• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Educate a fellow fan

gasM

Occasional Pre-Show
So I've been a wrestling fan for about 15 years. I caught the tail end of the Attitude Era and apart from a break between Wrestlemanias 26 and 28, I've watched WWE religiously ever since. I did take up TNA in 2006 (the night Booker T debuted) but I tuned out when the Hulk/Bischoff era really started to tank. So it's fair to say I've not got the broadest range of wrestling experience.

Recently we've seen international stars trying their hand at WWE. Alberto del Rio, Sin Cara, Samuray del Sol, KENTA and Prince Devitt have all turned up in the so-called "big leagues."
Now IWC, do a fellow fan a solid and let me know: what other international stars are out there yet to be discovered by this WWE fan?

If you're feeling really generous, you can include a video of this person's best moves or matches, a description of their gimmick, maybe even why you think they'd thrive in VKM's world...

I've been wanting El Hijo de Rey Misterio to come to WWE as a heel and face Rey Mysterio.
El Hijo de Rey Misterio is the real son of Rey Misterio who is WWE Rey's uncle.

I don't know if it's still the case but at one point El Hijo de Rey Misterio was upset with WWE Rey for having Jr. at the end of his name. I don't know if WWE Rey dropped it for that reason or not.

Basically what I'd like to see is El Hijo de Rey Misterio come in and trash WWE Rey and discuss him using Jr. at the end of his name to get ahead in places like Mexico. Accuse him of not being able to make it on his own and such.

Have them feud and in the end embrace each other with El Hijo de Rey Misterio getting the rub and becoming a face and being passed the torch.

I'm not sure how much English El Hijo de Rey Misterio knows though and with the current contract situation Rey and WWE have it's unlikely that it will ever happen though.

El Hijo de Rey Misterio is only 25 right now so he could have an awesome career as the token Lucha wrestler for the WWE.

I don't follow many of these foreigners so I don't know. If they are worth seeing, they'll get contracts with WWE. Otherwise they'll remain in obscurity. I am sure someone else can elaborate on the more obscure talents still unsigned.

I don't know if it's still the case but at one point El Hijo de Rey Misterio was upset with WWE Rey for having Jr. at the end of his name. I don't know if WWE Rey dropped it for that reason or not.

Rey Mysterio was known as "Rey Misterio Jr." in WCW with the permission of the original. When he signed with WWE, they wanted him to have a bankable name, and most American fans had never heard of Rey Misterio, so they changed the spelling and dropped the "Jr.".

I don't follow many of these foreigners so I don't know. If they are worth seeing, they'll get contracts with WWE. Otherwise they'll remain in obscurity. I am sure someone else can elaborate on the more obscure talents still unsigned.

are you implying that ever wrestler in the world wants to work to WWE?

NJPW and ROH has a lot of better wrestlers than WWE, OP, i recommend you to check on that.

There's this kid down in ICW... his name is Drew Galloway... think he might have something...:lmao:

Seriously there aren't that many "untapped" talents, just guys WWE has passed on previously who are currently doing better than they have in a long time, perhaps would do better a 2nd time in WWE.

Drew's return to ICW (the Scottish promotion that has aired on BBC) was mind-blowingly good and well done. It was a real FU to Vince... I can see him getting another shot in a year or two.

Shelton Benjamin, Harry Smith and even Matt Hardy could all do valuable things for WWE right now... Smith would be a perfect partner for Adrian Neville in a new British Bulldogs team. Shelton and Matt could easily run a Jericho/RVD stint to help put some of the newer talents over. Mattitude vs Bo-Lieving for example or Shelton vs Rusev.

I read today that the former German national Goalkeeper, Tim Wiese is claiming to have been offered a developmental deal.. I can see it.

There aren't many "top notch" talents that aren't already on WWE's radar in some way, some like a Mike Bennett just haven't been "attractive enough" to WWE or have baggage, lets face it it took years for them to get KENTA, Devitt and Steen.. and Rollins, Moxley/Ambrose before them... WWE doesn't hire "indie darlings" often, they want the lower talents they can mould before they get known wherever they can get them.

There aren't many "superstar level" talents left out there. There is no British "standout" right now who is must see in the way PAC/Neville, Sheamus or even Barrett or a Jody Fleisch was back in the day. The closest would probably be Grado from ICW but he'd be a comedy jobber for life in WWE, instead of a Comedy pushed guy in ICW. They have their Japanese guy now, their Canadian and their Irish/British guys... I can see them trying to get another Australian star if they can and perhaps a Chinese star somewhere down the line but the reality is that most places covered by WWE have some kind of local star they can support now... At one point there was actually an Englishman, Irishman, Scotsman and Welshman AND Sheamus from the Republic of Ireland on the roster... They have Cesaro, LeFort to cover Italy and Switzerland... where else are there major promotions other than Germany potentially, and Wiese covers that.

It's not you that needs educating... it's WWE... they need to realise some of what they have let go does have value and be big enough to offer some 2nd chances... they did it for Tensai, so why not Harry Smith?

are you implying that ever wrestler in the world wants to work to WWE?

NJPW and ROH has a lot of better wrestlers than WWE, OP, i recommend you to check on that.

If they're worth a fuck they want to wrestle for WWE. People who want to dwell in ROH should simply stop. ROH is a stepping stone to get noticed by the WWE. NJPW.... Okey doke. They're not WWE. They're a bunch of bland Japs with stiff moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back