• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EliteXC: Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli Aftermath

jmt225

Global Moderator
The show kicks off at 9:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time on CBS. Here's the main card:
-Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Ken Shamrock
-Jake Shields (#5 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Paul Daley
-Andrei Arlovski (#4 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Roy Nelson
-Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobald
-Benji Radach vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua

Should be a really enjoyable show. Yes, the main even is a bit of a sideshow, but whatever. The crowd's going to be heavily into it and it should be exciting as fuck.

Anyway, my predictions are as follows:

Benji Radach vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua - I have to be honest here, I've seen Rua fight a couple of times, but never seen Radach fight, so I have to pick Rua just because of that.

Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobald - I am a HUGE Gina Carano fan and I'm definitely rooting for her. No one should be taken lightly in MMA, but Kobald should be no challenge for Gina. So after she wipes the floor with her, hopefully we can then finally see Gina Carano vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, which, in my opinion, is good enough to be a main event fight.

Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy Nelson - Big fan of Arlovski's and I don't care for Nelson, so obviously picking Arlovski here. I'm curious to see what AA's next move will be after this fight.

Jake Shields vs. Paul Daley - Basically, the same scenario as the two fights above. I'm a huge fan of Jake Shields fan and I don't give a damn about this Daley guy. Shields comes out of the Cesar Gracie camp (same camp as the Diaz brothers), so you know he will be fully prepared for this fight even though it's against a weak opponent compared to his skills. But really, EliteXC hardly has any good Welterweights to give him a challenge. So he should vastly become on of their "Golden Boys", so to speak.

Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock - Kimbo Slice wins this by first round knockout. Can Ken do better then that? Yes, but he won't. I just know the dumb fuck will go in there and stand with the guy, in which case get his head knocked off. BUT, if by some miracle Ken does go in there and fights with his head instead of pride and constantly goes for takedowns, then he could easily catch Kimbo in a submission, or even go the full three rounds and win by decision, but it's not happening.

EDIT: Here's the weigh in from today. It's worth watching for the 2:14 to 3:40 mark (which is a bit awkward, but still hot) and the 6:50 mark (which is obviously staged, but still funny):

[youtube]5I2uyHunztM[/youtube]

Shamrock has been done for years now. I'll piss myself if he wins. He'll almost destroy the whole promotionif he wins. If Kimbo loses, who else do they really have to make that promotion into something?

It's going nowhere as it is, but a Shamrock victory will seal it's fate.

Turns out Shamrock got hurt while training, and now Seth Petruzelli is going to take his place.

It's probably for the best for Shamrock. He would have been thoroughly embarrassed tonight. Slice will defeat this can, and there are still going to be major questions about how serious he can actually be taken. Of course, the questions would have been there either way, whether or not he faced Shamrock, but still.

I agree with what has been said ken shamrock would have been knocked out plain and simple on top of that he came in weighing 206 pounds in a HW bout thats insane they have a 35 pound difference. Even frank said what hes doing is crazy.

I'm just watching this because of Andrei Arlovski. Also, I'm a little disappointed about Shamrock injury, not because I like the guy, but because i wanted to see Kimbo rip his fucking head off. I wonder how bad this is going to affect the ratings.
Anyway, it should be a OK show, I mean, We still have Gina Carano's match!!!
H(.)(.)T!! lol. :D

I almost put $50 on Petruzelli, and I wish I did. Kimbo is DONE. Fourteen goddamn seconds in the first round, and he busted Kimbo wide open. Kimbo and EliteXC have to be bullshit right now that Shamrock got his eye busted open.

Considering how EliteXC and Affliction have a working agreement, and they pushed the living hell out of Fedor Emilianenko tonight during each commercial, if EliteXC get another card on CBS, they're going to be pushing the right guy towards the mainstream in Fedor.

I don't know where Kimbo goes from here. He's finally been exposed as nothing but a hype machine.

Man, on one hand, I felt jipped when I found out that Shamrock wasn’t fighting, but it turned out for the best. I use to kind of like Kimbo, but after his pre-interview and the way he reacted to the loss (like he didn’t care; you know, how he just went on to plug his stupid party), I lost respect for him and it doesn’t bother me at all he got embarrassed. Also, I can’t believe how fucking weak his chin is. Not saying Seth punches soft, but I just always thought, from watching all his street fights and his bout against Tank, that if Kimbo had one good quality, it was that he had a strong chin, but fuck was I wrong, huh?

Anyway, rest of the show was very solid.

Rua vs. Benji was fucking fun as hell while it lasted. Those two really went at it. I thought for a minute there that there was going to be a double knockout.

Gina was awesome tonight, as usual. I can’t wait for her and Cyborg to go at it, but if they do, I want it to be the main event and I would also like it to be 3 5 minutes rounds, instead of this 3 minute bullshit. But yeah... can’t wait for that fight. It’s going to break my heart though if Gina gets her ass kicked.

AA was okay tonight. Big Boy passed his guard easily though, which leaves me to believe that AA really doesn’t stand a chance against Fedor, if they do end up fighting. I never thought AA would beat Fedor, but now I’m positive there’s no chance in hell he would last in there long with him. I wouldn’t say Fedor is behind AA in striking, but if he is, it’s not by much and what AA showed tonight on the ground, he’s light years behind Fedor in that aspect. Also, his wrestling looked weak too. He should’ve sprawled in that first round instead of trying to press it against the cage like a moron. Shit it seems like I’m bashing AA now, but I don’t attend to do that because I like him a lot; I’m just sort of disappointed with that first round performance. That knockout was awesome, though.

And Jake Shields looked great. Like I said in my first post, I’ve been a fan of his strictly just because he fights for the Cesar Gracie camp, and I’m happy he’s bringing some more credibility to that camp by performing so well lately. Problem is though is that there’s not much competition in the Welterweight division in EliteXC. I would really like to see him go to the UFC and chase after GSP’s (or by that time, BJ Penn’s) title.

HAHAHA!!! Kimbo just got his ass kicked, bad!!! 14 fucking seconds?? Oh boy... even he said in the post-fight interview that "it's all good" LMAO. When asked what happened, he just said that "we still have the party tonight"
What kind of MMA fighter is this? Kimbo is DONE as Pete said well. What's next? Hopefully EliteXC can seal the deal with Tito and we can see Tito vs Shamrock, part 213174148, lol.
No, seriously, I guess they are going to try again with Shamrock vs Kimbo. Hopefully this time we can see this happening.

All I can say regarding Kimbo now....

Nana nana nana nana hey hey hey!

Good bye!

What a fucking embarrassment...14 seconds! lol. I'm sure the Shaws were going mad over the result.

EDIT JAKE: Add more next time.

[youtube]ur4GfOJ9Q7U[/youtube]

He got what was coming to him as soon as i saw full contact karate champ under seth fighting style i said ahahahahahahaha. Ken shamrock just destroyed eliteXC. Also that punch that knocked him down looked like a very light jab to me. Good night elitexc thats what you get not putting Andrei Arlovski as your main event.

I laughed my ass off at that fight. Just the thought of a guy 30 pounds lighter knocking out another guy is hilarious. Kimbo Slice is done as a fighter. They tried to save his face value by saying he had courage for taking that fight within a hours notice. But if he was a real fighter it wouldnt of mattered how long he had to prepare. He had 130 pounds on the guy. He coulda just took him down and layed on him. Hopefully Kimbo's next fight will be against Tito Ortiz. I would love to see Tito destroy Kimbo!

He got what was coming to him as soon as i saw full contact karate champ under seth fighting style i said ahahahahahahaha. Ken shamrock just destroyed eliteXC. Also that punch that knocked him down looked like a very light jab to me. Good night elitexc thats what you get not putting Andrei Arlovski as your main event.

So it was a light jab that split his eye brow open?

He got caught. It should have been embarrassing for him, but Petruzelli was a former UFC guy who is hungry for a comeback. Hardcore fans will say he's nothing special, but promoting the guy who knocked out Kimbo will at least get some casual watchers, which will help Affliction, or wherever he ends up after this.

They both seem to want a rematch, so maybe that will be Kimbo's saving grace. Another chance would be helpful to EliteXC, but without it, that promotion is dead, which is a shame, because they had a few talented fighters.

Does anyone know why KJ Noons wasn't on that card? He seemed impressive. And what happened to Antonio Silva? He has been dominant in EliteXC, and seemingly was going to kill Kimbo before moving up to UFC or Affliction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back