• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EGO Is The Hottest Act In Wrestling Today

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
[YOUTUBE]Q9yHvqlwd5Q[/YOUTUBE]

Admit it. You can listen to that for hours and just smile all the way. Armed with a catchy theme song, silly shenanigans and to be as villainously evil as possible, the faction of Frankie Kazarian, Christopher Daniels and Bobby Roode are in my eyes, the hottest act in wrestling today. Sorry, Daniel Bryan. But the lack of creative backing has left you high and dry. Meanwhile, the 3 now evil former Fortune members continue to be the brightest of talents every Thursday nights.

Bobby Roode's feud with Kurt Angle has gone from non-existent to the shows focal point. Daniels and Kaz don't fall behind either with TNA's Halloween edition of Impact being basically them showing off for 2 hours. Their feud with Park, Abyss and EY may lead into the revival of the TV Championship as hinted by this video:

[YOUTUBE]knjrTICrvdo[/YOUTUBE]

If TNA's new creative line up has any desire of using that thing as a midcard belt, they've picked the right guys to want it. Meanwhile, Roode seems all but set to either be the next TNA World Champion, or a #1 Contender.

Dare I make the comparison, but EGO seems shaped up to be akin to the days of Raw being circled around Evolution. Minus backstage influence of course. Instead it's a case of plain ol' Bad Influence. TNA has a major act in their hands that can grow to be even bigger in my eyes if the keep going the way they are.

Do they need a 4th act? I don't freakin' care. They are entertaining enough as is. Let's not mess with what already works perfectly.

Should Roode be World Champion? At the very least, the top challenger. Following his feud with Angle of course.

Which Bad Influence member should be TV Champion? Daniels is over 40 and has never been World Champion. Kaz has more time. Not to mention Daniels tends to be the more favored of the two due to being the more "eccentric" one.

Just thinking forward, I'm sure Aj Styles will become the officially recognized IW World Heavyweight Champion in the near future. I've thought for some time that Daniels will weasel his way into option C to challenge Styles "For the last time" again. And quite frankly I think he deserves it, EGO and Bad influence have given both him and Kazarian a new lease on life. Armchair booking but that could be the way EGO starts imploding, Roode could be chasing AJ, Daniels could try to go after option C, hell even Kaz might try to get the X Division belt to cash it in.

But fantasy booking aside, I agree EGO have been highly entertaining and I'm glad to see IW not squandering these terrific talents.

I can't speak to the "in wrestling today" aspect of this seeing as the only "wrestling today" in my life is TNA, but I can utterly support the arguments being made here from a TNA-perspective that EGO is in fact the hottest thing in the company right now.

The Daniels mark in me wants to believe it's entirely based on the fact that he's being allowed to just let loose and do his thing (he's a guy I've argued for probably five years now that needed to be given creative outlets), which includes resurrecting the career of Franky Kazarian, but I do think the dissolution (of sorts) of Aces and Eights with how stale that's gotten in the fans' mouths has also been a factor, because EGO is unquestioningly, unadulterated fun. Pure fun. Who doesn't love fun?

I hate to say it but I agree. EGO is one of the hottest acts in PW right now. I remember when I went to BFG earlier this year, they actually got more cheers from the crowd than boos. Come to think of it, I don't remember hearing any boos for them.

One thing that might have to happen is to make them more heelish. Right now they come across as heels but are getting babyface crowd reactions.

I can't speak to the "in wrestling today" aspect of this seeing as the only "wrestling today" in my life is TNA, but I can utterly support the arguments being made here from a TNA-perspective that EGO is in fact the hottest thing in the company right now.

The Daniels mark in me wants to believe it's entirely based on the fact that he's being allowed to just let loose and do his thing (he's a guy I've argued for probably five years now that needed to be given creative outlets), which includes resurrecting the career of Franky Kazarian, but I do think the dissolution (of sorts) of Aces and Eights with how stale that's gotten in the fans' mouths has also been a factor, because EGO is unquestioningly, unadulterated fun. Pure fun. Who doesn't love fun?

Aces and Eights failed because the group wasn't anything good. You had a bunch of newbies be in a faction that some say compared to the nWo. As soon as the masks were starting to reveal the members, people starting losing interest in the group.

I think if Aces and Eights kept their masks on, and did more things the group might still be here today. The group is a massive failure because creative could not think in advance.

This might happen to EGO too, but I don't think it will as Bisch is no longer running the show backstage.

I'm with you guys on this one 100%! I've been rooting for Daniels over most other TNA talents since the days of weekly PPVs. I always wanted to see him get a world title opportunity, and always rooted for him instead in the battles with Styles. I enjoyed both the Fallen Angel gimmick, and the current one, where he's able to do more stuff. EGO for the win, and appletinis for everyone (who can legally drink) to celebrate!

The reason bad influence are so good is because they've been so consistently good for such a long time that they've given faith to people that there is such a thing as a long term tag team in the wrestling world today.

They also convince people of the existence of kayfabe, such a powerful stronghold, lost in the world of wrestling. You never find Kaz and Daniels letting themselves be caught not in character. You see guys like Kurt Angle or Sting who will be one guy on a show, and a far less charismatic, toned-down guy in interviews or behind the scenes.

Kaz and Daniels are always in character, because they have a great time doing it, which in turn makes it much easier, which means they are more likely to maintain it. This gives the impression that those guys are always clever, always underhanded, always current, always trying and always entertaining as people, and that is a powerful image to instil in the mind of a fan of potential fan. Basically, when you see Bad Influence, you know it's always going to be at least good, so you always look forward to seeing them. It's a glorious sight.

Maybe I'm the only one but EGO reminds me a lot of ECK, Edge Christian and Kurt Angle, when the 3 of them where running around together. Edge and Christian where the cocky over the top yet hilarious heels, while Kurt had a superiority complex and was arrogant as all get out.

EGO is much the same and it's fantastic to watch, although I have to disagree on the theme song, it's ok but to me nothing special.

Maybe I'm the only one but EGO reminds me a lot of ECK, Edge Christian and Kurt Angle, when the 3 of them where running around together. Edge and Christian where the cocky over the top yet hilarious heels, while Kurt had a superiority complex and was arrogant as all get out.

EGO is much the same and it's fantastic to watch, although I have to disagree on the theme song, it's ok but to me nothing special.

you are not alone. I too see that resemblance, least it makes them entertaining otherwise the two of them will never see the light of day on the world title and are boring as hell on there own. It's also refreshing to see a tag team that has stuck together for so long and still stayed relevant despite the lack of a division and the lack of wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back