Elimination Chamber review

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Since Iiked doing this for the rumble, I decided to continue with elimination chamber. So here are my thought on the show.

Overall I thought this was a really strong show.

Before I review match by match I got a few point I want to comment on about the event itself.
First, I love the fact that they have actual fans in the arena and in the front row now instead of political figure heads like in the first few Saudi show. It makes the show feel like a normal show and the fans seem like they were really enjoying the show as they were hot during the whole show.

Second, I love how the costumes for the women's fit more their characters now then when they started and that they are a lot more loose with what they can were. It help get into those matches more.

Thirdly, I loved how the show went under 3 hours. It made the show past quicker and more enjoyable
Now as far as the show is concern.

I didn't watch the Rey vs miz match on the pre show as I didn't recorded the pre show but from what I've read, it look similar to what they did on TV so I didn't miss much.

Roman reigns vs Goldberg was exactly what I was expecting. It was a basic title match that made Goldberg look like a aging superhero and Roman as a even bigger star. So it help Roman going into mania so I didn't mind it that much. I hope that this is Goldberg like match because as much as I'm a Goldberg fan, having him lose constantly is killing is aura as a unstoppable monster and why he got inducted in the hall of fame in the first place.

The women's elimination chamber was really strong overall even if the result was predictable. First, Alexa bliss look really good in that match considering she hasn't been in the ring since extreme rules last year. Rhea looked really strong in defeat. Liv is a future star in the company and I just love her facials in the ring. The thing that I loved in this match was that they told a lot of mini stories within the bigger story so why I wasn't a huge fan of Belair winning the match, i didn't mind it as much as if you didn't have other mini story told within the match

Ronda and Naomi vs Charlotte and Sonya Deville was I good match that got elevate by how into it the fans were. The ref should really learn how to tie a rope as Ronda arm was mostly tie on her side instead of behind her back and she could be able to use that arm for some minor move if she wanted to. That match without the crowd would have been a good TV match but with that crowd it made it a strong ppv match.

Drew McIntyre vs madcap moss was exactly whati was expecting, a 2 on 1 handicap match and again I didn't mind it as it told a story throughout which I like plus the crowd was really on fire for this match which again help it. Drew really knows how to tell a story with his facial expression which is becoming a lost art in modern wrestling and madcap moss is a future stars if he's able to get as far away from that character as possible as he has a lot of charisma and can sell like no others on the roster. Their one spot that really scared me during that match and that's when McIntyre dumped him on his ahead. I thought for sure that he was injured with that move so I'm happy to see that he was o.k. The ending was really strong as it made McIntyre look strong going into mania and advance the feud.

Becky vs Lita was really awesome. Becky proved that why she one of the best women's wrestlers in wrestling today and Lita prove that she can still go. They're were a couple of slip up during this match but that's to be expected when you haven't had a one on one match in as long as Lita did. By the end of the match, they had the crowd reacting to everything and really made fans think that Lita had a shot at winning and that's the best way of ending a match in my opinion.

I didn't mind that they did a angle with the vikings and the uso's as it made me want to see the match even more and it made me think that the vikings might actually win the belts from the uso's maybe at mania.

The men's elimination wasn't has good as the women's but for the most part it was still good. First I don't know if Lashley injury was a work or it was legit but if it was a work, it might be a good way to do a 3 way at mania and included Lashley into that match which will make that match a even bigger main event and will elevate Lashley even more. As for the rest, it felt like just filler until Lesnar enter the match and destroyed everybody. I loved how Lesnar when through his own pod to get into the match. Love how he destroyed seth,aj and riddle as it made him as look like a even bigger monster which is what you want going into mania and I just want to say that Austin theory was really great and will be a future Star in WWE. Yes, in that match he was use mostly as a punching bag but his selling was really strong and again his facials expression were awesome and reminded me a young randy Orton. The final few minutes with theory and Lesnar were awesome and I'm surprised that Brock agree to give a little bit of a shine to theory before destroying him. Kudos to theory for taking that F-5 off the top of the pod as he look like a really dangerous bump to take and theory took it as if he did that on a regular bases.

In the end, this was a really strong show that help advance stories going into mania and we got a better idea of were they are going with some of the major stars. So it made me want to see what's is gonna happen on raw and smackdown going into mania.

No shocks at the EC, everything went the way of the betting markets.

As much as I like Goldberg, it's sad seeing him wrestling, obviously nowhere near what he was, he never had a much varied moveset but he's limited to virtually nothing now. The match, I suppose served it's purpose. It got sloppy towards the end, if we're following the letter of the law the guillotine hold should have been broke when they reached the corner and Goldberg had his hands on the ropes.

Both Chamber matches were good although, it would have been nice to see Rollins or Styles get some offense in on Lesnar rather than just being squashed. WWE doesn't appear to learn.

The rest of thencard wasn't spectacular but it was decent enough to keep interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back