• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

El Generico: Future ROH World Champion?

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
El Generico had a great 2010. He was involved in the best feud of the year with Kevin Steen and put on great matches routinely. He is a very good wrestler and has an interesting gimmick, which is something that is missing in wrestling these days. His feud with Steen helped solidify him into the main event scene in the promotion and recently had a title match with current champion Roderick Strong, but he came up short. In Dayton, at ROH's next show, he will face Homicide in a battle of the contenders and a win will put him right back in the title hunt. Generico is being built up as a serious threat to the title, but will he ever reach the top of the mountain?

Do you think El Generico will ever become Ring of Honor World Champion? Or does his gimmick hold him back from ever reaching the belt?

honestly its the whole gimmick to me that is holding him back.with his currewnt gimmick thou he is very solid in the ring and his preformance. I just dont see him as a ROH title holder. Maybe a tv champion or something but not the ROH title itself.

El Generico is one of my current favorites. There's the whole no promo thing with him, but I feel like his gimmick still makes him one of the most over guys on the Indy scene. His matches are pretty much always exciting, and Bearded one said, he just showed what he is capable of in his feud with Kevin Steen.

As for becoming ROH World Champion, it wouldnt surprise me. I can see it happening. But not soon. I still think, like pretty much and ROH fan does, that Davey Richards is going to be the man to take the strap off of Roderick. I just cant see anyone besides him being the next ROH World Champion. But after Davey finally gets his championship, I wouldnt be surprised if Generico found his way to a title run. He has had recent title matches not only in ROH, but also in PWG, so it seems he could be a World Champion someday.

Generico is the bomb ive seen him and Kevin Steen wrestle a dozen times live at indy shows in Montreal always put on great matches .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back