This is it. I hoped they'd get it over quickly. I couldn't look. And then out of nowhere their grip was relinquished and an eery silence fell over the scene. I opened one eye wondering what the fuck was happening. The group of Michael Brown soldiers now looked more scared than I did. I was confused as to what I did to scare them. Had I popped an erection out of fright? I looked down at my pants: no boner.

And then I saw it: 20 feet ahead, directly underneath a streetlight being sprayed by a light mist was STING! He slowly walked towards all of us, bat in hand. He made his way to the man that was previously hoisting me by the collar and stopped within a foot of his face. The two exchanged a staredown. After a long moment of this, Sting pointed at me with his bat and tilted his head. The vigilante slowly turned around to face me. It had been raining, but I could tell that there were legitimate tears running down his cheeks.

"Sir, I am so, so, so very sorry about all of this."
"Yeah, man. We ain't mean no harm."
"For real, buddy. In fact, take this twenty for some gas on your way home."
"Why don't you let us walk you to your car. You never know what kind of crazy people could be out here, you know?"

I accepted the twenty from the shaking hand of one of the vigilantes and then proceeded to walk with them towards my car. They each individually gave me a hug and wished me a safe trip home before walking away. I was amazed and also so grateful. I needed to say thanks to Sting; he'd just saved my life. I looked back in the direction that Sting had been standing. There was no longer any Sting in sight. He was gone just as quickly as he arrived.

Sting saved my life tonight and I'm forever grateful.

I was approaching my car, giddy from what had just transpired inside of Scottrade Center. I was so enamored by what I'd witnessed that all of my previous fears had dissipated. I had a hint of a skip in my step and was whistling the Andy Griffith theme song. I was close enough to my car that I was just about to remove my keys from my pocket and click 'unlock' when suddenly a wild group of vigilantes appeared from practically no where and had me surrounded. I immediately accepted the fact that I was a dead man.

"Lone pup, huh?"

I wanted to run. I thought that maybe I could make it to my car in time to lock the door and peel out. However the feeling of cold metal to my temple made me realize that it wasn't going to happen. I was going to die. Fear was replaced with anger. I knew I should have paid the goddamn $20 for the garage!!

I was lifted by the collar of my shirt by a hooded, beefy figure. I scanned the horizon for help. There was none to be found. I was going to die. Darren Wilson, you motherfucker.

I heard the distinct sound of a pistol being cocked. This is it. I hoped they'd get it over quickly. I couldn't look. And then out of nowhere their grip was relinquished and an eery silence fell over the scene. I opened one eye wondering what the fuck was happening. The group of Michael Brown soldiers now looked more scared than I did. I was confused as to what I did to scare them. Had I popped an erection out of fright? I looked down at my pants: no boner.

And then I saw it: 20 feet ahead, directly underneath a streetlight being sprayed by a light mist was STING! He slowly walked towards all of us, bat in hand. He made his way to the man that was previously hoisting me by the collar and stopped within a foot of his face. The two exchanged a staredown. After a long moment of this, Sting pointed at me with his bat and tilted his head. The vigilante slowly turned around to face me. It had been raining, but I could tell that there were legitimate tears running down his cheeks.

"Why don't you let us walk you to your car. You never know what kind of crazy people could be out here, you know?"

I accepted the twenty from the shaking hand of one of the vigilantes and then proceeded to walk with them towards my car. They each individually gave me a hug and wished me a safe trip home before walking away. I was amazed and also so grateful. I needed to say thanks to Sting; he'd just saved my life. I looked back in the direction that Sting had been standing. There was no longer any Sting in sight. He was gone just as quickly as he arrived.

I don't know weather to like or dislike this... Somebody tell meeeeeeee

"Lone pup, huh?"

That weed you bought on the way to the show may have been PCP.

So what was the live response to the debut of Sting like in person? Sometimes it's hard to tell how a pop translates on TV. It seemed like he got a pretty decent crowd response, I was wondering what your take on it was seeing how you were lucky enough to be there, and you were fortunate enough to make it home alive to discuss it.

So what was the live response to the debut of Sting like in person? Sometimes it's hard to tell how a pop translates on TV. It seemed like he got a pretty decent crowd response, I was wondering what your take on it was seeing how you were lucky enough to be there, and you were fortunate enough to make it home alive to discuss it.

Personally, it was a nice surprise considering I mildly expected it, first off, because of the rumors, and then secondly, Vince dropped a pretty big hint in his opening promo. "I can guaran-DAMN-tee you this will be a Survivor Series you'll never forget." I immediately thought of Sting. But at the same time I figured it probably wouldn't come to fruition.

As for the rest of the crowd, everyone was chanting for Orton. He's our hometown guy. Many were chanting for him expecting he'd come out to save the day. But when Sting's music hit, it was just an uproar. I'm talking frantic screams! Like I mentioned in the LD, there were several people reduced to tears. I kind of got a kick out of one of the people in my row; they were just sitting their frozen with their phone out filming the entire thing, gawking with tears just rolling :lmao:. I really was thrilled to see it. I thought it might happen but did not expect it to actually happen and when it did, my hair stood on end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back